• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Big List of returning and new enemies

Yeah I understand that too. In the traditional sense of the word they don't qualify, but zombies aren't always depicted as living dead. In 28 Days Later, the virus just turned people into flesh eating maniacs, not actually living dead. So while it's considered a zombie flick, they aren't actually undead like in a traditional George Romero style. I guess it just depends on how open people are to interpretation.
In 28 series they are infected. Not zombies if I remeber right. (And, calling them zombies doesn't make them zombies).

Upvote 0
Yeah I understand that too. In the traditional sense of the word they don't qualify, but zombies aren't always depicted as living dead. In 28 Days Later, the virus just turned people into flesh eating maniacs, not actually living dead. So while it's considered a zombie flick, they aren't actually undead like in a traditional George Romero style. I guess it just depends on how open people are to interpretation.
Yeah it doesn't bother as much as it could since zombie is almost an adjectve these days.
The only thing that really annoys me is when people say stupid stuff like "They shouldn't do ____, zombies don't do that :0"

Upvote 0
In 28 series they are infected. Not zombies if I remeber right. (And, calling them zombies doesn't make them zombies).

The 28 Days Later trailer does mention zombies, as well as the movie art

http://youtu.be/HEkJAaGhJhQ?t=1m14s

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3283394304/tt0289043?ref_=tt_ov_i

They aren't living dead, but it's still considered a zombie film. I suppose you could use the phrase "reinvents zombie horror" to mean something else. In the case of 28 Days Later and Killing Floor, zombie is more of a descriptor than a literal term. It's the easiest way to describe them because of the parallels between them. Tell someone Killing Floor is a co-op zombie shooter and they'll have a good idea of what the game is. Tell them it's a co-op game where you kill specimens and they won't know what you're talking about without a drawn out explanation.

Me personally? I don't call them zombies in KF and I don't consider them to be actual zombies, but as an adjective to describe them, then yes they have zombie-like behavior. If someone wants to call them zombies, I think that's fine too, because I don't see any reason why you have to stick to the tried and true formula to define zombie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Not sure if mentioned.. but i get the sneaking suspicion that the various incarnations of the clots are not various incarnations, rather, Clots evolving during game play to be gorefests or similar.

Think about it, if you kite you leave clots generally, and dont touch them unless you have too. Essentially harmless if they are not spawning near or on top of you.

Suppose those clots you are not killing and running from are turning into...Gorefests when you leave them too long?

20 clots can quickly become 20 gorefests.

Not sure if true>? just guessing.

Upvote 0
Not sure if mentioned.. but i get the sneaking suspicion that the various incarnations of the clots are not various incarnations, rather, Clots evolving during game play to be gorefests or similar.

Think about it, if you kite you leave clots generally, and dont touch them unless you have too. Essentially harmless if they are not spawning near or on top of you.

Suppose those clots you are not killing and running from are turning into...Gorefests when you leave them too long?

20 clots can quickly become 20 gorefests.

Not sure if true>? just guessing.

I'm hoping for the same thing (and pre-emptively proposing a mod if this isn't the case by default)

Except that I'm pretty sure Gorefasts will be a completely separate thing from Clots. They seem... really specifically manufactured and too different in mentality. I mean, someone has to crudely graft a blade into their arm and... uh.. peel all of their skin off for whatever reason.. and it's weird to think of a bunch of clots standing around and doing that to each other.

So, I'm pretty sure the new things that look like clots that hit the gym and grew claws and have pronounced face-bones (resistance to low-damage headshots, perhaps?) would be the pinnacle of the clot line.

Upvote 0