• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are you going to pre-order?

Are you going to pre-order?

• Yes

Votes: 99 89.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
Valac said:
Because you can load the game when you pre order, so as soon as it is released you are ready to play. You dont have to wait on congested servers to DL.
I never bought anything until now over Steam but I was guessing that as soon as I pay I can download the software. And as soon as the software is released is available on Steam.

Are the steam DL servers congested?
IS RO released in two steps ? Day X for preorders and Day X+1 for "normal" user ?

Upvote 0
They usually can upload a lot of the art content before the game is even done. This way when you pre-order something on Steam you can download this finalized stuff.

The remainder of the game would not be done yet, but on the release date you would download just the binaries (which is small).

Thus the pre-order/pre-load will come weeks before the game is even done.

Upvote 0
radix said:
I never bought anything until now over Steam but I was guessing that as soon as I pay I can download the software. And as soon as the software is released is available on Steam.

Are the steam DL servers congested?
IS RO released in two steps ? Day X for preorders and Day X+1 for "normal" user ?

Servers only get congested on release days. Even then, it usualy isn't that bad. I'd just rather download the game beforehand, at a good rate, and be ready to play. It should be a rather large download... the mod is pretty big by itself.

Upvote 0
Heh, alot of people seemed to not understand just what pre-loading was lol. I think I will pre-order if I have the money. I don't need no discount, people want too many damn handouts...My guess is that they are the same people who tip less than 10%.

Honestly the pre-load is the benifit to the pre-order. The feeling of being able to play simply minutes after release is awesome! On top of that, it will be one of the most pure playing experiences you will have online with the game. HURRAY FOR STEAM!!

Upvote 0
One thing I'd like, is that when it comes out, I hope it's released/unlockable at 12:01am on the release day.

I LOVED that about HL2, how they just flipped the switch and let people play it before even stores were open, etc.

However it seems now they are releasing everything at like 6est+ on the day of release, which imo takes away from the point of pre-loading the game and buying it online instead of in the store.

Upvote 0
I won't pre-order because of bad experience with the MP of a lot of other WWII shooters:
EA messed up the MOH series with MOH:pA.
IW messed up CoD2.
Brothers in Arms is crap.

I'll wait for some video material for RO:O and perhaps some previews. But I really think we have a big chance that this game will be great.
One big pro is that the devs here reply so fast. I'm very thankful for that!

Upvote 0