• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] ArmA 3, for real

Code:
removeAllWeapons this; {this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"} forEach[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10]; {this addMagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203} forEach[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8]; this addWeapon "RH_m16a1gl";
But a graphical interface with proper drag & drop support would be better obviously. If you still have the option of manually editing the generated code.

Vehicular gameplay will be less arcadey with ground vehicles having proper gear ratio's, torque figures and minimum/maximum RPM. There is no news on whether or not the ridiculous lineair speed-based increasing turning radius is replaced by something more realistic.

Helicopter physics will be modeled after Take On Helicopters and fixed wing physics are to be improved aswell. Having a bigger island this time should allow for more realistic cruise and maximum speeds for fixed wing aircrafts.

I just hope there are a lot of changes and additions, and they are done nicely. I'd rather have them postpone the release longer if they can fix the annoying ArmA series traits. That and I doubt my PC will be enough to play ArmA 3 at release. :eek:

Upvote 0
I just hope there are a lot of changes and additions, and they are done nicely. I'd rather have them postpone the release longer if they can fix the annoying ArmA series traits. That and I doubt my PC will be enough to play ArmA 3 at release. :eek:
Most ArmA 2 bugs (including those that came from the OFP:CWC genetics, the most annoying ones) are solved. The beta patches that are released every now and then primarily exist out of performance fixes and new features.

There still are bugs that won't be fixed for ArmA 2 like the no existant sight parallax in the EOTECH's, AI not climbing over but walking through obstacles, the oversensitive HDR, vehicles missing brake points, etc. Most of those will be fixed in ArmA 3 or bypassed due to other approaches.

But personally I'm more worried by the new bugs that are likely to be introduced by changing the renderer to Direct3D 10/11, the new diving gameplay or adding middleware like PhysX, Simul trueSKY (clouds) or xaitment (AI)...

Upvote 0
But personally I'm more worried by the new bugs that are likely to be introduced by changing the renderer to Direct3D 10/11, the new diving gameplay or adding middleware like PhysX, Simul trueSKY (clouds) or xaitment (AI)...

And those are the sole reasons to buy ArmA 3 over ArmA 2. I can live with a few bugs especially for PhysX and xaitment.

Upvote 0
arma_3__1__4.jpg

arma_3__2__4.jpg

arma_3__3__4.jpg

arma_3__4__4.jpg

I never was big fan of future warfare, but I've heard that ACE team is already working on ArmA 3 version of their amazing mod. So we can expect modern weapons soon after release. Same as vehicles, maps, addons... damn I'm glad that mod community is so active in ArmA series :)

Upvote 0
arma_3__1__4.jpg

arma_3__2__4.jpg

arma_3__3__4.jpg

arma_3__4__4.jpg

I never was big fan of future warfare, but I've heard that ACE team is already working on ArmA 3 version of their amazing mod. So we can expect modern weapons soon after release. Same as vehicles, maps, addons... damn I'm glad that mod community is so active in ArmA series :)

do you have a link or anything regarding the ACE stuff you`re mentioning, Id like to read if theres a discussion about in bi forums :)

Upvote 0
do you have a link or anything regarding the ACE stuff you`re mentioning, Id like to read if theres a discussion about in bi forums :)

Well, ACE team finished development of ACE. They released 1.13 month ago and that's last version for ArmA 2 Combined.
They mentioned few times about future plans regarding ArmA 3, ie here

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_future_plans_and_ARMA_3

What's more, ACE team leader, Xeno is gathering informations about ArmA 3 script code (it's going to be Java) and IIRC BiS introduced that scripting already in Take on Helicopters so mod teams can learn stuff there.

Keep an eye here, from time to time, between hundreds of ArmA 2 mods, addons, etc there are news about upcoming project for ArmA 3 as well.

Last but not least: I cannot imagine ArmA game w/o ACE and ACRE mods. Those must be there! :)

Upvote 0
I thought similarly to you at first Flogger, but then I decided it wasn't too big a deal.
I at least am getting fairly tired of seeing rehashed M16's and AK's all the time. Even though the new weapons will do the exact same thing, at least it will feel a bit more fresh.
And maybe it is an indication that BIS is working a bit more on the game part, similar to OFP. OFP wasn't completely authentic either and it felt a bit more like a game than ArmA.
Not that I mind in the least though, I love ArmA for all it does but it does feel less like a game at times, it would be cool to get back to some form of middle ground again.

Upvote 0
Check post #195.

I keep HDR on the lowest settings and post processing to a lower setting because it actually looks better while also saving a few frame rates. If the new lighting system is less demanding I would be happy as well, though I doubt this will be the case. I also hope they make the trees less demanding. I can go from 60 frame rates in a grassy area with only a few tress in the distance down to 24-27 frame rates when there are 5-6 trees close to me. This is with nothing going on.

i must inform You that setting HDR to low You actually make your game looks way worse while calculating HDR light (some colors calcs are averaged)

HDR low = 8bit precision
(affects also color gradient / tonemapping e.g. sky and clouds etc)

HDR medium = 16 bit precision

HDR high = 32 bit precision

now the best part if you have 10, 12, 16 bit pre color component (aka deep color and beyond monitor) (usual monitors are 8bit per each color component and alpha)

and use medium / high then the game will look even better (even less gradient)

Upvote 0
I thought similarly to you at first Flogger, but then I decided it wasn't too big a deal.
I at least am getting fairly tired of seeing rehashed M16's and AK's all the time. Even though the new weapons will do the exact same thing, at least it will feel a bit more fresh.
And maybe it is an indication that BIS is working a bit more on the game part, similar to OFP. OFP wasn't completely authentic either and it felt a bit more like a game than ArmA.
Not that I mind in the least though, I love ArmA for all it does but it does feel less like a game at times, it would be cool to get back to some form of middle ground again.

I'll take the same old M16, AK-74 and RPG-7 with proper animations, reload times, proper sounds ect. over an FN 2000 which has the same animation and whatnot.

Upvote 0