• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Railgun alt fire

To answer your question, the fire modes seem to be identical except for the auto-aim. They both penetrate, and the manual mode allows you to line up your shots.

As for Gladius, just ignore the guy. Every community has its bad apples.

Wow following all your posts through the different topics and threads here in the forum I gotta ask: Do you play the game? What is your perk? My guess is firebug or another perk. If you play gunslinger can you decap a 6 player SC on HoE solo or an FP? Well considering your commentation so far I do not think you can or understand some advanced tactics and mechanics of the game but maybe it is just me. No offense or so but in the other thread you kinda say everyone has its opinion and in this thread you just say ignore everything else.
In the other thread you hype the new HUD and the new model Rae or whatever which is nothing what impacts the changes to gameplay and stuff?! Just saying.

greets

Upvote 0
To answer your question, the fire modes seem to be identical except for the auto-aim. They both penetrate, and the manual mode allows you to line up your shots.

As for Gladius, just ignore the guy. Every community has its bad apples.

I'm going to defend Gladius here and say that from what footage I've seen, you're going to get 50-50 on how the railgun currently functions both at a lv0 standpoint and at lv25.

It's the same exact situation as how the xbow was initially introduced in KF1 to where it is now in KF1. A lot of M14+LAR players will have a similar viewpoint to Gladius while people that feel xbow is fine will have the same viewpoint as yourself.

I'd leave it at this, think about what it is he's trying to convey with that post because even if it does rub you off the wrong way it is a very valid concern for the future of the game.

Upvote 0
Poor little old me incurred so much wrath that you had to stalk my history, how will I ever feel safe against this incredibly mature and sensible behavior?

Since the question has been answered, it would be best to lock the thread, mod.

I did not stalk your history just happened to see that you commented on other actual threads too that I was interested in reading in.
And no this is not wrath that is speaking out of me just curiosity. You just hype visual changes and do not mention the gameplay changes a bit. For me instance I dunno, nothing works like before and well there is nothing new so far that replaces the old mechanics (well there is one...you play ss and 2-shot everything, which will be even more op when reaching lvl 25 I suppose :p)

greets

Upvote 0
Thank for your perspective, Rail. My comment was quite unnecessary and it was not nice of me to go off like that. Unconstructive, irrelevant, and salt-induced complaining just rubs me the wrong way, especially in a thread such as this. While I agree that the Railgun needs to be reworked, I believe that providing unhelpful grumbles within unrelated thread such as this is not the right way to express your dissatisfaction.

Thanks, and have a good day.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the answers=)

Didn't think that my question would start a ramble=)))

But going back to the railgun... Shouldn't it give you any penalty when using the "no skill" mode? Like less damage, or longer reload?

Well talk about integrating an aimbot in a game.....shouldn't this idea be banned right from the beginning when it is first mentioned in a discussion?
It might be like with the X-bow, everyone hyping the **** out of it at first and then slowly realizing that the game takes little to no effort anymore, even on HoE, to beat it. And then servers start coming up where the use of X-bow results in a ban and I played in many lobbies where X-bow was forbidden to make the game interesting again.

greets

Upvote 0
It's kind of hypocritical of me since I approve of the Medic homing dart, but, it sounds ridiculous.

The medic homing dart is justified, it makes an otherwise joyless perk less repulsive to play. Seriously, just remember the atrocious aiming on KF1 darts and any resistance to how it is now should vanish.

Medic in KF1 was -----> 0 <------ that much fun to play.

Upvote 0
The medic homing dart is justified, it makes an otherwise joyless perk less repulsive to play. Seriously, just remember the atrocious aiming on KF1 darts and any resistance to how it is now should vanish.

Medic in KF1 was -----> 0 <------ that much fun to play.

To each their own. Hit registering bugs aside, I thought it the most rewarding part of this perk to be able hit darts from miles away and save somebody's live all while kiting.

The fact auto homing breaks offensive use of darts by redirecting them to target you didn't want to hit still stands though. ;)

Upvote 0