• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Couple name their baby Hitler.

If we're going to allow people to homeschool and teach their children that the world was created in 6 literal days, 6,000 years ago, by a dude in the sky that wants to be your invisible friend, and if you don't love him he'll f*****g smite your ***

Oh, believe me, I consider that to be child abuse too. Fan of Dawkins, eh? :)

I don't care how much the parents love their little Adolf. Some people do terrible things in the name of 'love' / religion. But calling your child Adolf Hitler is child abuse, come on. That kid will be shunned for the rest of his life and will probably turn into a sociopath if he gets to keep that name.

If you want to give your child a funny name at least be a little creative, like Batman Bin Suparman.

a96771_BatmanBinSuparman.jpg

Reactions: slavek and Shadrach
Upvote 0
just curious, but if the child was named mao or stalin would there be a problem? they did kill more people. or what about if the kid was named pol pot? he killed a larger percentage of the people he was aiming to kill

i still think that what the parents did was utterly retarted, but the fact that hitler is pure evil while stalin, mao, and pol pot(among others) aren't viewed as evil shows a double standard here

Upvote 0
just curious, but if the child was named mao or stalin would there be a problem? they did kill more people. or what about if the kid was named pol pot? he killed a larger percentage of the people he was aiming to kill

i still think that what the parents did was utterly retarted, but the fact that hitler is pure evil while stalin, mao, and pol pot(among others) aren't viewed as evil shows a double standard here

Interesting point. The victors always write the history books. This shows it pretty dang well.

In related news, I remember when this story originally aired on the local news here. It was because their local Wal-Mart refused to decorate a cake with their son's name (Hitler). I couldn't help but chuckle at the name "Aryan Nation" though...

Upvote 0
[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_iowa_obama_billboard[/URL]

it's the same thing that happened in the above situation. people will see a name or picture and immediately associate it with the most evil thing possible like an atrocity, murderer etc.....especially when society has already deemed something "evil". and like already stated, the winners always end up setting the record as to who or what was good/evil. if they named him josef stalin campbell, nobody would notice or care.

i'd still even imagine that for most americans, if they just knew his first name as "adolf" and didn't realize his middle name was "hitler", they'd not put the two together or would even think "oh, dur, adolf hitler, the nazi that killed the jews".....cause a lot of americans are ignorant of world history :eek: :rolleyes:

According to court records, both parents are unemployed and both suffer from unspecified physical and psychological disabilities.

^ this plus the fact that they were stupid enough to actually name their child after one of the worst mass murderers in history is plenty of evidence to put their children in foster care and put the parents in a mental facility.........and please for the love of god somebody change his birth certificate so he doesn't commit suicide by age 13 :eek:

Upvote 0

uuuuh.... pretty sure most people view them as evil.

Upvote 0
uuuuh.... pretty sure most people view them as evil.

I agree, they are all equally evil, the number of people killed don't mean a thing, as the reason why Hitler didn't kill as many as others was that he wasn't around long enough.

Is a matter of time, power and resources I suppose. When you cross the line of genocide, I think you fall into a category that can't be measured with "better or worse"

:IS2:

Upvote 0
What usually happens on these forums is someone says something about Hitler, someone who is (let's be polite here) not grossly overburdened with critical faculties, gets all upset - and says "How come no-one ever says this stuff about...Mao, Stalin, Enver Hoxha, Charles Taylor, Idi Amin, Manuel Noriega etc.etc.?(insert name of evil dictator of choice here)"

If someone called their kid Idi Amin or E.D.O.C. it would be bad but probably not quite so noteworthy due to 'brand recognition'.

Upvote 0
The real differences in why Hitler is more infamous are:

1 - The crimes he committed were against the first world countries so it touches us directly.

2 - Genocide against educated people that would be the equivalent to our modern society today(I think they had better education by then than we have now tho), so we can more easily imagine the horrors they faced.

3 - He started the biggest war in history.

4 - The motivation to conquer the world and systematically exterminate an entire race.

5 - His impact in the world and consequences were much greater.

6 - The man is responsible for a lot of great ww2 games, some of them are fine to play and some of them are Red Orches... (sorry I had to drop that one, courtesy of G4TV =P).

I don't get why some people get pissed when he is better known than others, they are all huge psychos. But considering the points above, its perfectly understandable that Hitler is the most infamous of all. I think his infamy is well deserved, even if he doesn't have the largest bodycount.

I think its some kind of e-peny thing trying to "teach" history lessons because they just discovered that someone killed more people than Hitler.

:IS2:

Reactions: D3terioNation
Upvote 0
Who cares, it's just a name. There are still people in the south who won't name their kids William because of the actions of General Sherman. Besides, I'm getting really sick of the same old Biblical names over and over again. I can't even call any of my friends named Chris or Robert by their first name because there are so damn many of them. Still, exercise caution when inventing a creative name for your kid; there was a girl named Latrina in my one of my classes when I lived in the city.

Upvote 0