• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pause Lockdown timer when capping.

Conscript

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
England
"Commander, we have nearly captured the ridge! Just a few mo-"
"RETREAT! WE ARE OUT OF TIME, EVERYONE FALL BACK! WE'VE FAILED!"
"But sir, just a few more seconds..."
"NO, WE ARE OUT OF TIME, PULL BACK!!"

When would this ever happen?

Pause the lockdown timer when you're team is in the process of capping an objective. The point of the timer is make the players take the objectives. If they display the aptitude to actually get to the points and start securing them, don't keep the clock running.

It takes quite a while to cap some points and it can be galling to put all the effort into getting to an objective and start capping only to have the round cut short by an abitrary time on a clock.

It's not like your commanding officer would be timing you on a stopwatch and would order you to abandon an objective based on the time running out if you were just moments from completing your objective.

EDIT: Even better. Reverse the timer while capping. So lockdown punishes you for not capping the objectives but gives you the benefit of the doubt when you do. We get the best of both worlds then, a system that encourages objective play whilst also allowing opening stages of the battle to go longer than whatever time the mapper specifies.

Last edited:
I might be mistaken but isn't there a 30 second "overtime" if you are actively capping when the Lockdown timer runs out? It has to be the last objective that defeats the lockdown, so one of two bridgeheads on apartments would not be enough.

I might be mistaken though, because I'm not sure if I saw this on Territory or if I'm just mixing it up with Overtime on Countdown which is an additional 30 seconds if your team is currently capturing the objective while the deadline expires.

Upvote 0
Lockdowntimer should be removed completely and forced to be forgotten.

I would have to respectfully disagree.
I find that lockdown timer forces people to move. You wont see as much trying as you do those 10-15 seconds right before lockdown timer expires. Most of the team... even those "providing cover" leave their
Abandoned_Campsite_by_ILikeMacaroni777.jpg
and
4077531159_f7d283aa78.jpg

TO HELP CAP

Upvote 0
I find that lockdown timer forces people to move. You wont see as much trying as you do those 10-15 seconds right before lockdown timer expires. Most of the team... even those "providing cover" leave TO HELP CAP

15 seconds before the timer expires is too late to start attacking. I haven't played RO2 the past weeks so I'm not sure how teams act these days but campers will camp no matter what. RO1 didn't have a big problem with campers but the gunfights were closer so people were easier to get in cap. Either way, I don't like lockdown, a timer that's about to expire creates tension which is fun and exciting if it happens once in a round, with lockdown there's tension the entire round and after a while it just gives me a headache.

Upvote 0
I find that lockdown timer forces people to move. You wont see as much trying as you do those 10-15 seconds right before lockdown timer expires. Most of the team... even those "providing cover" leave their and

TO HELP CAP

1. It forces players to rush at their objectives which makes the it more run and gun.

3. It makes the matches short and unreliable.

4. It destroy all kinds of defensive lines since people have to move constantly.

5. Above all: It's not realistic in any sense. It may be great in COD, but in RO? I say no. Big No no.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with pauzing lockdown timer when capping. I also think that lockdown timer is needed to make the attacker team to attack instead of camping. Having said that here are my propositions how to change lockdown further:

1. Make lockdown timer longer.

Purpose of lockdown is admirable, but it does need some changes to improve the gameplay.

2. After capturing EACH zone lockdown starts again.

Sometimes people are progressing, capturing point A, but they have 1 minute or so to capture point B and they lose. It makes no sense because situation has changed - they progressed and captured A. The game should note that fact, because lockdown was placed to prevent stalemates.

3. Make all zones recapturable.

I don't know why on Spartanovka - for example - you can defend Town Hall and then recapture Housing Blocks 2, but CAN'T recapture everything in order (Housing Blocks 1, the Church, the Gullies). What's the point? Defenders should be able to gain ground if they can to push the enemy as far as possible before they press them again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0