• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

• Realism Mode: No unlocks/upgrades

Votes: 116 10.8%
  • Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic)

Votes: 511 47.6%
  • UI: Improved Commander system (removing arty targets from map, more )

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • UI: Improved notifications (pop up vote system, visual/audio feedback of votes, more)

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • General: Enhanced Game play (work on spawn systems/protection/game modes)

Votes: 95 8.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Coop

Votes: 35 3.3%
  • Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign

Votes: 52 4.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Additional Clan/Server/Client Functionality

Votes: 27 2.5%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Bleeding, bandaging

Votes: 33 3.1%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Limb Deactivation on Damage

Votes: 50 4.7%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Improved squad system (interface, functionality)

Votes: 83 7.7%
  • Tanks: Reduced max tank limit (Improved tank stability/functionality and additional map content)

Votes: 55 5.1%

• Total voters
Things like this are what differentiate TWI from typical developers who ignore playerbase input and disregard easily-fixable gameplay problems. :)

I had a difficult time choosing a single option;, as I felt these three took nearly-equal priority over everything else:

Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic)
Changed/Improved Features: Bleeding, bandaging
Realism Mode: No unlocks/upgrades
Changed/Improved Features: Improved squad system (interface, functionality)

In the end, I voted for "more changes to game play in this mode". I think relating idle sway to stamina-left is a vital gameplay mechanic that a game like RO2 needs, but I am also one of the few who have no problem with the idle sway, recoil, and running speeds when stamina are full.

Nearly as urgent is the bleeding & bandaging system. As it is, everytime someone begins to bleed, they immediately stop (and wherever they may happen to be, even if it is a wide open field) and patch up because the bleed-out time is so quick that they have no chance of surviving if they try to find cover first. In addition, the time it takes to bandage is ridiculously short and not at all appropriate for a tactical FPS like RO2.

After that, I feel the complete removal of the weapon proficiency system is in order. Giving experienced players artificial boosts to their recoil-absorption and reload-speeds only makes the game more difficult for newcomers to RO2, and does nothing to enhance the gameplay. While I think the game would still be alright if unlocks remained, I think it would be vastly better if rare weapons like the MKb-42, AVT-40, G41(W), MP40/II, SVT-40 Scoped, or rare attachments like the saddle drum for the MG34, and so forth, were randomly distributed per round rather than through a progression system. These things absolutely will not stay rare if they are acquired through a progression system, and they will ruin the meta-game by making them completely abundant.

I also think that players would actually work in squads if they could easily see who was in their squad and what the squad objectives were. A good start would be to entirely replace the class selection screen with the squad selection screen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Networking: Latency compensation

The game's biggest flaw is in the effectively random aimpoints required to hit people. It's the source of all the "hit reg" complaints, and it's the core functionality driving the online gameplay. Other changes are crippled while the foundation is so shaky.
This

and
Thanks for the poll. Be cautious when you interpret this poll, because many new RO2 players are probably not on this forum yet, opposedly to the RO vets who seem to be here in a high proportion.
This

and I voted for Tanks. Bigger maps will solve these "realism" problems.

Upvote 0
Voted improved squad system.

Teamplay is the most important aspect of any non-arcade online shooter.

Take BF2 for example, the game is almost totally arcade but the squad experience is vastly superior to RO2. Spawning on squad leader should be default IMO (or if its selected, it should stay selected between spawns) and staying near the squad leader should net you some morale bonuses (IE: somewhat more immune to suppressive fire, not that suppressive fire does a whole lot anyways)

Upvote 0
Voted for realism changes, sort of a combo of everything.

-Selectable unlocks. Simply no sense that stuff is forced onto us.

-Adjustments to bleeding. In my personal opinion, it seems to have little tactical purpose. You wrap yourself in a couple seconds and then move on with little penalty. This also ties in to limb damage. If the player has to bandage themselves, they should have some penalties from the damage they previously received. Bandaging should only save the player from bleeding and not repair any would-be injuries.

-The usual performance patches(You guys are already on this)

Upvote 0
i voted for "Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign" i think this will bring a lot off ppl to play the game
i dont have problems with realism mode i came from COD ( tactical realism servers :) )

any way what about SDK?????? ppl need to make modes and maps
plz give them the SDK NOW!!!! :D

Upvote 0