• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

A talk about the fleshpound (Devs, please provide some info)

The pre-v1035 fleshpound had a 10-14 second randomised counter for rage. It was not entirely dissimilar to the first game except for the fact that the rage timer didn't reset when the fleshpound lost line of sight. Realistically, you can't alter the mechanics of fleshpounds to be exactly like...
  2. S

...that I think many of the hardcore community will enjoy...

As it stood pre-v1035, Firebugs couldn't meaningfully contribute to a big zed kill without messing up the precise aim of other perks - when it came to headshots. If they are to make Firebug synergise re: big zed kills, they need to find a way to make a fire-related incapacitation enable an...
  3. S

Go on Tripwire and don't listen these children

I actually wrote a review off the back of about 1,600 hours in KF2. I have played KF2 since day one, I know - sorry, knew - the game very well and contributed in my own way to the development of certain tactics with someone in particular who was extremely dedicated and a pleasure to work with...
  4. S

Go on Tripwire and don't listen these children

Speaking in prescriptive terms about the level of voice that a community ought to have - thanks, resident authority on the matter. The reality is that when you put a product into early access with the words - and I quote - from the store page: Yes, please, Tripwire. Ignore the very premise...
  5. S

...that I think many of the hardcore community will enjoy...

Most of us have been privy to 1035 and 1036. I've read a lot of steam forum feedback, a lot of reddit feedback, and talked to a reasonable proportion of people on my list that I primarily added from playing KF2 together on Suicidal and HoE difficulty. So I'm interested to know, playerbase - are...
  6. S

Good job everyone

I'm pretty sure the only one pouting in this thread is yourself. The point I'm attempting to make is very straightforward - your frustration is misguided. The developers made a resistance system that detracts from the enjoyment of the game, and the community expressed discontent about that. The...
  7. S

Good job everyone

So let me get this straight. The community expresses dissatisfaction about the balance of the perks, the resistances of zeds and the incap system. You refer to that as "ranting". In order to address player concerns, TW - in your opinion - overbuffs Sharpshooter. Your response is to say "well...
  8. S

It's just not very fun right now (1035)

Most of the people I had on my steam list played KF2. Many of them regularly expressed a real sense of excitement and anticipation at the prospect of the Sharpshooter update early on. Many of my own posts would have a lilt to them ala "things will be better when the Sharpshooter's in the game...
  9. S

A word about the preview from a kf veteran

I'm inclined to agree, and I think it's bad for a very specific reason - not all perks have the same degree of variety in their weapons. Of all of the perks: Berserker has available to it bludgeon, piercing, slashing, ballistic_shotgun [Nailgun] EMP and explosive damage Commando has...
  10. S

SS soloing?

I'm referring to a gradual improvement in the cycle time as you get better: most of zed-time is overshadowed by cycling the weapon even with the skill active.
  11. S

Tactics Hillside since the preview

I'm interested in knowing if any other players are soloing Hillside on HoE as any perk, letalone as a Sharpshooter since the preview update. Any takers?
  12. S

SS soloing?

What I'm noticing is a pretty solid issue with Sharp is the cycle time of the LAR and how it relates to zed-time in the early waves. Zed-time is triggered the instant that an enemy is considered dead, and decaps of clot variants and gorefasts are typically where that happens. The cycle time of...
  13. S

New Resistances Categorized by Damage Type

When they're behind fifteen other zeds, and the horde only moves aside to let the fireball come through, you don't get any scope to shoot the tank. 2 extra shots with the starter weapon - 1 extra with both the SA80 and the AK-12. What is wrong with it? It's twice as many shots as it used to be...
  14. S

Some basic issues/differences: Husks in particular take basically twice as many shots to decap now with Commando weapons Gorefasts can't be reliably decapped in one shot as a Commando unless using the SCAR-H - taking 3 shots with the starter weapon and two with SA80 and AK-12 crawlers require...
  15. S

TW pls read this, understand that it's the most direct, honest and practical feedback you're going to receive about this preview.
  16. S

The main issue with the resistance re: preview is this: They are so finely carved up, yet the squad spawns are - from what I can tell - effectively the same. So when you play difficulties like HoE you have this chaotic mess of zeds coming at you, and the game has arbitrarily decided to subject...
  17. S

Feel free to post a video of that 4 faked player HoE.
  18. S

Commando can't even effectively clear trash anymore, which is his job. 2/10 Firebug baiting.
  19. S

The sharps

Removing melee bash was a mistake, beit intentional or not. You can now so much more easily get cornered, making solo play a disaster and multiplayer heavily dependent on other players. GG folks, back to dota.
  20. S

The sharps

I've been trying to melee bash various zeds, and from what I can see, you can't even melee bash a crawler and initiate a knockback.