• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

Combine Crouch & Cover into one key

Ever since RO2 came out, I have never been able to get along with the cover system. Although it seems like a good idea and allows for great interaction with the environment, I've never used it long term. I think the reason is that the only way I can use it comfortably is to bind it to my left...
  2. C

Sniper scope sensitivity when holding breath.

I know all guns have different adjustable sensitivity levels depending on whether they are being fired from the hip, or from ironsights. But I also notice that the sniper scope has a third setting - when you are looking through the scope and then use Shift to hold your breath and steady the...
  3. C

Does anyone else want longer round timers?

I honestly think the maps in this game are, on the whole, awesome. All of them are graphically amazing, with stunning attention to detail, and most of them play brilliantly. But if there's one thing I find a bit frsutrating about all of them, its the time we get to spend with them. It seems...
  4. C

[Question] Reducing image tearing without enabling VSync

Usually the first thing I do when starting up a new game is go into the Vide options and enable Vsync as I cannot stand the tearing it otherwise gives you. I did the same with RS but found an annoying issue - the frame rate stays at a constant 62FPS, but I was finding that at certain parts of...
  5. C

Allow Squad leaders to see ALL artillery markers

Nothing nicer than playing as a Commander with 4 or 5 responsive and willing squad leaders in your team...and then having them all place their artillery markers on the same spot when you ask them you get you some coordinates :p Let the squad leaders see where their counterparts have placed...
  6. C

Identify fire mode on the HUD

Another very small suggestion (or rather, two); - When selecting a fire mode, change the text to read whether you are switching between fully automatic or single shot, not just "normal" and "alt fire". Not only does it look a little neater, but it's useful for those not familiar with WW2...
  7. C

Disable weapon pick-up after a teamkill

Simple suggestion. If you team kill someone, you should be restricted from picking up their dropped weapons, along with an appropriate warning message. Should reduce the amount of team killing to steal snipers rifles, pistols, MkBs, etc. Thoughts?
  8. C

Scope FPS Drop - fixed?

I've never really played sniper much, partly because it's not a class I enjoy playing, but mainly, I've always found that the scopes make the class pretty much unusable. Although the 3D scope is modelled beautifully and realistically, the downside is of course that it hits performance hugely...
  9. C

So, what was causing the performance issues?

First off, a big thankyou to Tripwire. The latest update has saved Red Orchestra and once again made it possibly my favourite online game. I was so disappointed with the initial release and despaired that TWI were going down the same route of many other developers and ditching a lot of their...
  10. C

You want immersion?

Ultimate Battlefield 3 Simulator - The Gadget Show - YouTube ME GUSTA.
  11. C

Just had the sound bug again.

Seems this still isn't fixed. Was playing Commissars House, the map changed to Red October Factory. As the map loads, there's a slight 'pop' from the headphones, get into the map....no sound :/ Pulled the console and typed "reconnect" but it didn't work. Still silence. Escaped back to the...
  12. C

Pause Lockdown timer when capping.

"Commander, we have nearly captured the ridge! Just a few mo-" "RETREAT! WE ARE OUT OF TIME, EVERYONE FALL BACK! WE'VE FAILED!" "But sir, just a few more seconds..." "NO, WE ARE OUT OF TIME, PULL BACK!!" When would this ever happen? Pause the lockdown timer when you're team is in the process...
  13. C

Does anyone use bolt actions any more?

I've just finished playing for about two hours on the H Squad server, a 32 player realism server which cycles most maps. In that whole two hours of playing, I saw one other person using a bolt action besides myself. One. Seriously? Is that how it's going to be from now on? I used to really...
  14. C

Negative Stats

Loads of games have a stats/ranking system now, but the problem with a ranking system is that most of the time, it's not really a represenation of player skill. It's simply a sign of how long a player has been playing. Eventually, everyone in the game will be the highest rank and everyone will...
  15. C

"Ready" Should be the default option.

I rarely want to change my classes as often as every single time I die. But I regularly miss the next spawn wave by half a second because I have to actually tell the game Im ready to spawn. Please make being ready the default option. I know 20 seconds isn't a huge amount but missing a spawn...
  16. C

A small criticism about the sound levels.

Why are some sounds so bloody quiet? The sound effects in this game are fantastic. Really, like RO1, the sounds are one of the strongest features of the game. Each rifle has a realistic crack to it. The machine guns rattle and bang convincingly. Sub machine guns have a proper staccato chatter...
  17. C

Thick Rifle Scope reticules...why?

I've just been watching some videos to whet my appetite for HoS. Just a quick question about the sniper rifle scopes; why are the reticule lines so thick? This was a niggle of mine from RO:OST. I'd always felt that the lines were far too thick and that they made aiming somewhat cumbersome...
  18. C

I cannot wait...

Hello chaps, Some of you may remember me....I'm a long time fan of Red Orchestra and have played it ever since the first days of it's release, way back for UT2K3. Unfortunately Ive been out of the loop with RO:O for the past year or so; ever since we upgraded our home Internet connection here...
  19. C

Stop the press! An idea that involves crosshairs! - Tank Communication

As most of the other players who were involved in the recent public beta testing know, the main focus of the test was the new tank maps. As I was involved in this, for the first time I found myself spending alot of time playing tank maps, and with so many players, I was often a driver. Now...
  20. C

So I finally bought myself a car

And I thought I'd show you all. Behold, my first chariot.... V/1999 Ford Focus 1.6LX [AC] It may not be super fast (Although it's certainly no slouch) but it's big, comfy, has air-con, and for