• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. dibbler67

Vietnamese sniper rifle's scopes

I'm not sure why the binding has stopped working - but meanwhile you can hit F3 to bring up the console and enter "ToggleIllumination". I've added a screenshot from the last beta. https://imgur.com/a/XFQYt
  2. dibbler67

AATTV gave a good explanation in this thread: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/rising-storm-2-vietnam/rs2-vietnam-general/general-discussion-ag/2287953-sniper-bullets-rising-when-shooting-at-distance
  3. dibbler67

The Accurange is modeled. Variable zoom is bound to 'Add' and 'Subtract' on the numpad. We were running out of keys :D
  4. dibbler67

The PU scope is pretty small compared to the more modern Redfield on the American rifles. However, the PSO-1 on the SVD does have a toggle-able illuminated reticle in game! The binding is 'Multiply' on the numpad by default. In ROInput.ini...
  5. dibbler67

How I'd like weapon balance to be in RS2

Yes. Center of mass rifle shots are intended OHKs.
  6. dibbler67

How I'd like weapon balance to be in RS2

The damage model already works out to something like what you describe (in theory, assuming no bugs in hit detection.) It does attempt to model how effective different projectiles are at transferring their energy to the target for a given velocity. In particular, the M193 projectile out of the...
  7. dibbler67

Sniper Bullets Rising when Shooting at Distance

Which rifle were you using? They all work differently :)
  8. dibbler67

Media Update - Ithaca Pistol Grip

1) No, as we saw in the M79 video there is a bug with shotguns and blood spray effects that we are working on. 2) Indeed they are.
  9. dibbler67

The issue of pixel skipping

Unfortunately, this is an engine limitation. Most rotations in UE3 are represented by three values between 0-65535, so the smallest change in angle the engine supports is about 0.00549 degrees (only about 0.33 MOA). Since that is about a third of an inch at 100 yards, it becomes very obvious at...
  10. dibbler67

Mutator Configuration User Interface

Do you mean for the WebAdmin? Check out this template of Ducky's: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=93075
  11. dibbler67

Variable Zoom and Sight Ranges

The AR TEL (and supporting hardware) on the XM-21 was a bit more than just a variable power scope. :) It's quite fascinating.
  12. dibbler67

Of Menus and Men

As an SL or commander in RO2 you don't need to use the binocs to mark a target - but it's more convenient and precise.
  13. dibbler67

Vietnamese Women in Combat

A more authentic experience is not a sign of wasted effort, in my opinion. Personally, I welcome any suggestions to that end.
  14. dibbler67

PC Gamer Weekender

Are you referring to the XM21's ammo/bolt check towards the beginning? That's just some theatrics. That will never happen automatically (like ammo checking in RO2/RS)
  15. dibbler67

Good Morning Vietnam Fans!

That's the bolt release. When the gun is emptied the bolt locks back; you press the bolt release to allow it to slide forward again.
  16. dibbler67

Squads and Firefights - More Details

Misalignment here means the movement of your eye relative to the sights; i.e when you aim a weapon in real life you must align the sights according to your viewpoint. It is *NOT* making the sights "off". I hope that clears things up. :)
  17. dibbler67

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

It may be best that we leave it alone until I can once again devote serious time to it. Unfortunately, for the last year and a half I haven't been able to do that. Those of you who love this mod: take note of whom I work for now. :)
  18. dibbler67

Beta Map KF-BikiniAtoll

Brilliant!
  19. dibbler67

Into The Jungle

;)
  20. dibbler67

Code Ballistics and Sights

It was done through trial and error. Also recall that in RO2 the shots come from your line of sight as you are looking down the sights, not the muzzle.