• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crysis 2 ZOMG SPECULATION!

Extreme settings with Q6600 and a GTX 260? huh. One Crysis 2 review said the original Crysis gives high end systems palpitations....though they also do mention how optimized the second game is.

Oh and I heard that DX 11 capabilities will be coming out sometime soon. Weird how they're not there on release. Bit of a rushed product? It is an EA publication. Or maybe its a complex process to get DX 11 capabilities. Either way, strange how there's going to be patch to enable them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Extreme settings with Q6600 and a GTX 260? huh. One Crysis 2 review said the original Crysis gives high end systems palpitations....though they also do mention how optimized the second game is.

Oh and I heard that DX 11 capabilities will be coming out sometime soon. Weird how they're not there on release. Bit of a rushed product? It is an EA publication. Or maybe its a complex process to get DX 11 capabilities. Either way, strange how there's going to be patch to enable them.
Yeah. I doubt I'm hitting a solid 60 FPS or even a solid 30FPS, but I can't seem to notice it when gaming or in firefights. However, I do get a hit in MP (when it stops saying my CD key isn't in use) so I tone that back to Very High for MP.

Also, I STILL don't think I can run the original Crysis on the best settings.

So yeah, either it's SUPER optimized or more likely, it's been scaled back significantly.

Here are some gameplay videos I posted in the Screenshot/Movie thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=720732&postcount=5738

Upvote 0
If Crysis 2 is anything like Crysis 1, it is very CPU dependent.

I was able to run Crysis 1/Warhead high-very high nicely, with frame rates from 25-40. However, some areas would slow down a lot. An example is the train battle in Crysis Warhead. Frame rates where pretty poor with my AMD 9950BE, so I had to turn the settings down to high. Even then performance would slow down a bit, and loading saves would take a while.

My AMD 965 upgrade made a huge improvement. I now run the train battle map on maxed out settings with no stutters, 30 frame rates, and quick loading.

Upvote 0
PC gamer says the only graphics options in the full game are verticle sync, anti aliasing, HuD head bob, and 4 graphics presets.

I just read through the IGN review and didn't see where it talked about graphics options anywhere.

I was referring to this: http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1156893p1.html

I didn't realize at first that it was only by using the cfg files, not the ingame menu.

Upvote 0
In my opinion its a disaster compared to the first Crysis, and the options given equals a bad joke :/.

How is it a disaster? And personally I don't care about the GFX options. Runs at 60 fps almost all the time on the lowest setting (high) which looks absolutely gorgeous. And that is one a geforce gtx 275 or something, and Core 2 Duo E6700 :D

Upvote 0
How is it a disaster? And personally I don't care about the GFX options. Runs at 60 fps almost all the time on the lowest setting (high) which looks absolutely gorgeous. And that is one a geforce gtx 275 or something, and Core 2 Duo E6700 :D

How about less physics, less options, corridor shooter, horrible fov etc ? The 2nd one does not stand much of a chance against the 1st in my opinion the graphics sure look great indoor but outdoor the 1st Crysis was a much more beautiful game. :) If your playing this on a console then its obviously a great game, but on the PC side of things this is nothing but another PC title gone console land if you ask me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about less physics, less options, corridor shooter, horrible fov etc ? The 2nd one does not stand much of a chance against the 1st in my opinion the graphics sure look great indoor but outdoor the 1st Crysis was a much more beautiful game. :) If your playing this on a console then its obviously a great game, but on the PC side of things this is nothing but another PC title gone console land if you ask me.
Less physics? What does that even mean? There's still plenty of physics objects and interactivity. Stop grasping for straws with that one.

Less options? How? This ties into the "horrible fov" crap too. FOV looks fine. People ***** about the FOV far too often, but if it bothers you THAT much, there are obviously workarounds for it already, I believe PUTZ linked one such option above.

Corridor shooter? It's just as open as the first game was and just as much open as Warhead.

You're incredibly blind to keep calling this consolized anything.

Upvote 0
Pros:

- Graphics: Looks amazing. Attention to detail in terrain is pretty nice aswell.
- Sounds: Great sounds. My woofer is really getting put to work. Also, Hans Zimmer OST :cool:
- Little details like first person cover 'system'
- Movement feels really controllable, if that makes sense

Cons:

- Story isn't that great imo, but the way it's told is kinda nice. Not crazy about Crysis 1 story either.

Upvote 0
I haven't boght this and don't plan to, but a few things they are still not quite grasping, judging from youtube walkthroughs, demo and screenshots:

-One man army corridor shooter isn't interesting. Just because you have a super suit to justify your continued survivial in lone wolf mode doesn't change that.

-I find art that resembles real life to be worthy of praise. This game is chock full of nice realistic visuals, but at the same time, crytek's trademark implausible, ugly, and stupid looking sci-fi gear and aliens breaks immersion and makes the game look like a Roger Corman movie.

-Rehashed story. This game was already released a hundred times under different titles. I find the writer's attempts to relate to a teenager audience quite pathetic.

Not going to waste 60 dollars on this stinker.

Upvote 0
-I find art that resembles real life to be worthy of praise. This game is chock full of nice realistic visuals, but at the same time, crytek's trademark implausible, ugly, and stupid looking sci-fi gear and aliens breaks immersion and makes the game look like a Roger Corman movie.

This is probably one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. Stupid sci fi looking things? In a sci fi/futuristic game? Who would have thought! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I haven't boght this and don't plan to
Right there is where I stopped reading. Unless you actually own or have played the game, you really can't say squat about the gameplay without experiencing it first hand. Same goes to the "OMG IT'S A CONSOLE PORT WAAAH" crowd out there.

I admit to not being a fan of the aliens...and the boss fight at the end of the original? This game takes itself seriously, does it not? I found the boss fight to be a joke. But I think most people will use this game as a hardware benchmark...
Nobody should use this as a hardware benchmark. The game has fantastic visuals but doesn't fully utilize the game engine's featureset. It's not just some tech demo as the original game was, so don't go into it thinking it's going to be any sort of a hardware benchmark given how well the engine runs on a rather large array of configurations.

Upvote 0
The demo kinda grew on me, even though it wasn't very original. And now it seems the sp is getting positive reviews. Question, is all of the mp as deathmatchy cod-ish as the demo or are there other gametypes? Also, does anyone know of any deals? $60 is a steep price.

EDIT: D2D has their 20% March Madness sale. That's still $48usd. This isn't Steam only either is it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even though it might be a decent game, I still find the port-ness of the game a big slap in the face to PC gamers who enjoyed and supported the first game. We deserve a real graphics options menu. We deserve a developer console. The developers knew that everyone loved tweaking and modding the hell out of the first Crysis, but this time they aren't even giving us the bare minimum.

It's also a shame what they did to the suit powers. Due to the dumbed down physics in th game, you can't pull off some of the things that made you feel like a true badass in the first game. You can no longer cut down trees with bullets, or jump super high and land on a house, punch a hole in the roof and punch out an enemy below. They streamlined it to the point of making each of the powers feel less unique.

The game looks fun and I was tempted to buy it, but I'm not going to support a clearly jaded developer that cut corners on the sequel of a game that was a haven for PC tweaking fans. It's too bad because I really enjoyed the first Crysis.

Upvote 0