• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone else think it's weird that the devs are nowhere to be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qweets

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
Anyone think it's weird that we haven't heard from the devs at all in days? Even though they said they were working through the holiday weekend and everything yet they haven't given us any information about what is going on or what to expect. There are many issues that still need answers like the crossfire issue they haven't updated us on that and many other things.

Last edited:
we are supposed to be helping them so the least they can do is come on and give us a little info about what is going on. I'm not complaining as I love the game but it's just strange that they have went silent all of a sudden when normally TWI is good at communicating things that are going on.

Upvote 0
They're spending minimal time on the forums because they have to work extra to get the game fixed as much as possible - exactly as said above.

I'm sure nearing/after release they'll get more involved in the community, and they'll notify us whenever beta patches are coming out. They just don't have time to answer everyone's question about this and that.

Upvote 0
Anyone think it's weird that we haven't heard from the devs at all in days? Even though they said they were working through the holiday weekend and everything yet they haven't given us any information about what is going on or what to expect. There are many issues that still need answers like the crossfire issue they haven't updated us on that and many other things.

I'd rather have them busy fixing the game, rather than replying on every issue all the people on the forums have with the game.

What would you like them to say?

They already said they are working on the Crossfire thing, and have reached out to ATI.

Do you need the assurance of them saying: '' we're still working on the crossfire thing '' every other day, just so you are sure they haven't forgotten it?

They have better uses with their time.

I mean, if the issue still exist after a couple of weeks after launch, and there hasn't been any word from TWI, sure, you could ask this question.

But complaining in a beta that devs aren't communicative enough is a bit silly, IMO, since they;re probably busy working on some of the things players have brought up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

This is more or less how crunch time goes. I understand you're a customer who paid for the game and expect (as you should) answers, but there's probably no remedy for it right now other than waiting.

---

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well like I was saying they said they would get back to us on matters like the crossfire issue and they haven't said a word about it. The fact that they aren't trying to do any damage control with all these doomsday naysayers saying the game is going to be totally broken upon release etc, and all the people crying about sway, you would think they would of had someone say something. I understand they are probably working their arses off don't get me wrong but there is always time to just make a short post letting us know what we should be testing etc.

Upvote 0
If they were here, posting everyday or updating their twitter every 30 minutes (A la Notch) then I'd be worried that maybe they weren't working on the game.

ah a fellow minecraft player I see /salute

I'm not wanting them to not work on the game but obviously there are members of their team that aren't coders like PR people and stuff that could relay messages for them. But I guess we aren't going to hear anything until the next patch is on its way or something.

Upvote 0
Don't dev's have community managers who's job it is to keep the public up to date with whats going on?

Codemasters have this and it works very well.

Codemasters is bullocks. They've lost all sense of direction with their games. None the less, obviously the devs are working on fixing stuff, so needlessly posting on the forums isn't really on their to do list.

Though I do agree, a community manager would be nice but then again, community manager's typically assume the position of elitist butthead.

Upvote 0
If you can't find our posts all over the forums (and steam forums), you aren't trying hard enough. Also can be found in IRC and steam Official Gaming Group chat.

Twitter and facebook also get updated often.

What we are doing is prioritizing the "hot ticket" items that people are reporting and sorting through the mini dumps to find the root causes of the crashes players and servers are seeing. When we feel we have something to add to the conversation we will.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.