• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC 9MM can't be accessed by weapon swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I’m seeing on reddit and a this forum are a small number of VERY vocal members copy-paste throwing a tizzy about this every chance they get in order to up the drama. (Often getting downvoted.) You keep on yelling “rESpeCT mY OpInion”, and we do: We agree you should have the choice to revert if you’d like. Now you can also respect ours. Many of us have been waiting for this!

Controller bindings have always been sub-optimal. Chill. It’s just a game. A rather fun one (which is why you’re so passionate). Tripwire did this change because they care. Be patient; I’m sure they care about you too, and it’s not unreasonable to think that they’ll cater to both.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why users are hating this change in the game when tripwire really meant good when they implemented it
Plus, Not being able to use the 9mm at the first waves is not an issue compared to switching to it when playing at wave 7 and there's a Fleshpound infront of you that you want to kill.. you click and grab the 9mm! .. it's good they removed it
I would suggest one thing for TW to satisfy all players which is to enable the last weapon feature for users.. ever since I've used it it made everything much easier (PC)

Reactions: TheWaywardKid
Upvote 0
" I don't understand why users are hating this change in the game when tripwire really meant good when they implemented it"

omg.. I can't stop laughing when I read such comments.

I and WE explained everything and you still defend TWI... Hello TWI, are you posting in threads as users ? lmao

Read this again and try to argue with common sense next time

your gameplay experience ruined any day now

TWI decided to destroy the game for controller users

they destroyed the game for controller users! they suddenly decided to change how the switch weapon mechanic works: It's now totally broken and unplayable it's super slow to get your 9mm now: Now, it's a nightmare if you want to switch to your 9mm. You need to hold Y + DPADright!. (Y for PC users with xbox controllers, for xbox one users and Y for playstation users). IMAGINE being able to move and get your 9mm fast? Like before actually Does someone just tried this ? it seems no. 📷 It was perfect before, why they changed this ? Please revert back the old weapon switch mechanic.

PC, Xbox one, and PS4 users are complaining about this horrible changes:.

See here to see more details (and the reddit link given in this steam discussion too): https://steamcommunity.com/app/232090/discussions/0/2930112548420284598/

A company that can't analyze well the market

If TWI made things well, we shouldn't had to complain: that is not normal.

Now, they argue : people were asking for this. (and this argument is non valid and anyway even if 20% **might have** liked the old weapon switch mechanic (MIGHT), they should have made an option).

About those "Heavy" feedbacks - a user talking to TWI : Currently what are your ways of collecting relevant issues and how do you prioritize them? Who are you collecting info from and how? Looking at it from outside you are disconnected with your player base, you claim some were made because it was top community features (like the toggle sprint, never heard anyone, never read anyone asking for such 'top community feature' as an example)... instead of fixing real issues.. (like the incorrect number of people playing on a server and the ghost players on servers..)

A company which lies and constantly find itself excuses

This sentence below is common sense but TWI argue with its HEAVY lie: If vast majority of people don't have issue with a system, they will not look for a hidden thread on the developer forum asking to modify the system, hence why nobody chimed in to discuss something they had no issue with in the first place

So because of braindead updates and decisions, we have to be beta testers for free, writing things on forums... while TWI could have add an option to choose between those two weapon switch methods. And If it was a company we can trust in, they should have working on implementing this option so you don't remove the old weapon switch mechanic.

The good way should have been to stay with the old method and CHANGE NOTHING as long as TWI is not able to implement such options....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just because we have a different opinion than you doesn't mean we aren't using logic or are secretly TWI agents in disguise. It simply means that we have a difference of opinion. People have been asking them to do something with the 9mm for YEARS (and the forum has changed and lost some threads since then). Here are some of the non-wiped threads I could quickly and easily find (including one by someone JUST as mad as you that a change HADN'T been implemented), because I'm not going to spend more effort on this discussion than that given your highly emotional state:

UNBELIEVABLE PS4 STILL FORCES 9MM ON ROTATION!!!!

QoL - 9mm, knives, and us Console/Controller players

9mm default pistol

9mm Redux

Note that these are even just from this forum, and do not include those on Steam, Reddit, etc! (ALSO note: One of these is even from 8 years ago.)

Thing is, you do have a point: This should've been an option. But staying calm and being respectful is going to be the best way for you to see the change you want. Spamming forums with the same wall-o'-text and toxicity is just going to eventually get you ignored, or even get corrective action taken on you by the forum moderators.

Upvote 0
" I don't understand why users are hating this change in the game when tripwire really meant good when they implemented it"

and yes omg.. I can't stop laughing when I read such comments. It's not like if I never argued about that in many posts.... Staying calm against such fanboy opinion? Never.

You are using logic, you sure ? I was responding to this sentence. Yours guys continue to answer to me and defends company who suddenly decides to ERASE A CONTROLLER CONFIGURATION.

And you compare people who are not happy because of a change that HADN'T been implemented VerSUS erase a controller configuration that already exists, which is totally different. Staying calm about such a direspectful change ? Never.

toxicity ? I put facts on the table with a clear argumentation. Sorry again, then.

Therefore, I don't answer to fanboys anymore who continue to put their "Heavy lying feedback" on the table: I totally destroyed this argumentation, with all my posts.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

and yes omg.. I can't stop laughing when I read such comments. It's not like if I never argued about that in many posts....

You are using logic, you sure ? I was responding to this sentence. Yours guys continue to answer to me and defends company who suddenly decides to ERASE A CONTROLLER CONFIGURATION.

And you compare people who are not happy because of a change that HADN'T been implemented VerSUS erase a controller configuration that already exists, which is totally different.

toxicity ? I put facts on the table with a clear argumentation. Sorry again, then.

Therefore, I don't answer to fanboys anymore who continue to put their "Heavy lying feedback" on the table: I totally destroyed this argumentation, with all my posts.

Thank you.
Dude, you don’t have all the information that TW has. I’m not saying your wrong. The way TW implemented this was bad.

The posts you provided are just to prove your point, they’re biased. You’re not looking at the whole picture. I agree with your first comment but that’s all

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, they didn't erase a controller configuration. and please check this:
For anyone who wants to somehow fix this on PC, maybe try this:
Open Documents\KillingFloor2\Kfgame\KFinput.ini and scroll to line #543 and set this value to true.
This would make the Triangle (Y) Button on the gamepad switch to the last used weapon.
This was very helpful for me on PC.
1601848657078.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.