• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Deleting semi-auto sniper rifle

HSCN-II-gd1944

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2005
China
www.aprm.cn
I have watched dslyecxi's sniping video. The sniper SVT is so strong that most people in game will certainly choose it rather than the Mosin scoped as a sniper. I think this will ruin the beloved Mosin and become a failure. So far as I know, the scoped SVT/G43 were far less in number than the traditional Mosin/K98 sniper rifes, so they shall just be treated like other uncommon weapons that are not shown in the game.

So I hope the devs can think about deleting those scoped semi-auto sniper rifles.

I remember years ago, the Day of Defeat Beta 1.3 (not today's DOD1.3) also had scoped G43 as a sniper rifle, but they later deleted it.

Last edited:
I remember years ago, the Day of Defeat Beta 1.3 (not today's DOD1.3) also has scoped G43 as a sniper rifle, but they later deleted it.

G43 scoped model in DoD beta 1.3 was not one-hit killer, it was slow as Springfield (or perhaps abit faster) but it did not kill with first hit, atleast if hit to lower body or legs\arms, while Springfield killed always from first hit.

Historical accuracy blows!

And? This may not be the game for you then.

I agree. We should curtail realism and freedom in the name of arbitrary weapon balance. After all, we wouldn't want to hurt the rifle's feelings.

Well considering that SVT40

Upvote 0
I have used the svt sniper once in the beta, and that was on stalingrad. With a map like that where the range of the shots you are making is not that great the svt is very powerful. but I doubt that it is as effective at longer ranges. Oh and you can check out the screens i posted to see what i mean by the power if the gun, those shots were no more than a second apart.;)

Upvote 0
Isn't there a Class cap anyway? Thought I read somewhere that there could only be one or two snipers per team. . . so it wouldn't be as if everyone was running around using a Semi-Auto Scoped Rifle. You'll likely find veterens of the game or more skilled players using a Bolt-action anyway. But as it's been mentioned, since they know they can fire quickly, they likely wouldn't take the time to aim properly, thus giving you a chance to take refuge in the abundance of cover each map seems to offer, from what I've seen.

Upvote 0
As the limitations of the semi auto snipers have been pointed out. I'll point something else out about the automatic scoped weapons in WW2 that where used in Italy (Scoped STG44's and FG42's). So would you rather have the semi auto scoped rifles used in WW2 or the automatics (you'd have to be fairly dumb to use them set on auto though)?

Upvote 0
Yes there are Class Caps, usually like this (different on different Maps):

Sniper (Bolt or Semi-Automatic) always max. 1
Infantry Commander 1 (rarely more, mostly in custom Maps)
SMG Trooper from 2 (early to Mid War Maps) to unlimited (late War Maps)
MG Gunner 2 or 3
Rifleman usually unlimited
Rifleman with Semiautomatic Weapon: from 0 to 3
Tank Commander: Combined Arms Maps 1-3, Tank Maps #of Tanks or unlimited, Infantry Maps = Zero
Tank Crews Combined Arms Maps 2-6, Tank Maps 2x#of Tanks or unlimited, Infantry Maps = Zero
Anti-Tank Infantry, limited to 2-4 depending on Map
Engineer, if avaible limited to 2-4

More info in the FAQ (Link in my Sig)

Upvote 0