• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Already stopped playing?

Already stopped playing?

• Yes, I play errday!

Votes: 146 54.1%
  • Sometimes, not as much as I'd like to

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • No, This game needs a patch, and I will wait.

Votes: 65 24.1%
  • No, I'll probably get a refund it is so broken.

Votes: 16 5.9%

• Total voters
Yes, I'm sure you are an expert on computers and everyone who has performance issues are simply idiots.

The man took Comp. Sci. 3, obviously he knows what he's on about. :IS2:

I'd be pissed too if the game wasn't running well for me, but these forums are an echo chamber of complaints. Most of the people playing this game are playing it without issue but are just not participating in this forum. The performance issues seem to be blown out of proportion. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Indeed.

Indeed.

Yeah, I don't play anymore too. Don't care about the many idiots in this forum, many newfags who think if they post crap like "umad" or other overused meme-stuff they are hard /b/-tards. Newfags :mad:

In my opinion tripwire should have delayed it for about 3 weeks or something. Maybe give the player another TF2-Hat item or maybe grant the Players a voting about a special map that will be build later as compensation.

I hope the Tripwire-Boss now understood it and lights his personnel some fire under the butt and they gonna make a patch soon.

Such disasters should only happen once and never again in such a big company.

Upvote 0
I am no expert but I know what I am doing when it come to PC I wouldn't be surprise if half or more people trying to run this game are PC illiterate
No sir, of course you are the expert. Us PC illiterate plebeians wouldn't dare question your judgement.
Well, the funny problem we seem to run into is that lower end systems actually run the game better than the high end systems. I know for a fact that SLI is ****ed at the moment, and almost everyone having severe performance issues is running a super high end rig.

I'm running a pretty piddly little rig and I get a pretty steady FPS. Admittedly, all my stuff is on low with all the graphical prettiness turned way down, but that's par for the course for me.

I do think that a lot of the problems come from people trying to run it on ultra and being upset that their performance is ****ed, when TWI has SAID that Ultra is a performance killer multiple times, but I would never dream of putting my settings that high, so far be it from me to judge.
I think a lot of it is due to how the game looks:how the game performs. You could argue all day about if the game looks good or not and whether technical graphics beat art style etcetcetc, but when you get down to it RO2 on Ultra (or high) does not look like a game a modern high end setup can't run. People with 2500k's, OC'd 955's, AMD HD69xx cards and so forth are having issues, and they really shouldn't. Some even have issues with shadows set to lower, AA to lowest and whatnot. Neither of which should be necessary.

My theory is that there were so many huge issues that popped up during beta very close to release that proper time couldn't be devoted to surgical optimization. Quite confident patches will make the game run more than well eventually.

Upvote 0
The man took Comp. Sci. 3, obviously he knows what he's on about. :IS2:

I'd be pissed too if the game wasn't running well for me, but these forums are an echo chamber of complaints. Most of the people playing this game are playing it without issue but are just not participating in this forum. The performance issues seem to be blown out of proportion. :rolleyes:

They are hardly blown out of preportion if people with high-end rigs, or even medium-end, can't get the performance they should, that there are still a considerable number of bugs and so on. It isn't that I'm *****ing, but to say that is it blown out of preportion is nonsense. There are issues, some large, some trivial. The game runs well enough for me to enjoy it, but that isn't the case for a significant number of people, some of which have even better computers than I do.

It is a shame that it came down to the choice between another delay, or releaseing a product that might bite them in the ***. I love the game, and plan on playing it for a long time to come, but a lot of people (reviewers included) are not as forgiving/undestanding as I am.

Upvote 0
I think someone from TWI mentioned taking a break after release a couple months ago

But he may have been kidding or plans have changed

Dude. They've put years of work into this game. Do you think they are all just headed to a beach somewhere before these issues are worked through for the players? Some people here (not you, but some here) seem to have no understanding about TWI and what kind of company they are.. They act like this is a division of EA or something just waiting for the paycheck to roll in.

They will fix the gameplay issues, or expire at their computers trying!

Upvote 0
They are hardly blown out of preportion if people with high-end rigs, or even medium-end, can't get the performance they should, that there are still a considerable number of bugs and so on. It isn't that I'm *****ing, but to say that is it blown out of preportion is nonsense. There are issues, some large, some trivial. The game runs well enough for me to enjoy it, but that isn't the case for a significant number of people, some of which have even better computers than I do.

It is a shame that it came down to the choice between another delay, or releaseing a product that might bite them in the ***. I love the game, and plan on playing it for a long time to come, but a lot of people (reviewers included) are not as forgiving/undestanding as I am.

I've been playing this game with a core of about 25 people right through beta.

Only 1 has been experiencing these performance issues that, if you only read these forums, you would think are extremely widespread.

I sympathize with people who, right now, can't play the game. I'm just tired of moaning about the game being rushed, or being the buggiest pile of dogsh*t they've ever seen, when (and I admit I can't back this up with anything but my own personal observations) most of us are running without issue. :)

And if TWI wanted to make a game only to appeal to the games media, they should have shutdown their company and applied for jobs at Activision-Blizzard. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I've been playing this game with a core of about 25 people right through beta.

Only 1 has been experiencing these performance issues that, if you only read these forums, you would think are extremely widespread.

I sympathize with people who, right now, can't play the game. I'm just tired of moaning about the game being rushed, or being the buggiest pile of dogsh*t they've ever seen, when (and I admit I can't back this up with anything but my own personal observations) most of us are running without issue. :)

And if TWI wanted to make a game only to appeal to the games media, they should have shutdown their company and applied for jobs at Activision-Blizzard. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong the complaining is annoying, even with all the stickied threads in the Support Page, I just wanted to say that I don't agree with it being blown out of preportion. I also shouldve been more clear about what I was trying to communicate. It isn't that the game is unplayable for everyone, but a large enough group of people to give the game a bad name. That is all I was trying to convey.

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong the complaining is annoying, even with all the stickied threads in the Support Page, I just wanted to say that I don't agree with it being blown out of preportion. I also shouldve been more clear about what I was trying to communicate. It isn't that the game is unplayable for everyone, but a large enough group of people to give the game a bad name. That is all I was trying to convey.

Ah, I may have misunderstood.

To be fair, as it's been mentioned a number of times, every game gets this kind of treatment. There's always bugs, always people who have hardware conflicts with the game, and always whiners. I think most of the games media does a good job of ignoring those complaints; but at the same time I'm sure we'll find one or two "good" reviews like the infamous G4 review of RO:OST. :D

I'm sure that the devs have barely taken time to nap since release. I'm posting so much in here today just because I'm waiting for a "Patch Released!" announcement so I can update our server A.S.A.P.

Upvote 0
I'm totally understanding of those issues, I've participated in enough betas to know this isn't unusual. It is only that I love the game so much, that I'm concerned that the reception won't be very warm amongst more critical people who have unrealistic expectations. It isn't so much that these issues bother me, I just want for TW sake, and the community's sake that the game does as well as possible.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0