• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Americas Army killer mod

I'm supprised no one has mentioned anything about ARMA combat operations/ armed assault. It's a great game (if your computer is really fast and aside from iron sight zoom) and there are a lot of modders working stuff on it, perhaps someone interested in modding from RO could contact some of these modders and get ideas and stuff.

I am by no means trying to play down anyone's ability here, just adding in another option.

Upvote 0
I personally don't mind what time or setting the game is in. I play RO because of the game mechanics mainly. I would pay $20 for a caveman release from TWI if it had RO's mechanics. I would even pay $30 if i could call in boulder strikes lol.

There is a modern warfare mod for Half-Life2 that plays like RO but it's been over run by CSS players who are adding server mods that make it back into CSS. it's a realy sad thing if you ask me.

I would love a modern warfare mod. but please don't baise it on real life battles. Or Russia vs US crap. Make it a close to real life war, but not so close that it makes people have resentment for the other side IE we have way too many players who call the German/Russian teams by their bad nicknames but I won't list them here.

If we have a enemy like say the MEC from BF2 it would be less easy for people to have bad feelings twords them as they are totaly made up and are not real.

Upvote 0
I was thinking maybe once work on DH is no longer needed I would start my own mod maybe some others would join, not real sure on content either but kinda post-war but not too modern, type of weapons....

M16A1, SLR, AKM.
T-55, T-62, Centurion Chieftain, M48, M60.

How does that combo sound or were you guys thinking more Iraq style?

Upvote 0