• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Axis or Allies?

Axis or Allies?

• Allies

Votes: 234 42.7%
  • Axis

Votes: 314 57.3%

• Total voters
Your the one thats ignorant. Yeah there was not a single nazi in the german army, it was only the SS that were evil and committed all atrocities, no one in the Heer committed any atrocities they gave out free candy and food to russian civilians... LOL
Gimme a break what a joke.

You're an idiot. I assume you think everyone on the Allied side were upstanding citizens fighting against injustice and just generally heroes right? Both sides committed atrocities, the Allies got to write the history books though so the German army are painted as 'evil' despite the fact most of the soldiers were no different than any soldier on the Allied side. Sick of narrow minded people spitting narrow minded views.

Upvote 0
Why u dont have to care which team you join:
- both team speaks english, german and russian
- you can select the other sides weapons if u like it
- nubs dont care for uniforms, they kill everything that moves

Seriously i would choose the german side when playing at a
european server. Most time there a many real life germans,
UKs, french and italian guys at the german team and they
better know how to communicate and work as a team.
I dont know why, but east europeans sucks a tactics.
Perhaps its a communication problem?

Upvote 0
I play allies as its purely a challenge right now. Getting teamwork to happen is a different matter though with the allied, and find the Axis are much more encourageable and listen to you when you tell certain fire teams to defend, supress or attack.

I get the impression the allied get's full to the brim with 'Jude Law' wanabe's who think they can pull of some crazy enemy at the gates skillz.

I do get the odd team mates who work with me though and it changes the game completely when it does happen.

Upvote 0
Sorry but that's the same political BS that doesn't belong in this game.This is a game meant to be played for fun not to defend or support political views.Its sad seeing people doing this.

I play whatever side I have fun on and atm its mainly the Russian side and not because of any political reasons.Its because its the side I find more challenge on.If it was the Germans that was being team stacked against or a few map imbalances I would play them more.

I will say it again both sides did plenty of evil during ww2 and I'm not trying to justify either side.Anyone who has even been shot at in a real war will tell you that for the average soldier.Politics is the last thing on their mind when the s**t hits the fan they fought for each other.

Play the game have fun leave stupid politics out of it plz

Well as I said I did not mean to offend most of the members on the board. I was reluctant to post such politcal content, but I find it really irritating how some members jump down the throats of anyone who may refer to the Axis as having Nazi sympathies. They go on some deluded apologist spiel guised in political correctness. Despite what they say the Wehrmacht wasn't just a fighting force who dutifuly fought for their country when the Nazis just happened to be the ruling party. Nazism ran through the ranks as much as Stalinism ran through the ranks of the Red Army.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would play the Axis team 100% of the time, if the teams weren't always unbalanced, because I have a fascination with the Karabiner 98k bolt action rifle. It's the most beautiful weapon ever created. I would use it all the time.

Instead the teams are always unbalanced, and my unshakable sense of fair play will not allow me to join a team that already has more players on it, so 9 times out of 10 I'm stuck on the Allies using the Mosin Nagant.

Upvote 0
Well as I said I did not mean to offend most of the members on the board. I was reluctant to post such politcal content, but I find it really irritating how some members jump down the throats of anyone who may refer to the Axis as having Nazi sympathies. They go on some deluded apologist spiel guised in political correctness. Despite what they say the Wehrmacht wasn't just a fighting force who dutifuly fought for their country when the Nazis just happened to be the ruling party. Nazism ran through the ranks as much as Stalinism ran through the ranks of the Red Army.

Did not offend me at all (takes alot to offend me) just saying defending one side is as worst as defending the other.And picking a side just because of political views is living in the past.Both sides was guilty and at the same time both sides had many innocents that could care less about politics and was just doing their duty trying to get back to their families.This is a game meant for fun not to pick sides in a racial war that was settled and paid for long ago.

Lets try to leave the past behind us where it belongs

Upvote 0
You can thank idiot writers and Hollywood for that. They've done a very good job at portraying the Red Army as this disorganized, cheap, mob of thugs who won the war through sheer mass alone.

Meanwhile the Wehrmacht always gets a sterile image of tactical perfection. The model of a modern military that only got beaten because those damn Russians had a few more tanks.

Thats not really true, Germans are always portrayed as **** in pretty much every Hollywood movie ASWELL as Russian movies, there are not really any movies that promote German ingenuity or perfection.

Seriously?:
WW2 SNIPER - Film Trailer - Combat Scenes - Eastern Front Battlefield - Soviet RKKA vs German WH&SS - YouTube

And:
German Mechanized Infantry vs Romanian Troops in Hungary - YouTube

Upvote 0
It's actually quite shocking to see the racist and political motives behind the choosing of the team for many players here. :eek:

It is abundantly clear that ANY nation has **** on their dick. Even today all industrial nations have that. Neglecting this is only possible if you live in a bubblegum sphere with cotton padding. Just turn on TV about the Ukraine crisis, doesn't matter which side you listen to, it's mostly propaganda, making us hate each other (again). :rolleyes:

Let's take comrade AAZ here, he is one of the Russians I see a lot on the forums here. He has never done anything to me, so when my regime told me, go and shoot him, I would have a bad feeling about it. :(

If RO2/RS allowed/forced me to participate in war crimes like rape and such vile stuff, I would have never played this game for even a second.
To this day I have never played the Airport mission in MW2. It disgusted me that a video game forces me to go on a killing spree against civilians. I remember so damn well these discussions on German gaming forums: That is just was a video game and secondly it was just Russians. Yeah just Russians ... as if they were humans of a lesser kind. :rolleyes::eek:

I love my country but certainly not all Germans. There are many Germans I would not shed a tear for if they were gone. People who are pernickety, blindly follow orders, denounce others, are nosy, consistently put their own interests above all else. The good/bad thing is, you have these goons in any people. Doesn't matter where you go. People around the world are all the same.

My earnest wish is that I never have to pick up a weapon for my (or another) country, point it at someone and pull the trigger in real life.

The reason in the end why I choose Axis mostly is that I am very bored and tired of fighting against them. It's almost 20 years now in which I have been gunning down Germans in video games and sometimes Japanese too.
I am well aware I am talking about human beings here, despite being virtual for our entertainment. Still, I do want a different enemy.

Speaking of Rising Storm, it is on one side that I am tired of the Japanese as gun fodder and secondly, they are the more challenging side. No semi auto rifles, no flamethrower. I need to rely on my bolt-action rifle, my bayonet and my brains. That is challenging and fun.

If the HoW mod becomes more popular or even a second expansion pack to RO2, I will again choose Axis as I have experienced the Western Front too often as an Allied soldier to be fresh at any point.

Upvote 0
As an American with no particular political preference between the two, I prefer to play as the Russians on purely a gameplay basis. It's a simple fact that the Russians are often the weaker team, and I like playing as the underdogs since it's just so much more satisfying to win as them. However, when the teams are relatively even, I just hit auto-select.

Edit: I do love German uniforms and weapons though, so that occasionally sways me to their side.

Upvote 0