• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Americas Army killer mod

EL Swine

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2006
Hi guys.

This might have been brought up before?
Anyway. I was until I found RO an avid fan of AA, but the last patch was a curse.

Tripwire has done magic with the unreal engine compaird to the multi Million $$ sponsored US army development team.

I love RO so much more than AA and I'm sertain that most AA players would Love to play a modern type of FPS under the wings of RO.
There are no modding going on in AA right now, altough they've said they will support it in the future, but most if not all of this new user created content must be aproved by the Army developers.
I was thinking that, a modern type of warfare mod could help to attract players from the AA community, witch is, I think, second only to CS in size.

RO is basicaly an AA player's wet dream come true.
So why not give it a shot and see if we perhaps in the prosses of it can help Tripwire to attract some new customers.
It would of coerce in any case be a fun mod for this community too.

I love soldier sims, its not important to me what year it represents, allthough I do preffer the slow phase the old rifles and tanks.
By the time we are finsihed with a mod like this, many other RO player would probably like to try something new and "modern" for a change.

I can do all the sound modding for this mod.

Give it some tought :cool:

Not sure there are the resources do something like this within the community atm, there are already like 4 mods going on, with like 1 animator rofl.

I think this would be cool as well, but to do it you would need to bring some people on aboard outside the community.

I don't think this would be as hard as it seems because the Unreal SDK is fairly well known, and that's basically the RO SDK. So if you can find people in AA community and convert them to RO to help you out on this you could get it going :D.

But remember this would be a lot harder in scope than the mods going on atm, because you would have to build two sides that are totally different, and can't really bum off the german/russian equipment that already exists.

Upvote 0
i liked AA also before i knew RO, but toward the end when i stopped playing it, it got real *****y with that stupid punkbuster crap, if you stopped playing for 2 weeks, you knew that you would go through hell to get the game to work again.

you got major hackers, and teamkillers running around in that game... not sure if i want them here also

Upvote 0
Hi guys.

This might have been brought up before?
Anyway. I was until I found RO an avid fan of AA, but the last patch was a curse.

Tripwire has done magic with the unreal engine compaird to the multi Million $$ sponsored US army development team.

I love RO so much more than AA and I'm sertain that most AA players would Love to play a modern type of FPS under the wings of RO.
There are no modding going on in AA right now, altough they've said they will support it in the future, but most if not all of this new user created content must be aproved by the Army developers.
I was thinking that, a modern type of warfare mod could help to attract players from the AA community, witch is, I think, second only to CS in size.

RO is basicaly an AA player's wet dream come true.
So why not give it a shot and see if we perhaps in the prosses of it can help Tripwire to attract some new customers.
It would of coerce in any case be a fun mod for this community too.

I love soldier sims, its not important to me what year it represents, allthough I do preffer the slow phase the old rifles and tanks.
By the time we are finsihed with a mod like this, many other RO player would probably like to try something new and "modern" for a change.

I can do all the sound modding for this mod.

Give it some tought :cool:

I think you should take a look at Project Reality for BF2 instead - it's soo cool and you see a lot of teamwork on most of the servers:

http://www.realitymod.com/

Upvote 0
I really dont see that an RO mod set in modern times would work when you have other excellent realistic shooters like ArmA and AA to choose from.

The mods currently being made for RO are in WW2 because we know the people who enjoy RO will most definately enjoy the same gameplay but with different theatres of war, weapons, armies etc. So its an easier sell...

Also I agree with Makhno the project reality mod for BF2 is very nice, its just a shame EA dont support these mod teams by allowing them to be ranked like their own servers, if they did - the mod teams and mappers would get much more publicity

Upvote 0
The argument that a modern type of mod for RO is to no use, since there are already other good games in the same genre, is not valid, if it was then we wouldn't have RO would we.

AA is good but not very mod friendly, it’s also very much one sided so to say.
ArmA is not so great any more, but I’m sure it will be better with time.
BF2 is impressive, I watched a few clips of the Project reality mod, and it really looks great.

It’s easier for us to make something that "looks" like AA than anything that resembles BF2 & ArmA.

What are AA players complaining about the most? AI and laughable vehicle physics.
Well Ramm might not be as smart as his real counterpart either, but he’s a rocket scientist compared to the imbeciles they call AI in Americas Army.

AA got 8million members and its using the same engine as RO but RO does it better where it matters the most, so think about it.

I personally think that RO is an Americas Army player's wet dream come true.
Maybe not for all but am sure it would be for quite many.

I was thinking a mod with a 70s 80s early 90s theme, infantry with tank and artillery support.
Why not try to make a “Bridge Crossing” look alike. Just an idea ;-)

I'll make the bullets CRACK and not swiiiish by your head :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0