• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC 9MM can't be accessed by weapon swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesmashh

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 29, 2020
im not sure if this is a glitch or a feature, while using the 9MM with any class and any map with the Xbox controller Y button it only registers your class primary fire weapon unless it runs out of bullets, only way to access the 9MM is by holding it and selecting it.

TWI decided to destroy the game for controller users

they destroyed the game for controller users! they suddenly decided to change how the switch weapon mechanic works: It's now totally broken and unplayable it's super slow to get your 9mm now: Now, it's a nightmare if you want to switch to your 9mm. You need to hold Y + DPADright!. (Y for PC users with xbox controllers, for xbox one users and Y for playstation users). IMAGINE being able to move and get your 9mm fast? Like before actually Does someone just tried this ? it seems no. 📷 It was perfect before, why they changed this ? Please revert back the old weapon switch mechanic. PC, Xbox one, and PS4 users are complaining about this horrible changes:.

See here to see more details (and the reddit link given in this steam sicussion too): https://steamcommunity.com/app/232090/discussions/0/2930112548420284598/

RÉPONDRE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can we have some words from Tripwire to know when we will get a roll back (or at least the option to choose the same weapon switch mechanic that was in place before this update) ?

Would you mind giving your long term fans some consideration please ?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.
:health:

Upvote 0
So because of braindead updates and decisions, we have to be beta testers for free, writing things on forums... while you could have add an option to choose between those two weapon switch methods. And If you were a company we can trust in, you should have working on implementing this option so you don't remove the old weapon switch mechanic.

The good way should have been to stay with the old method and CHANGE NOTHING as long as you are not able to implement such options....

So, again, Revert this and work on implementing options and if you can't don't make any change!

Upvote 0
this is so messed up, some people rely on the 9mm for last minute quick headshots or shooting the legs off a rioter, gorefiend, and to pop the bloats head off without using the primary weapon.

You should not have changed it, instead like someone said. implement an option to have the 9mm hostered in the D-Pad, its very easy since you already changed the walk/run button and implemented the option there.

You guys are making a great game but don`t fck it up by doing it this way, TW is smarter than this.

Upvote 0
This is what happens when a few people complain again and again because they can not press twice on a button when every body else can, and learned to do it this way. Now deal with it you got what you wanted.

LOL
A few people doesn’t equal heavy feedback!!
You claim you can only have three weapons, by pressing the button twice to fix it. I can use 5+ weapons on survivalist if I wanted to. Prove me wrong

Upvote 0
"suddenly decided to change something...." Where were you people when others came in and demanded a change to how 9mm can be equipped on controller?
There was almost a year worth of window to come in, defend the way you prefer equipping the 9mm and then maybe keep it as it was, instead of dealing with the change.

Upvote 0
Do I think how this change was handled is perfect? Not really. But I still prefer things now than when the 9mm was forced upon us. (Although I think neither "solution" is good.) Honestly I think controllers deserve a better control scheme or, in lieu of that, a toggle in the menu to accommodate both kinds of players. My friends and I have been eagerly awaiting this change, although I agree that the "hold Y + dpad" approach is too cumbersome for when you want it. (The knife being added to the rotation could also be a toggle, for parrying purposes.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May I suggest having a tap vs hold functionality? (Tap swaps and hold for 9mm).

It's ironic that I like it not being in the rotation but on the occasions I do wish to use it the movement speed reduction can be problematic.

I am totally ok with the change standing but thought would propose a compromise for those who seem a bit too upset about it

Reactions: TheWaywardKid
Upvote 0
Just my two cents but maybe if you want to consider something an issue, maybe actually ask the players, with a QUICK in game survey, something that can not be tricked like google forms, and something everyone actually playing can see and interact with directly, a hidden link to a google form somewhere on Steam forums and randomly in a small box in main menu where other irrelevant info are displayed is not a good way of doing it..

Currently what are your ways of collecting relevant issues and how do you prioritize them? Who are you collecting info from and how? Looking at it from outside you are disconnected with your player base, you claim some changes have been made because it was top community features (like the toggle sprint, never heard anyone, never read anyone asking for such 'top community feature' as an example.. and when we know you spent time on that 'top community feature' instead of fixing real issues, I'm not gonna lie that doesn't make me less bitter about that)

Upvote 0
  • Haha
Reactions: TheWaywardKid
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.