• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

...that I think many of the hardcore community will enjoy...

Most of us have been privy to 1035 and 1036. I've read a lot of steam forum feedback, a lot of reddit feedback, and talked to a reasonable proportion of people on my list that I primarily added from playing KF2 together on Suicidal and HoE difficulty. So I'm interested to know, playerbase - are...
  2. S

Tactics Hillside since the preview

I'm interested in knowing if any other players are soloing Hillside on HoE as any perk, letalone as a Sharpshooter since the preview update. Any takers?
  3. S

The proposed Berserker: tank, DPS or a hybrid?

The sentiment expressed here seems to be that the skills represent either being a tank or being a DPS dealer. I have a couple of points to make here: Level 5 Dreadnaught Level 10 Butcher Level 15 Resistance Level 20 Smash Level 25 Spartan I'm now basically a tank that deals almost the highest...
  4. S

A divergence of priority

A common theme I've noticed throughout early access is the way in which developers and community interact with each other, and where the priorities of each lie. Let's assume for the most part [and there's exceptions, granted] that the overall intent of the community that posts on these forums...
  5. S

Pre-and-post 15-4 live update movespeeds

This is some very crafty wording here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKSBybgJpXQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB6PEgEDhyo They never reverted the baseline changes to zed movespeed back to pre-Game Conductor times - they've kept the baseline speed increase they had, but simply not further...
  6. S

Survivability factors

I've read back on a few posts regarding the Berserker, Medic and Gunslinger and their movespeed boosts - many opinions have been expressed to the effect that movespeed is the critical factor in their survivability. Giving this some thought, I'm inclined to disagree to an extent, and here's why...
  7. S

Any further information on this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/4eoosy/psa_shuu_is_no_longer_with_tripwire_interactive/ He always came across as a person willing to communicate with the community, stepped in to help fix bugs, answer some tough questions and generally be as helpful as possible - especially...
  8. S

"Dynamic" difficulty system

dynamic d???nam?k/ adjective adjective: dynamic 1. (of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress What is "dynamic" about penalising players for putting the time and effort into getting to level 25? Sounds rather "preset" to me, and inherently punishing...
  9. S

Tactics v1028 tactics

Okay, folks, I have some really exciting tactics for you since the update. Here they are regarding scrake: shoot crossbow at scrake's head switch to whichever weapon you have shoot scrake's head ?????? profit I hope you're as excited as I am about this. Decaps against scrakes can be achieved...
  10. S

Game overriding user-input difficulty settings

I've changed the KFGame.ini file to default to difficulty 3 [HoE] but the game consistently resets it to 0 [normal]. In trying to use things like offline and online testmaps, the game is forcing the player to pick normal difficulty when they're manually selecting difficulties above normal. Is...
  11. S

Thoughts on GC's HoE movespeed increase for zeds

I'm interested in getting an indication of player thoughts on the movespeed increase, in particular for perks that don't have inherent speed bonuses. Are players finding this increase in speed practical and manageable for anything other than Berserkers, Field Medics and Gunslingers?
  12. S

So I hear things...

Work being in the way of the update [in addition to a slow internet connection] I haven't been able to test any of this myself. However. I'm told the Demo 'nade stun doesn't work anymore due to the tweaking of stun resistances for FP to accommodate the crossbow. If this is true, my questions...
  13. S

Server Webadmin inaccessible after recent steam update

There's been no issue from my end with the webadmin for the past four months on end. About a day and a half ago steam requests an update, the webadmin has shut down since and continually says "unable to connect" every time I refresh it. The IP is correct, the port is correct, the KFWeb.ini I've...
  14. S

TW pls

Sometimes uttered in jest, sometimes seriously - always disheartening. I find myself recalling many instances of playing this game where I temporarily take my left hand from the keypad, my right hand off the mouse and press both palms squarely against my face and ponder how the developers...
  15. S

Decapitations

There was a thread posted on reddit a while ago where a player expressed genuine frustration about gorefasts attacking them within the 5 second bleedout time post-decapitation before they actually die. Various other threads on steam have expressed sentiments to the effect of "why can't I kill a...
  16. S

A couple of queries about Gunslinger

First of all, I recall when Gunslinger was first released, the developers had inserted into the description of Rack 'em Up that 5% boosts would be added to Gunslinger weapons for every consecutive headshot that they connected with. I wonder if they'll revert back to this 5% upon the introduction...
  17. S

A substantial reason why teams fail on HoE

I spec a lot of HoE games these days, and the more I watch, the more I notice a very odd trend: http://s10.postimg.org/xagb53f89/factorinlosses.png I've made no secret that I don't really like where Firebug is at. However, MWG issues aside, I think that a perk selection rate of roughly 1-in-8...
  18. S

Sirens and explosive damage

This enemy has, at 6 player HoE difficulty, 534 HP. She also has a 2x explosive vulnerability. An off-perk user of the HX25 can kill a siren in 2 shots. An on-perk user of the HX25 can kill a siren in... 2 shots. An off-perk user of the M79 can... sometimes kill a siren with a direct hit - if...
  19. S

Snapshots, and interpretations of the information

It didn't take long for the first reddit posts to go up about the snapshot info. Personally, whilst I appreciate it, I'll take it for what it is - a very brief and narrow look at a fairly complex system of choices that people make on a largely situational and preferential basis. For instance...