• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Addition of the Commisar Class

Or better yet... each player gets assigned as "Deserter" or "Fanatic", but only he knows. No-one knows who else is trying to desert. The "Deserters" have to try and sneak off to "Objective" locations where they can either surrender or catch a ride home, while the "Fanatics" have to try and figure out who will desert - and stop them :)

Upvote 0
I think the best implimentation of a political officer (for both sides) is an Avatar that could be used by server admins only to deal with abusive players.

He simply spawns as a political officer and shoots the offending player with his pistol, thus kicking them from the game. Perhaps a pistol whip could = ban.He would be immune to all damage.

IMHO, this avatar would REALLY put the fear into abusive players... Not to mention it would give the Server Admins a bit of fun while dealing with a normally tedious task... :D

Upvote 0
I think the best implimentation of a political officer (for both sides) is an Avatar that could be used by server admins only to deal with abusive players.

He simply spawns as a political officer and shoots the offending player with his pistol, thus kicking them from the game. Perhaps a pistol whip could = ban.He would be immune to all damage.

IMHO, this avatar would REALLY put the fear into abusive players... Not to mention it would give the Server Admins a bit of fun while dealing with a normally tedious task... :D

That's a brilliant idea! Hahahaha!

Upvote 0

Brilliant, just brilliant. But it could be abused by nasty server admins. Perhaps it could be made so that the admin is immune to damage for 1 - 2 minutes only, and only if he's in server admin mode.

Upvote 0
Brilliant, just brilliant. But it could be abused by nasty server admins. Perhaps it could be made so that the admin is immune to damage for 1 - 2 minutes only, and only if he's in server admin mode.

Shouldn't be a problem if the only effect of the admin attacking someone whilst political officer is for them to be kicked -- they're not gonna kick everyone off the server. Also make it so that they can't do stuff like cap whilst in that situation.

Maybe implement it so that one automatically respawns as a political officer when one logs in as an admin, and respawns as normal when logging out.

Upvote 0
How about the Germans also get a goose-stepper class? Fire button to goose-step and be a Nazi, alt-fire to build a concentration camp.
Seriously, this suggestion is just a tad offensive, even as a joke, and I'm really shocked at the response to this from the development team, of all people, which is in violation of their OWN forum policy!

Upvote 0
Seriously, this suggestion is just a tad offensive, even as a joke, and I'm really shocked at the response to this from the development team, of all people, which is in violation of their OWN forum policy!

What exactly is offensive about the Commisar idea? Both political commisars and blocking troops really existed.
I think the idea of server admins appearing as commisars to kick people is great.

Upvote 0

LOL!!! That'd be funny. "Oh **** here comes the Commisar!" * RO-player has been sent to Gulag/kick*

Upvote 0
What exactly is offensive about the Commisar idea? Both political commisars and blocking troops really existed.
I think the idea of server admins appearing as commisars to kick people is great.
I'm not going to try to have a discussion about the role of blocking troops, who used them, where, why, etc., because that's really a pointless argument here.
It's not any less offensive than "capture the jew" game-mode for the Germans. A crime is a crime, there is no way in hell it should be condoned in a game like this.

Upvote 0
I suggest we simulate real Ostfront conditions by adding the Commisar class to the Soviet side on infantry maps. This unit would simulate the "blocking troops" employed by the NKVD to improve motivation and prevent disgraceful retreat in the face of the fascist beasts.

The Political Commisar would get points for team kills! He should be armed with a TT33 and a megaphone, and have the ability to blurt out communist slogans integrated in the chat menu.

Just think how helpful it would be on maps where the riflemen tend to hang back and snipe from cover instead of advancing suicidally in patriotic Soviet fashion to have a Commisar blasting pistol rounds at them from behind.

If to you will have to play for the commisar, it will be very boring. All time to be hidden in rear and to write papers.
Besides , your boss you will constantly **** , also torture you long speeches.
People that at you in to be heads?:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0