• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

List of Quality of Life Changes Proposed for End-of-Life

Per the most recent Tripwire Community Report, Rising Storm 2 is set to still be getting more QoL passes. Alan mentioned to post on the forums any suggestions in mind, but keeping in mind mainly simple code changes are what Tripwire will be looking at. With this in mind I have compiled a list...
  2. B

In September's 2019 State of the Game Update, the QoL update was said to arrive "in the coming weeks"

"As you are most likely aware, Antimatter Games, who did the majority of development work on Rising Storm 2: Vietnam have been acquired by Toadman and announced they are working exclusively on a new title of their own. As such, they are no longer actively developing RS 2. While we work on the...
  3. B

Can the Tripwire official servers be shut down, or some at least so community servers can stand out more

Would it be possible for the Tripwire official servers to be shut down, or some at least so community servers can stand out more? This happened quite a long time ago at one point and that very reason was given for why they were shut down. Couple reasons they dont add value to RS2 currently: 1)...
  4. B

List of bugs active as of 1.4.2

Bug: If a Squad leader places a fire support mark then at any point opens the kit selection screen, that marker will not give the Squad leader fire support assist points when commander uses their marker. Reproduction: 100% reproduceable. Place mark, open kit screen, commander use your mark, 0...
  5. B

Does RS2 have a future? Is there a roadmap on the way?

Are there plans for any kind of roadmap or update to RS2? Obviously, RS2 is nearing the end of its development cycle, but surely there must be more still coming down the pipe? There was talk of M113's, placeable ammo points, the MG34 is even in the game modelled but not yet imlemented. There...
  6. B

Commander-called Anti Air Cooldown Timer

It seems with 1.4 that all stock maps have a 180s standardized cooldown for anti air, I have noticed this greatly nerfs flying, and previously many maps had more than a 180s cooldown on AA call-ins. Is this change intentional? There was no mention in the patch notes
  7. B

List of bugs that have been introduced with 1.4

List of bugs that have been introduced with the release of patch 1.4, these are all bugs that did not exist before patch 1.3: Tunnel Icon Bug: for squad tunnels, squad members do not see the tunnel icon on the map, it only says "T1" or "T5", theres no tunnel icon. Squad leaders can still see...
  8. B

Quality of Life Improvements

howdy, ive been playing rs2 since launch and recently I have been brainstorming potential QoL changes that could improve game health with just small actions. Bushranger spawn is only activated while it is landed/at base Rationale: although the spawn is labelled "gunship", many times while...
  9. B

Plans to balance Saigon?

A is next to impossible to capture on this map, and the majority of players would share this sentiment. Was wondering, are there plans to balance this map for 1.4? This map is incredibly frustrating to attack A on and more often than not ends in lockdown on A
  10. B

Resort even harder to attack after 1.3?

With 1.3 there was added a huge amount of rock cover to the beach on A on Resort. However, defending teams that rush the beach can use this cover and hide behind it for the duration of the game. It actually makes it harder to capture the beach, from what I have seen, as there as so many places...
  11. B

MAS49 GL Kill Icon

Are there plans to add a unique kill icon for the rifle grenade? currently, the kill icon shows the same as an MAS49 rifle kill
  12. B

Role Kick and Vote Kick Exploitable with 1.3 bug

With 1.3, it appears the calculation for threshold required for these votes to pass is bugged. On a server with 32 people, it only takes 11 yes votes for either type of vote to pass. With how many people press F1 once the message comes up (lots do this because all the prompted messages have...
  13. B

Please Whitelist the Classic Mutator and More Damage Mutators

Patch 1.3 has been a great success so far. There has been many quality-of-life updates and balancing changes that have made the game feel much more fresh! However, with patch 1.3's release, it un-whitelisted two mutator's that many community members have come to know as a staple of their RS2...
  14. B

Balancing Issues on Several Maps

Hill 937: Problem: When the last objective is in play (E) the North almost always are not able to hold this objective. It should be difficult as it is the final objective, but it is the easiest on the map. The helicopters are able to completely cut the spawn off of the north and spawn camp...
  15. B

Server-side option to customize map layouts for non-campaign

Howdy. I have long been a believer that even the smallest of quality of life changes or tweaks can do great things in terms of making the game more enjoyable, accessible, and replayable. What I propose is the ability for server operators to be able to select distinct set-ups for maps that...
  16. B

Combat zones are broken and exploitable

There is something VERY VERY wrong with combat zones in this game. It's getting very irritating. On every territories map I've seen cases of Vietnamese camping a spawn point from BEHIND the spawn. For example: I was playing as US on Hue City and we were about 10 minutes into the stage where we...