• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dec 13th Patch

thank you for the quick fix, i havent started my server back up, but so far i can run mutators on my client without the error.

so what was the exact problem? (for future reference and personally i would like to know, since i couldnt figure it out from the steamstatsandachievementsbase file)

This 2807.3 MB update, is that the client side update for fixing the mod white listing issue, then?
That seems huge for something with no new audio or graphics.

It was inside the driver files (DLL) for what I can see. That is the only files that were updated and downloaded.

Me?? We were 6 players 6lvl - 3 supp, 1 med, 1 com and a demo. We tried 5-6 times - every time we died.
Just a guess and only a guess, you guys obviously was doing it wrong. No guess needed and you should never say a map is unbeatable just because you can't beat it. Find a spot you all can hold up and make sure you have the right players doing their perk roles properly. Enough said to beat any map on HoE. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Me?? We were 6 players 6lvl - 3 supp, 1 med, 1 com and a demo. We tried 5-6 times - every time we died.

So what, we tried it a dozen times too and even died on wave 3 many times which we never do on the other stock maps. But once we found the right spot it was a cakewalk really.

But then again our team plays on HoE daily and everyone knows what they are doing.

You should just stop and think for your logic for a moment. Just because I didnt have Hospital HoE achievement until recently, I never claimed the map was impossible just because I couldnt get the achievement after 5-6 tries -_-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I take my words back. After some more play-testing, I feel like the reload speed is a wee bit faster than before, but the reload speed when off sharpshooter perk (lvl6) is definitely far slower than before.

However, the recoil felt the same when firing 6 shots consecutively with no pause, on perk and off perk. Bug?

Definitely seeing a much faster reload speed from Lv6 Sharpshooter on the magnum. AND seeing a faster reload on the 9mm, compared to other perks anyway.

However you are right in saying that the recoil is unchanged. It isn't changed. Woo reload speed changes on 9mm and Mag. Makes it...more viable now for sharpshooter. However...I THINK, it seems as though it's reload is still SLIGHTLY longer than the Handcannon. Hrumph.

Upvote 0
Reloading dual .44 magnums still takes a bit long (cool animation though), but the reload on handcannons and dual handcannons is sick. Fix the recoil bonus on the .44 magnum, and all is good.

Btw, is it just me, or was the siren's scream range buffed? It was something I noticed around the Xmas update, but it wasn't until the last few games I played that it really piqued my attention. The siren would make me lose health when I was a good 15-20 meters away from her or so - a lot more range on that scream than I remember from before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm not sure how to feel with the grenade fix.

Yes, the glitch where a grenade appeared to go down the hall but really dropped at your feet to say hello was annoying as all hell. I'll be first to agree that it needed to be fixed.

However... I can't say I agree with a fix was implemented, that is, hand grenades, launcher grenades, and rockets go through players. It just seems so conducive to sloppy play.

I was helping coach the new players during the free weekend, and in one session I distinctly remember telling them when a FP appeared at the end of the Biotics long hall to duck so the Demo could slam it with M32 grenades. Every once and a while, someone would be slow on the uptake, which would cause a KO or massive damage on the demo and then the raging Fleshie would proceed to munch our team. It was a good learning experience for the newbies. They understood that a minor slip up, like not ducking in time, could have serious consequences. (Also, it taught our Demo not to be so itchy with his trigger finger; he should wait until he has clear shots).

Now, in the same situation, the Demo could just shout "Cheers!" and spam the FP through the entire team with no consequences other than the obvious smokescreen. Also, the team could lob hand grenades through each other, instead of timing their throws or bouncing them off ceilings or walls.

Again, I completely agree that the grenade glitch need to be fixed. However, I can't completely agree with the current fix. I don't know how hard the coding aspect is, and for all I know this is literally all TWI could do (and if this is the case, I'll learn to deal with it). However, if there's another way to address the grenade glitch, I think it would make the explosive weapons more risky, and thus teach players to deploy them more carefully.

Upvote 0
I feel the fix was perfect for hand grenades, but definitely the wrong move for the launchers/LAW. Not blocking teammates shots is part of ALL the classes, and it's quite jarring to have the launched grenades and rockets fly through your teammates willy nilly.

Like I said though, a good move for the hand grenades. Surely they're not all tied together though and it's possible to make hand grenades go through teammates, (because seriously, that bug happened WAY too often), and launchers still get stopped by them? Because it was never a problem with the launchers. It probably has to do with the projectile speed, but unlike with the thrown grenades, it was never a surprise when the launcher blew you up.

Upvote 0
No you didn't! The map is impossible!

I won KF-Icecave on HoE twice (without exploits or berserkers/medics ofcourse) one was for me, and 2nd time was to help my friend to get achievement.

the first time we were 1 commando, 1 demo, 2 SS, 1 support and medic
the second time we were 1 commando, 1 demo, 1 SS, 3 supports

we sure lost few times but we did it :D

Upvote 0
I feel the fix was perfect for hand grenades, but definitely the wrong move for the launchers/LAW. Not blocking teammates shots is part of ALL the classes, and it's quite jarring to have the launched grenades and rockets fly through your teammates willy nilly.

Like I said though, a good move for the hand grenades. Surely they're not all tied together though and it's possible to make hand grenades go through teammates, (because seriously, that bug happened WAY too often), and launchers still get stopped by them? Because it was never a problem with the launchers. It probably has to do with the projectile speed, but unlike with the thrown grenades, it was never a surprise when the launcher blew you up.
Yeah I agree. It feels really weird and im still dropping bricks when I think im about to blow myself up from a grenade launcher cause a team mate came infront of me. I usually jump the team above the team so I can get a clear shot but...well I want the collision for the grenade launchers back :p

Upvote 0
I won KF-Icecave on HoE twice (without exploits or berserkers/medics ofcourse) one was for me, and 2nd time was to help my friend to get achievement.

the first time we were 1 commando, 1 demo, 2 SS, 1 support and medic
the second time we were 1 commando, 1 demo, 1 SS, 3 supports

we sure lost few times but we did it :D

We only lost because a few level 3's joined mid trader spawn -_-

Upvote 0