• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Armor/Speed

I've re read a few more posts and I would like to point out... although I'm for a nerf to medics using the Xbow and the Katana, we do have to be careful not to make the medic a total pain to play.

Lets be honest is as medic you had no choice but to stand and heal and have very little affect with ANY weapon the game gets very boring. Its all fun while people are taking damage but if people are cooped up in a camping spot and hardly ever get hit then the medics life becomes boring. Its being bored that encourages the crazy hatchet man behaviour.

This is why I'm all for a Xbow and Katana nerf, even if its only an affect on off perk weaponry. I myself like to run around with a number of other weapons as medic, deagle (despite buffing my sharpshooter perk) is one of my favourites. But also AK is good, axe is good, pump action shotgun is good, and the upper tier weapons have too much recoil for other perks to be of any use. This recoil is something that doesn't affect the Xbow or Katana and so they will need some kind of off perk nerf to diswade their easy use.

Xbow could perhaps have a slight sway while scoped to make headshots harder for non sharps. We could even take a page out of CoD4's book as that had the best Sniping function ever I've seen. (If this were introduced I would make it so that the Sharpshooter has 1/4 the sway as a standard regardless of level).

Katana I dunno might be better being slowed down more or damage reduced more and simply have the berserkers buffs have greater effect.

Either way I think it should be weapons that are nerfed, not the medic. As using anything other than Xbow or Katana makes the medic actually quite hard to survive with.

Upvote 0
I've re read a few more posts and I would like to point out... although I'm for a nerf to medics using the Xbow and the Katana, we do have to be careful not to make the medic a total pain to play.

Lets be honest is as medic you had no choice but to stand and heal and have very little affect with ANY weapon the game gets very boring. Its all fun while people are taking damage but if people are cooped up in a camping spot and hardly ever get hit then the medics life becomes boring. Its being bored that encourages the crazy hatchet man behaviour.

This is why I'm all for a Xbow and Katana nerf, even if its only an affect on off perk weaponry. I myself like to run around with a number of other weapons as medic, deagle (despite buffing my sharpshooter perk) is one of my favourites. But also AK is good, axe is good, pump action shotgun is good, and the upper tier weapons have too much recoil for other perks to be of any use. This recoil is something that doesn't affect the Xbow or Katana and so they will need some kind of off perk nerf to diswade their easy use.

Xbow could perhaps have a slight sway while scoped to make headshots harder for non sharps. We could even take a page out of CoD4's book as that had the best Sniping function ever I've seen. (If this were introduced I would make it so that the Sharpshooter has 1/4 the sway as a standard regardless of level).

Katana I dunno might be better being slowed down more or damage reduced more and simply have the berserkers buffs have greater effect.

Either way I think it should be weapons that are nerfed, not the medic. As using anything other than Xbow or Katana makes the medic actually quite hard to survive with.

Woot a rainbow =D .

Woodstock colors ?

Seriously ^^, i agree with katana / xbow global nerf but i aswell agree with the -X% dmg to the medic . Their job is to heal and support people, even with -X% dmg they will still be able to take down gore / bloat / siren , etc ... but that's not their main jobs .

So, your vision of the xbow / katana's nerf ... hmm, don't know, when they will be balanced, they will not be as imba as they actually are, so i don't think that we will need these kind of weaponerf (new word).

+1 with -X% dmg for medics =D.

Upvote 0
Woot a rainbow =D .

Woodstock colors ?

Seriously ^^, i agree with katana / xbow global nerf but i aswell agree with the -X% dmg to the medic . Their job is to heal and support people, even with -X% dmg they will still be able to take down gore / bloat / siren , etc ... but that's not their main jobs .

So, your vision of the xbow / katana's nerf ... hmm, don't know, when they will be balanced, they will not be as imba as they actually are, so i don't think that we will need these kind of weaponerf (new word).

+1 with -X% dmg for medics =D.

When i'm Medic playing srs bzns, then i get MP7/Xbow. My job is to alleviate the stress on the sharpie by taking down husks and scrakes and leaving the FPs to the sharpie.

Kind of a support role i guess. This just goes to show how imba the Xbow is, if i can pwn scrakes as medic in one shot.

I'm speaking as an experienced medic when i say that nerfing Xbow's non-perk damage and Katana's non-perk speed and damage is a must.

My credentials: Level 6 medic with about 278k/100k healing points.

Upvote 0
The Katana is still only viable in maps with enough space to move around. Sure you can use it to be a frontline fighter on any map, but i highly doubt you could run around BioticsLab for 150 enemies without taking 6 hours. Xbow could really just use its headshot bonus being reduced for non-Sharpshooters since the default 7.8 (wiki) is just excessive.

The problem is that between the Zerker and Medic, the **** will only hit the fan when FPs turn up, and the Medic can easily survive 2 seperate attacks from raged fps even with lowish armour. The Zerker is just fragbait and the first fp will shred his armour and nearly kill him or kill him outright if the armour is low enough. Its nothing to do with the rest of the bonus' (bar the Medics self-heal ability, so perhaps just modify it so the same bonus' aren't applied to self-heal and just others) its just the armour boost is significantly more useful than the Zerkers rather pathetic damage reduction bonus which, while active all the time unlike armour, isn't enough to stop bad things happening.

Upvote 0
The Katana is still only viable in maps with enough space to move around. Sure you can use it to be a frontline fighter on any map, but i highly doubt you could run around BioticsLab for 150 enemies without taking 6 hours. Xbow could really just use its headshot bonus being reduced for non-Sharpshooters since the default 7.8 (wiki) is just excessive.

The problem is that between the Zerker and Medic, the **** will only hit the fan when FPs turn up, and the Medic can easily survive 2 seperate attacks from raged fps even with lowish armour. The Zerker is just fragbait and the first fp will shred his armour and nearly kill him or kill him outright if the armour is low enough. Its nothing to do with the rest of the bonus' (bar the Medics self-heal ability, so perhaps just modify it so the same bonus' aren't applied to self-heal and just others) its just the armour boost is significantly more useful than the Zerkers rather pathetic damage reduction bonus which, while active all the time unlike armour, isn't enough to stop bad things happening.
I, as a level 6 medic, always willing to block a suicidal Flashpound for everyone with armor.

Upvote 0
I agree that the medic perk is REALLY GOOD when you level it up high enough... even just at level 4, it really shines. I do not, however, think it's overpowered. It just has more defensive capability than other classes.

That said, I have a friend that solos waves with it after the rest of the group has been wiped out. I attribute his ability to do so to his personal level of skill, combined with the fact that the medic's abilities just suit his personal playing style... much the way that the firebug's abilities tend to suit mine.

If certain classes, or certain kinds of people bother you... then I would recommend playing on friendly fire servers and teamkilling them. It's very satisfying, really. ;)

Upvote 0

Katana + xbow in zerkers' hand can kill 150 zeds in 10-15mins if you successfully run away from the group of zeds surrounding you. As there will only be 24-25 (not sure) zeds in the map at the same time (if the server do not change this config). I believe a medic can also do this. May be I will try to do so when my medic perk get to 6lv.

And for a raging pound.... as a zerker I can only hope he is low in health or he use his left-right pounch instead of the double punch. However those pounds just dont like to use the left-right punch most of the time.

Upvote 0
Katana + xbow in zerkers' hand can kill 150 zeds in 10-15mins if you successfully run away from the group of zeds surrounding you. As there will only be 24-25 (not sure) zeds in the map at the same time (if the server do not change this config). I believe a medic can also do this. May be I will try to do so when my medic perk get to 6lv.

And for a raging pound.... as a zerker I can only hope he is low in health or he use his left-right pounch instead of the double punch. However those pounds just dont like to use the left-right punch most of the time.

I was referring to an enclosed map like Biotics Lab. Something that doesn't have reasonable open areas like WestLondon or Wyre where you can kite around things. The Zerker will take less damage to health (assuming the Medics armour is gone) but there is rarely a situation where the Zerker would take ~75 damage instantly and survive (damage which would kill a Medic). They'd either both die or both walk away but the Medics recovery time is much, much lower thanks to the healing boost.

Really you could just alter the way the damage reduction is applied to each perk. Increase the Zerkers to say 50% resistance to melee damage when wielding a melee weapon so Husks and Sirens (maybe just scrap the Bloat Bile resistance?) would still be dangerous. Medics could still get the strong armour but its only applied when wielding the Medic Gun and Syringe (and Knife and 9mm). You can also make the Medics speed boost only apply when wielding the above weapons so you couldn't have a super speed Katana.

Upvote 0
Just a suggestion, But why not make Berserkers do what their name implies? Get really goddamn angry and tear up some specimens, Somekind of 15 second bonus to something that a zerk could activate as some point, May fill the niche a bit better. And an ability like that would have hellish cooldown, Just something to consider after all.

Upvote 0
And an ability like that would have hellish cooldown, Just something to consider after all.

Then what would be the negative tradeoff, besides cooldown? It's not as if we have mp or something. Although, if it uses up a certain amount of health, it'd probably be viable. Much like the fp rage, same motion and everything. There's a moment of weakness in standing still for so long.

Upvote 0
Just a suggestion, But why not make Berserkers do what their name implies? Get really goddamn angry and tear up some specimens, Somekind of 15 second bonus to something that a zerk could activate as some point, May fill the niche a bit better. And an ability like that would have hellish cooldown, Just something to consider after all.

This game is not Borderlands . If you want something like, go play it x) .

Upvote 0