• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another question, are you guys making a new game?

I think i speak for many people when i say i would be absolutely inconsolable if TW didn't make RO or a similar type of WWII shooter on the Unreal3 engine!!!

Crying%20baby%20boy_01.JPG

Upvote 0
Now dont go tying TW down to WW2 shooters, you dont know what they are developing and even if its not another WW2 shooter or anything like that its still probably going to be good. As a game developer myself i know its quite easy to get bored with a project and to be honest although UE3 could add some nifty new features thats all it would be really. The heart of the game would remain unchanged for the most part and it would be very minor upgrades in terms of gameplay for an entirely new game.

In my opinion i no longer see updating graphics as an acceptable reason to release a new game.

Upvote 0
They allready have me sold, with such a game as RO and all the support TW gives the RO community, I've allready bought ytheir next game. . . I just havent given them the money yet. . . or even let them finish it first. . . yea.

I just hope that when they stop their constant support of RO to move on to the next game, that its only the constant support they stop, cause I would still like to see a new map, new feature, or even just graphics updates every once in a while so that RO stays with the times and such.

Upvote 0
Can you please tell us theme of new shooter?

WWII
Sci-Fi
WWII/Sci-Fi
Modern Day
Modern Day/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Cyber-Punk/Collectable Card Game/Halo

Either way I know I will buy it because of the excellent support Tripwire has given RO. So far I have been able to get 11people to buy RO on my recommendation. And am always looking out for new hopefulls =)

PS. The_Cook is hoping for a Modern Day Tripwire shooter to finally give Rainbow Six some competition maybe even kill the title =) =) =)

Upvote 0
New game must be realistic Sci-fi, It would be revolutionary

No way to have realistic Sci-Fi

Only two genres that can have "realistic" are Historic, and Modern Day

once you start saying "future" "alteranate" "Sci-Fi" "Fantasy", the realm of realism kinda floats away in a blue mist and disapears from sight. Realism depends on being able to corroborate data with Real World Data.

Upvote 0
In my opinion i no longer see updating graphics as an acceptable reason to release a new game.

I agree!!!

Graphics at this point for FPS are good enough that I can deal with it. Gameplay, Gameplay, Gameplay, or Story, Story, Story. That's all it boils down to for me now adays.

Final Fantasy XII rocks cause it has it both
Bully
RO:O
Neverwinter Nights 2
Knights of the Old Republic 3 (when it comes out)
Medieval Total War 2

These are games that people should look at and learn from. all of them a fresh look at old tired genres.

Upvote 0
It's definitely a tough cookie. I don't think it'll be a modern combat game, as TW have always aimed to be different and individual. A realistically styled futuristic game'd be great, but thing is, they have Alan and being the team historian, there's not a lot of digging that can be done for a sci-fi environment. So! Probably something historic. It could be WW2, but again, in the interests of being different they may choose to focus on a different conflict, though what that could be I'm not sure. So long as it isn't the American civil war. I'd probably burst into tears at that.

Upvote 0
My hope against hope, is that this is a groundbreaking totally atypical shooter. Fingers crossed for the Boer or Russo-Japanese Wars! I doubt it would ever happen, but I can dream :). I can only guess what it will actually be, but a 'realistic' futuristic shooter is something I've always wanted to see (Killzone was a big let-down). Or maybe Russian invasion of Afghanistan? too much to hope for!

Upvote 0
If your making a console game i'll cry.

me too.
allthough i love RO so much and Tripwire for making and supporting it, and im sure the next game will be pure quality like RO, i wouldnt buy a sci-fi themed game i guess... that's just not me, i cant stand sci-fi :)

OH, now im gonna be original: a first person rts game ( kinda like savage but with no overviewing comm ) in a prehistoric setting, maybe twist the timetable of different humanoid subspecies, like neanderthals or cro-magnon, or heidelbergensis or whatever :) ) and have them compete ^^
now that would turn some heads!
maybe you could start with simple spears ( asagai ), then research spear throwers and later on maybe bow and arrow.
you'd have to hunt for food, or just gather it from nature, find a good campsite, and compete over hunting ground with other tribes ( same subspecies, other humanoid subspecies ) or maybe no enemies at all and you just have to work together to survive.
climates could be ice ages, barren grounds, thick forests etc.

NO DINOSAURS THOUGH ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0