• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A couple of queries about Gunslinger

ScrakeMorgendorffer

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2015
First of all, I recall when Gunslinger was first released, the developers had inserted into the description of Rack 'em Up that 5% boosts would be added to Gunslinger weapons for every consecutive headshot that they connected with. I wonder if they'll revert back to this 5% upon the introduction of the Sharpshooter.

Secondly, and a question more likely to be answered - I've read back over topics regarding the Gunslinger, that Rack 'em Up boosted grenade damage by the same percentage that the Rack 'em Up value was at - REU 7 being a 70% boost to grenade damage.

I've checked this via testmap on a number of occasions, and it seems as though even though the damage output by the Gunslinger grenade is quite good [I checked against a fleshpound on HoE difficulty; the damage value was just under 1200 at REU 0], that having REU 7 didn't alter the grenade's damage at all.

Not even a minor boost according to my tests.

I wonder who asserted that this was true, and whether they tested this themselves, because after numerous instances of trying out this idea, I can't find any solid basis to support this.

REU was always +10% up to 70% even on initial release of the perk. Text description was probably a pre-release leftover.

Yep, both damage skills as well as passive bonus increase damage for both - explosion and shards. It also affecting the knife.
I'll check it later if things have changed although i'm pretty sure they didn't.
Edit: It certainly works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
most people know that fleshpounds take extra dmg from explosive which is why grenades in general are good vs fp,
however what many people dont know is that fp has the same weakness to piercing damage, currently there are almost no weapons in the game that deal it (i think one is the thrust attack of the zwei), but this is the reason nailbombs are right now the most effective grenade against fps..

Upvote 0
REU was always +10% up to 70% even on initial release of the perk. Text description was probably a pre-release leftover.

Yep, both damage skills as well as passive bonus increase damage for both - explosion and shards. It also affecting the knife.
I'll check it later if things have changed although i'm pretty sure they didn't.
Edit: It certainly works.
I think it was the trader time test environment. Just checked it in mid-wave and it does alter the damage.

My error, sorry 'bout that.

Upvote 0