• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ANY NEWS FROM 1C Event in Prague

http://www.miastogier.pl/zapowiedz,pc,841.html

Here You have first impressions (in polish) after prague event unfortunately written by a man who don't have a clue what kind of game he just played. To sum it up for You Guys, He wrote that he couldn't test the game properly because there were only 4 computers available to test multiplayer, so he had to play 2vs2 on huge map. At some point few Guys joined "from outside the event" to populate the map and they gave him hell. After some terrible death steak they decided to continue testing 2vs2 ;) He wrote that game has really good graphics and animations, also he wrote that it doesn't stand up from a crowd of other multiplayer shooters. He also wrote that game force You to be cautious but it's not a slow paced game (what?!). In the end he wrote that in his impression it's a decent game, but it doesn't have anything unique in it.

He was obviously wrong man, in a wrong place, in a wrong time ;)

I wonder if anybody coached him on the game. It's possible he didn't know how to use the 1st person cover system, tactical view, or notice the peripheral indicators.

In all likely hood, he didn't notice the things happening under the hood, like penetration, full ballistics, detailed damage model, etc.

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
I found a very short and personal preview to HoS on the German Eurogamer site: http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/20...-royal-quest-death-to-spies-3-vorschau?page=2

Basically, it's just a short personal view on HoS, delivering no new information about the game. In essence, the author simply states that HoS will be a game for "the hard guys of the hard guys of the hard guys", and that those people will be happy about it.

Upvote 0
http://www.gamezilla.pl/content/relacja-z-prague-n-play-2011?page=5

here is a short preview by some dump guy.

- He called HoS a sim game because he had to wait for a respawn couple minutes. Sooo Counter-Strike is an anti-terrorist simulator? :rolleyes:

- He also blame a game for huge recoil (he couldn't hit a a target while running with machine gun), so he is upset that he had to rest his weapon on a wall...What's more soldiers move too slow for him.

- At last he compares a RO 2 graphic to Battlefield 3 and claims that RO 2 looks "old" and game doesn't have a physics element. ORLY?

I hope people will stay open minded and compare games by self, not by reading such nonsenses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
http://www.gamezilla.pl/content/relacja-z-prague-n-play-2011?page=5http://www.gamezilla.pl/content/relacja-z-prague-n-play-2011?page=5

here is a short preview by some dump guy.

- He called HoS a sim game because he had to wait for a respawn couple minutes. Sooo Counter-Strike is an anti-terrorist simulator? :rolleyes:

- He also blame a game for huge recoil (he couldn't hit a a target while running with machine gun), so he is upset that he had to rest his weapon on a wall...What's more soldiers move too slow for him.

- At last he compares a RO 2 graphic to Battlefield 3 and claims that RO 2 looks "old" and game doesn't have a physics element. ORLY?

I hope people will stay open minded and compare games by self, not by reading such nonsenses.
I have a sudden urge to find that guy and kill him lol :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suddenly feel very sick. :(
Why do people not understand anything?
No physics? The game has a full ballistics system and destructible buildings! Sure it isn't top of the line, but its enough.

I want to be a game journalist just to put these people to shame.

He would know this if he asked the developer anything.
Also why wasn't countdown gamemode explained to him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suddenly feel very sick. :(
Why do people not understand anything?
No physics? The game has a full ballistics system and destructible buildings! Sure it isn't top of the line, but its enough.

I want to be a game journalist just to put these people to shame.

He would know this if he asked the developer anything.
Also why wasn't countdown gamemode explained to him?

What a lot of people count as physics, aren't ballistics, but things falling and interacting, like in Half Life 2 / Gary's Mod. They probably didn't see the limited destruction system. Maybe nobody with a tank was shooting buildings, or no arty was called.

A lot of these reporters may have had a language barrier with the other players. And they probably just jumped in without the "training" that may or may not be implemented in game yet.

Upvote 0
why would you want such people in ro2, mostly they get bored and start team killing

Gross generalization that needs to be drastically rethought. Seriously. People who get bored or frustrated easily should be helped and brought in, not shunned like you propose we do.

I'm starting to think people don't want RO2 to get any players at all.

Mormegil said:
What a lot of people count as physics, aren't ballistics, but things falling and interacting, like in Half Life 2 / Gary's Mod. They probably didn't see the limited destruction system. Maybe nobody with a tank was shooting buildings, or no arty was called.

A lot of these reporters may have had a language barrier with the other players. And they probably just jumped in without the "training" that may or may not be implemented in game yet.

HL2/Gary is normally what most would say "Physics system" are, objects that are weighted and this and that. While I consider physics systems as something that calculates interaction between one object an another (IE bullets bouncing or flying through an object depending on angle yada yada)

If they are going by the former, sure yeah, there isn't much of that. But I'd rather have the latter since I won't be walking around throwing objects with gravity guns, rather, I'll be shooting people.

Upvote 0
http://games.germanblogs.de/archive...-kampf-um-stalingrad-im-zweiten-weltkrieg.htm

German report, don't know if it refers to the 1C event though. He basically only says what we already know, and that the real highlight of the game is not the graphics, but the WW2 feeling, for example with having to bolt your rifle one shot after another.
But he said there is no singleplayer campaign, just bot offline training.

Upvote 0
3b9f4cf5-burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-monty-python-demotivational-poster-1223816026.jpg

I don't mind the beta testers, they are cool guys most of them if not all of them, and they all deserve to be there.
But it REALLY pissed me off that this retard got to play it before me. Unworthy! Unworthy!!! ><

Last edited:
Reactions: Ossius
Upvote 0
I don't mind the beta testers, they are cool guys most of them if not all of them, and they all deserve to be there.
But it REALLY pissed me off that this retard got to play it before me. Unworthy! Unworthy!!! ><

I've seen 3 articles that were:

1) Poorly researched, at least wiki the game before you write an article to get some background, and fact check things you don't know.

2) Poorly previewed, sure, there is a language gap, but you should try and ask anyone available about what it is that makes the game good. Going in and thinking its just another FPS and complaining about a few minute spawn time (in a mode that specifically is made for long spawn times) Just is awful journalism.

3) Heavy biased. Games shouldn't be compared to other games directly unless they are lacking features that have been implemented and work better in other games. Comparing Graphics to BF3, a game that is basically NEXT NEXT Generation graphics engine is unfair and again poor journalism. Games should be taken by their own merits.
Otherwise games like Dwarfs (to take TWI's own game) should be rated 2/10 because of poor 2D graphics. See what I mean?

Nothing tells me these journalists should have been able to play this game or many others. I want someone like Steve butts or one of the other great Journalists to get a hold of this game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0