• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone want to contribute towards a community map?

Swift-Brutal-Death

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
The concept is fairly simple. Make a Killing Floor room that fits a specific size requirement. Include 1 trader and one zombie volume. Anything else goes. All rooms will then be joined together and compiled as one map. The room must fit the correct dimensions as shown in the picture, with the exception of the room's height. This way they can all be easily connected to one another with a weldable door at each connection point, (don't worry about making the connection doors, they will be added in for you).

There are no limits for what style of room you create. You can make it sci-fi, office, swampy, hellish, city block, ritual room. I'm not sure how custom textures/meshes/sounds will work to incorporate into this. Basically your map will be copy pasted into the main project, so if you have custom content as "mylevel" they may not transfer correctly into the main one. If we can find an easy solution for this they may be accepted later on.

Exploit free rooms are a must. No places for the player to be unreachable by the zeds and no places the zeds get stuck. Please utilize blocking volumes and do testing.

For your trader volume, door and teleports please label them "yournametradervolume" "yournametraderdoor" "yournameteleport". If they are labeled numerically they may interfere with other submissions labeling.

Hopefully with enough contributions we can have a community map with concepts out of the minds of many of the map makers out there. If you have wanted to get into mapping but haven't been sure how to get started this might be the time to try it.

Please feel free to share comments, concerns and questions.

Last edited:
I figured I'd post screenshots of my box.
Spoiler!

Almost done the structure. Lighting next, I think.

Upvote 0
Oh I like this! I'll do some sort of horror/dark room! :D
I got few questions:

- The Trader room would be inside the main room or could be inside the wall?
- Am I able to add more than 1 zombie volume? (if I wanted to)

EDIT: Also about custom Textures, SMs, and Sounds, I believe they would transfer just fine because the files from previous map stay in the next map's Mylevel

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So this is a kinda comparison to when I started the project and where I am now. I tried to position the camera at a similar point for each.

Before: 1
Spoiler!

After: 1
Spoiler!

Before: 2
Spoiler!

After: 2
Spoiler!

Here are some in game screenshots of the first build (it's now 8 versions behind, so quite a bit has changed...):
Spoiler!

I'm onto the 9th version that pretty much is just going to be tweaking some of the Karma actors on the map.

Upvote 0
Maybe i should too, cause as of right now, Skell is the only one doing anything, he might as well just make a new map instead if no one else contributes :p

Unfortunately, I actually was preparing for that. The map is currently stand alone because of the fact no one is making anything. I'll make a version that obeys the rules given, but the current map kinda pushes them... :p

Upvote 0
Here's V10
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz3itekq1t5v7i2/KF-CubicalChamberV10.rom

Some notes on the map:

• There's no blood for a reason. It's supposed to look abandoned. No bodies around for that same reason.
  • The companion cube on the pedestal at top trader is a Karma object, meaning it can move around. The items in the room by top trader are also Karma objects.
  • The 2 portals you see are, in fact, rendering their compliment's sides. You can also shoot through them using projectile weapons. (This isn't braindead's portal mod, all the textures and methods aren't from his mod). Here's a video demo of it:
Portal In Killing Floor? - YouTube
(this is when it was first integrated, the maps looks quite a bit different now)

• Lighting is on the darker side on purpose.
  • The map is difficult, I'm sorry if it's too much for you.

Upvote 0