• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Nenjin

PSA Regarding issue with the Matriarch Seasonal Objective

I have to question why this was done in the first place. Previous events: Boss kills were shared among all players. Bosses spawned predictably on the new maps. The fact you guys say it's not an easy fix implies this wasn't a mistake or an oversight, it was intentional. I get that having a...
  2. Nenjin

Medic perk refinement

Haven't played in many updates, but, from playing Medic up to 25.... More XP for healing, definitely. I spent 95% of my time healing and it was a real slog getting to 25 that way. Still, I find almost pure healing enjoyable once people are taking enough damage for it to matter. Most of the...
  3. Nenjin

Total analysis on damage-resistance system (Why you can't enjoy this game?)

Thanks OP for making the chart (if you did indeed make it.) I was just thinking the other day how I wanted a visual representation of the damage spread.
  4. Nenjin

New Berserker Feedback

Zerk could finish up the last 25% of a wave, yeah. Not 75% though. They'd get spawns behind them then get pancaked. Sharp Shooters, on the other hand, would kite until the maximum spawn cap had been reached, then they would very meticulously kill ZEDs and then kite again until more respawned...
  5. Nenjin

Boss Life Bars.... Thoughts?

Aesthetically I'd prefer to keep the screen clear of as much as possible. But I can't deny that knowing you're doing SOMETHING against the boss is better than the way it was before. Running around for minutes at a time not knowing how long you'd need to kite him, feeling like you weren't even...
  6. Nenjin

Demo nuke severely gimped

Haven't tried demo since the update but it sounds like it still isn't there. The dud rounds are infuriating when you're already not doing enough damage and are saddled with small clips. It's not uncommon to fire off the M79 at a crowd of ZEDs at a totally reasonable distance, get a dud round...
  7. Nenjin

New Berserker Feedback

I absolutely, 100% expected it. You know who I always saw carrying games in KF1? SS. The team would wipe in the first few minutes of the wave, and you'd watch the SS spend 20 minutes kiting 150 zeds and making 1 or 2 headshots every 30 seconds when it was safe to. SS was the perk of choice for...
  8. Nenjin

New Resistances Categorized by Damage Type

Agreed on the MW, but, that list is generally closer to what I expected when I first read about the system. Granted, numbers like that will make no difference on Normal Solo with a half-leveled perk, and probably little difference on 6 man normal. But starting at hard and increasing from there...
  9. Nenjin

The sharps

Oh I agree with you. Tons of the entries on the damage resistance tables make no sense due to how extreme they are for the enemy type, the weapon and just basic expectations about physics. I.e....video game logic.
  10. Nenjin

Warframe's system does start to turn into to bullet sponge hell at the highest level, it's true, even with weapons correctly tuned for what you're fighting. But the scale there is pretty gradual, and you can almost ignore damage types and resistances, and just know based on the enemy level how...
  11. Nenjin

The sharps

While I'm not exactly excited about ZED resistances, I do have to quibble with "a bullet is a bullet." There are lots of kinds of bullets of different calibers and contents. "A bullet is a bullet" makes sense when your sample pool is all humans, with human physiology and limitations, since it...
  12. Nenjin

Right at the top of my first post, I said I haven't tried it yet. And I don't need to. I only have to ask myself if having to shoot the majority of ZEDs more times with all perk weapons sounds fun. It doesn't. I dealt with this same change in Warframe and they had to hammer out the issues there...
  13. Nenjin

Railgun alt fire

Oh I know they're needed, I slogged through level Medic up in KF1. What I said was more for the folks who are purists, who felt even homing darts was adding aim bots to the game.
  14. Nenjin

I want to link Warframe's Damage Tables as an example of this idea, done more sensibly with respect toward preserving players feeling powerful. Warframe and KF aren't 1:1 in their make up but they're essentially doing the same kind of gameplay. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 Notice...
  15. Nenjin

Railgun alt fire

It's kind of hypocritical of me since I approve of the Medic homing dart, but, it sounds ridiculous.
  16. Nenjin

Some of the penalties are just way too steep, I say having not played the update but just judging the numbers and player reactions. They may be fine for normal but with how beef things get past that... KF was always about mowing down hordes of ZEDs. Nerfing people's damage by 2/3rd in some...
  17. Nenjin

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Such as? Settlement building? Skills and/or perks? I'm just curious. Steam says I'm at 148 hours with it and I'm guessing it's more like 180 if I add in offline time. I'm probably 20% of the way through the main story yet have explored literally 50% of the Commonwealth (basically everything...
  18. Nenjin

Sharpshooter skills revealed

I'm a little surprised at people seeming so confused about the speed boost for SS. Because my memories of KF1 were watching SS's backpedal through the whole level and no scope headshot the big guys. You were either playing the game, or watching that happen for 5 minutes. So a speed boost for...
  19. Nenjin

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Been kind of all over the place the last month or so. Dynasty Warriors 8 Extreme Legends (CO-OP Ambition Mode with a friend.) Subterrain (A pretty cool mix of a survival game and Doom done in top-down style.) Dark Souls 2 (Got motivated to try and finish it when 3 came out. I think I may...
  20. Nenjin

[Game] What can Tripwire learn from Doom's disaster?

By your logic Doom 3 should have been a triumph. It was merely ok. I'm not saying Doom 4 is doing the right thing by throwing pretty much every bog-standard RPG-lite FPS mechanic into their game. The executions are by far the worst offender in that department IMO. But I disagree that people...