• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ANY NEWS FROM 1C Event in Prague

How do some people even get to write about their opinion when they can't get a first impression right? Not really their fault they got hired though...

That pisses me off even more.

I'm unemployed, I'm almost 26, and I'm still struggling to find a decent job in the land of unemployment (30% unemployment rate), while those assholes are getting paid for playing games, go to conventions and write about it, and they can't even take it ****ing seriously. They are getting paid to do basically what I can do in a ****ing forum for free, which is giving their biased opinions without doing any actual research. I wonder if they were required to have the journalist career to get the job they got at all.

I mad.

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0

And with good reason.
I completely agree.

'I can't twitch-fire and quick-scope in this game, stupid'.
I hate it that people think only CoD gameplay is fun these days.
I personally don't care if a journalist thinks the game sucks, everybody has an opinion. However the arguments given by them suggests they have no idea what a game they have played and what the audience for the game was.

Only the CoD official quick-scope journalist can say these things and I would let him be.

Upvote 0
- He also blame a game for huge recoil (he couldn't hit a a target while running with machine gun), so he is upset that he had to rest his weapon on a wall...What's more soldiers move too slow for him.

Ah, one of the main things I love about RO; the recoil system. Especially after you've been playing long enough, it becomes possible to run and gun with sub-machine guns (to a limited extent, obviously). Also, didn't I read somewhere that recoil in Ostfront was slightly exaggerated and RO2 will be more realistic?

Upvote 0

Recently I found out that my best friend is also a friend with someone on a well known gaming site in Greece and also does some work on the radio about gaming. So I immidiately thought "Damn, here is my chance to really help RO2, I'm gonna bust his balls about it when I meet him".

Alas, when I met him I found out he is a console player with the full meaning of the word (phrase actually :p)... I didn't even bother mentioning RO when he didn't even know TF2 or how big the starcraft scene is...

But on the other hand I can't blame him, most of the questions he gets asked when on air are about Pro or Football Manager.

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
Recently I found out that my best friend is also a friend with someone on a well known gaming site in Greece and also does some work on the radio about gaming. So I immidiately thought "Damn, here is my chance to really help RO2, I'm gonna bust his balls about it when I meet him".

Alas, when I met him I found out he is a console player with the full meaning of the word (phrase actually :p)... I didn't even bother mentioning RO when he didn't even know TF2 or how big the starcraft scene is...

But on the other hand I can't blame him, most of the questions he gets asked when on air are about Pro or Football Manager.

I don't think that just being a "console player" is enough qualification to be a journalist, if you are working at something, you should know at the very least more than most gamers, cause he made it his profession, so he is supposed to be a ****ing professional, he is getting paid for a work that others can't do for themselves.

If I don't know how to repair my car, I take it to somebody who knows more than I do. Why would I take it to somebody who knows even LESS than I?

What generally passes as journalists today (specially on the gaming area) are just a bunch of lucky idiots whose opinion have about as much worth as any random forum post.

They have an excuse if they work in the news and in the papers, because they are working their assess off all day trying to cover all the news in every imaginable topic, so the amount of mistakes and lack of accuracy is excused (I know it cause I worked at TV), but there is absolutely no excuse for such lamentable articles in the "specialized" press. If I was his boss, I'd fire that guy right away (Wouldn't have hired him in the first place).

Right now my only sources of information in gaming are RPS and Total Biscuit, cause they seem to be the only ones to know what they talk about. And then two Spanish sites, but I use those just to follow general releases. (gotta love the direct and literal translations of the press releases there, they are completely hilarious sometimes :lol: ).

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
I don't think that just being a "console player" is enough qualification to be a journalist, if you are working at something, you should know at the very least more than most gamers, cause he made it his profession, so he is supposed to be a ****ing professional, he is getting paid for a work that others can't do for themselves.

If I don't know how to repair my car, I take it to somebody who knows more than I do. Why would I take it to somebody who knows even LESS than I?

What generally passes as journalists today (specially on the gaming area) are just a bunch of lucky idiots whose opinion have about as much worth as any random forum post.

They have an excuse if they work in the news and in the papers, because they are working their assess off all day trying to cover all the news in every imaginable topic, so the amount of mistakes and lack of accuracy is excused (I know it cause I worked at TV), but there is absolutely no excuse for such lamentable articles in the "specialized" press. If I was his boss, I'd fire that guy right away (Wouldn't have hired him in the first place).

Right now my only sources of information in gaming are RPS and Total Biscuit, cause they seem to be the only ones to know what they talk about. And then two Spanish sites, but I use those just to follow general releases. (gotta love the direct and literal translations of the press releases there, they are completely hilarious sometimes :lol: ).

Exactly the situation I have. I was subscribed to a game magazine called 'Power Unlimited', however the last few years they were just unbelievably inaccurate and unproffessional. One good example are hype games. Every hype game gets at least an 8 when reviewed, probably because they won't admit they are wrong right after launch. However 6 months later they suddenly say that game was just not that good...
Also just an example too stupid to withhold you. In a review about Medal of Honou they included a list of pros and cons, the following is just one stupid example in the list. "Con, The levels are not very well designed. Pro: The levels are basic, which increases the focus of the game on the battle mechanics". I mean come on!

Now this magazine is a tat extreme in it's unproffessionalism, but I mainly focus on user comments and nonproffesional reviewers nowadays (totalbiscuit is awesome) because they are actually stating what's wrong with the game or what could be a gamebreaker for some people.

With the reactions from journalists on RO2 at this event, I get the same feeling of unproffesionalism. I also hate the fact that a lot of people will actually listen to them:eek:

I apologize if it's too much venting:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well, "Meristation" the most popular Spanish gaming magazine made a review of the original Red Orchestra, one year after the game was released, and it was a literal translation of a review written in English by another magazine.

Everything (except 1p mode) that was listed as a "Con", had been fixed months before that review in updates.

Review

I'll translate for you:

Best:
The low required specs to play it decently.
The realism.
The gameplay.
The sound.

Worst:
Loading times.
Only 12 maps.
No music.
Lack of 1 player mode.

Make your own conclusions. The guy didn't even try the ****ing game!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0