• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Apology needed I'm afraid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game should have been delayed a lot longer than two weeks. I bet it was delayed because someones family member had a cold and needed a programmer to make her soup. After playing the beta everyone knew the game was going to be a **** sandwich on launch. The way the game runs right now makes me wonder if the game will ever run like it should. The beta ran better than this and that's not saying much.

Upvote 0
When you buy something, you expect it to work. Period. No arguments about software and small budget, or about every sloppy release out there (you never hear about good releases, because that's what everyone expect, it's only noted when it doesn't).

From tractors to ballpoint pens, it's perfectly reasonable to expect them to work as presented on the manual,box,etc.
If a thing doesn't work, you return it to the store.

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO A WORKING PRODUCT.

I didn't bought a promise to a working game in the coming months, i bought a software and expected it to work. If i was told about the mess the game was on the store page, i wouldn't have bought it. That's where the apology comes in.

Tripwire should recognize the current state of the software, and give real expectations of what you're getting when you buy their game. I'm talking about the average joe. Not the power-user, forum dweller, fanboy or smartass who thinks he knows everything about computers.

Be honest and transparent, don't make empty promises. The damage is done, and it's time to rethink. Take a firm position and stick to it. Just don't underestimate my intelligence as a customer and player.

You want honesty?

I'll give you some.....

Next time don't get involved in a Beta...... Next time don't run right out and buy a game the moment it comes out on release.... wait 6 months to a year before you purchase it, because the first 6 months to a year of a games release..... regardless of what game or what company behind that game is being talked about, they all have bugs, they all have things that don't work or don't work well that require patches.

You want to talk about intelligence as a customer?

If you were a truly "intelligent gaming consumer" you not only would have known about these possible issues coming out on day 1 release of a game, but you would also have accepted that by purchasing this game right away you would risk the chance of it not being 100% perfect.

And I don't mean to say "Intelligent" as in a means to note you as being dumb or to insult you, I mean it as someone who is informed and knowledgeable of how the game industry works.

Go ahead and show me a list of PC video games that were 100% flawless at release date and never once required a patch or update...... find me 5..... no, find me 3..... hell if you can find me 1 popular PC game in the last decade that never required an update or patch to fix issues with it, then I will bow before you and say I'm wrong.

The reality is, is that this is how the gaming industry works..... and to suddenly expect TWI so somehow break away from this reality and pull magical stunts the bigger companies can't even do is foolish.

Go take a gander at CoDMW3 and BF3 when they get released and tell me just how perfect and flawless they turn out to be.

Chances are what happens in both those situations will not surprise me in the slightest.

Added:

All of you complaining and moaning over not getting a perfect product from the start and either demand a refund or some sort of compensation should do the same thing with all your Windows & Mac Operating Systems, your Adobe & AutoDesk programs, etc.... how often are those programs updated, patched and fixed?

How well was Windows Vista running for people when it was first released?

Computer Games & Programs are not the same as a pencil, a paper clip, a car, a football or any other type of tangible/physical product you buy in a retail store.

I hate to be rude, but come on people, get a clue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.