• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Couple name their baby Hitler.

Well if I read that right all three of his kids have Nazi inspired names.

The fact that both the parents have mental disabilities could be an explanation for the carelessness of how they named their children.

Even then, I don't want to make up excuses for them. It's just idiotic.

Upvote 0
Don't there exist rules for what you can call your children in the US? Most euro countries have them I think. And the law's not about "liberty" its child abuse to give your child a name like that :(

The first amendment to the US Constitution would pretty well preclude the government telling you what you can or cannot name your children, I think.

I'm curious, though ... might have to bring that one up in class.

Upvote 0
... which does NOT include child abuse (and stealing, and murder, and rape, etc).

No, it doesn't include child abuse. And, by all accounts that I've found, the parents are very loving and caring parents. Who just happen to have a thing for the third reich, apparently.

If we're going to allow people to homeschool and teach their children that the world was created in 6 literal days, 6,000 years ago, by a dude in the sky that wants to be your invisible friend, and if you don't love him he'll f*****g smite your *** ... and we're not going to call that child abuse ... Then I don't really see how this is worse.

Would I name my child Adolf Hitler? F**K NO I wouldn't.

Would I care to go down the path of prior restraint with respect to the constitution? F**K NO I wouldn't.

I'd call this a free speech issue. I might exercise my own first amendment rights and call the kid's parents idiots, and quite probably not good people ... but I don't think there's evidence to support them being abusive.

Reactions: illinifan
Upvote 0