• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Collapsable Menu

If you could expand this idea a bit further, that would help. I'm sure this goes into enough detail for me to have a crack at it.

Something like that. when you click the perk icon, it brings up a list of weapons. And only those weapons related to the perk.

kinda like how when you switch perks the weapons to your perk automatically move to the top(that's what the game does right now.) It just does that, and all other weapons are gone unless you click a different perk icon.

This was a 5 second photoshop of your original picture so don't expect it to illustrate everything.

Attachments

• smenukfsmaller2 copy.jpg
    smenukfsmaller2 copy.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Something like that. when you click the perk icon, it brings up a list of weapons. And only those weapons related to the perk.

kinda like how when you switch perks the weapons to your perk automatically move to the top(that's what the game does right now.) It just does that, and all other weapons are gone unless you click a different perk icon.

This was a 5 second photoshop of your original picture so don't expect it to illustrate everything.

I think i get it now.

Anyway, here's timur's suggestion: an open all button:

smenukfopenallbutton.jpg

Upvote 0
One of the best things about KF is cross-pollination of perks and weapons. There are so few weapons that hiding them doesn't make much sense and it can make finding specific weapons difficult in a limited time by hiding/revealing large groups of weapons and someone may not know which weapons are under which perk.
I was going to just quote this and say "This" but then I saw
In the panic of 8 seconds left in the trader you don't want to be expanding things to search for a weapon.
so I'll quote that too.

What I'd like to see is some way to show buttons for all the weapons on one screen with no scrolling required, sorted by perk (EDIT: and then tier, so let's say your first row is machete/saw/sword, second row is fail/50/100 (2x50)/lar/bow/spamling, third is pump/double/tommyknocker, fourth is pewpew/buddahbuddah/blamblam, etc.) and replacing names with icons if necessary. That way you can select things very quickly if you know what you're doing, and at least be able to pick something reasonable if you don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So in response to Vaecrius, here's yet another variant of my idea:

This one took quite a lot of effort and about twice as much time as the previous ones.

What a good idea. I wonder who had that idea first? :)

I'd grey out the weapons that were unaffordable.

imo.
Scrolling sucks.

That is still scrolling.

Upvote 0
If one perk had more than 9 weapons perhaps.

Using tabs is scrolling. Technically it is pagination which is scrolling. The tabs at the top are the same thing as a scroll bar. The weapon interface is just scrolling horizontally not vertically.

Anyway, it is a bad design because weapons can be completely hidden. That is the same problem with using the disclosure list in the original post. Adding the 'expand all' button helps fix the problem, but when a new design creates a problem that has to be fixed with additions, then the design should be rethought.

Last edited:
Reactions: EricFong
Upvote 0
Using tabs is scrolling. Technically it is pagination which is scrolling. The tabs at the top are the same thing as a scroll bar. The weapon interface is just scrolling horizontally not vertically.
"Scrolling" to me is clicking and dragging a bar lower or higher to see the desired item.

Just clicking on a perk icon doesn't qualify to me as "scrolling."

But hey, what do i know?

Upvote 0
Okay, be that way.
It's more precise than a scrolling bar though and has room for many additional weapons from mods or content patches (hint hint).

Upvote 0