• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Press Release: DH Manual

Top stuff!!!! I really liked the look and layout of the manual. It is very detailed and has some lovely new screenshots covering lots of different units, weapons, vehicles, maps, etc. Good work guys :) I do hope the manual gets an update everytime you bring out newer content or have made any changes for DH.

Early version of the manual. I'll keep updating it with new content when it's ready and they'll be a lot more to come. As Anenas has said in the near future they'll be the stuff we had to leave out last minute and in the not too distant future will be a lot of new German/British stuff.

Anyway if you spot any errors in the manual PM and i'll fix it for the next update :D

Upvote 0
There's a civilian car model (Citroen Traction Avant) in the manual that I've noticed but I was just wondering if it could be possible to drive one of these beauties around town maybe as another means of transport ?

dhcivilianvehiclerg6.jpg

Upvote 0
Lol yeh fog we have a dev discussion on this and it went something as follows:

Dev 1 "All raise your hands if you want jeeps playable in game"

*Almost every dev raises hand*

Dev 1 "How many of you would jump in them and run off and cap all the cap zones before the game has even started properly?"

that pretty much killed the idea off straight away. We'd love to have a lot of cool cars in game to drive but the problem is people just don't use them as they would be used in rl (i.e. jeeps fast recon, med evac etc). They just burn it off to the capzone and cap the points it tends to mess with the game balance a little too much. Shame really :(

Upvote 0
Lol yeh fog we have a dev discussion on this and it went something as follows:

Dev 1 "All raise your hands if you want jeeps playable in game"

Dev 1 "How many of you would jump in them and run off and cap all the cap zones before the game has even started properly?"

that pretty much killed the idea off straight away. We'd love to have a lot of cool cars in game to drive but the problem is people just don't use them as they would be used in rl (i.e. jeeps fast recon, med evac etc). They just burn it off to the capzone and cap the points it tends to mess with the game balance a little too much. Shame really :(

I applaud your decision :)

Upvote 0