• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Deleting semi-auto sniper rifle

The accuracy, recoil, and damage of the rifle isnt going to be THAT much differant, as they share the same bullet, i think the SVT is actually heavier then the MN (which is super light), so recoil would probibly be less...

I belive the Mosin Nagant 91/30 has a longer barrel however, which would help with accuracy (the longer you keep that bullet spinning, the more accurate it will be)

but extreme range takedowns shouldnt be a problem with the SVT SNIPER RIFLE (not "Marksmen rifle")

However in the real war, i would want the Mosin myself, in the event of a jam or malfunction, it would be simpler to repair (rip bolt out, replace with new one), and as i said, lighter...

Upvote 0
HSCN-II-gd1944 said:
I have watched dslyecxi's sniping video. The sniper SVT is so strong that most people in game will certainly choose it rather than the Mosin scoped as a sniper. I think this will ruin the beloved Mosin and become a failure. So far as I know, the scoped SVT/G43 were far less in number than the traditional Mosin/K98 sniper rifes, so they shall just be treated like other uncommon weapons that are not shown in the game.

So I hope the devs can think about deleting those scoped semi-auto sniper rifles.

I remember years ago, the Day of Defeat Beta 1.3 (not today's DOD1.3) also had scoped G43 as a sniper rifle, but they later deleted it.
Well if you look at the World at War documentary ( old one 1970s)
then it was said that the STV where totaly owning the germans, and almost all germans who got their hands on a STV used it instead of even their own G43. due to its "aim", posibility for scoping and its high rate of fire. it was a populare weapon. ant not that uncommon as many ppl think...

-----edit----

the STV aint that uncommon, look at this squad. they got 6 STVs in their group...
TOKSVT.jpg

(note one is scoped)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SVT. Not STV. "Samozaryadnaya Vintovka Tokareva" - Tokarev self-loading rifle.

And the G43 was a clone of the SVT, for all practical purposes. The Germans copied the SVT's gas system.

IRL, what's the best accuracy you can hope for out of an SVT? I thought they went down to the 1.5MOA range with good ammo.

I mean, M91/30s could be reasonably expected to shoot right around 1MOA, but still.

Upvote 0