• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimenation Versus Mod vs. 200 and over

I haven't personally experienced any lag, but, my roommate has, and he has an Alienware laptop with 1700MB of dedicated video RAM. My other roommate has a brand-new Sony VAIO laptop, with 1GB of video RAM, and she had lag issues as well.

They also both complain about the camera being backed up just a bit from where it should be, so the inside of their head gets in the way.

I've had none of these issues, but, I've always been hosting.

Anyhow, great mod, Cheetah. And I like the inventory items on their back. Some of them look wrong though. But, it's a great idea! :D

Upvote 0
You sure? I'm not the only one experiencing this. It's completely fine when on the survivor team, but things get choppy as a specimen.

I've not experienced any lag as humans or speciemens.

Let me repeat: Get better graphic card. WHen u play as specimen the game graphics change alot...

Upvote 0
If you look at the first page there's a list of servers there.

Mine (shown in my sig.) uses most of the default maps that aren't glitchy with the mod. and is currently set to the "Hard" difficulty meaning that all human players will have lvl 5. perks. The GT sig. image currently doesn't display active players though as I haven't verified it yet, probably should do that soon...just trying to get a small issue worked out first.

Upvote 0
Let me repeat: Get better graphic card. WHen u play as specimen the game graphics change alot...
Dude, it's not the graphics cards. I know you like this mod, but kindly remove yourself from Cheetah's butt. It's a new mod, and there's plenty chance that there are problems with it. On top of that, tons of people with adequate cards (on computers I set up, so I know they have great stuff and are working properly) are having this problem. KF requires a somewhat decent graphics card as well, so if they can play KF normally, why would they require further graphics capabilities?

I haven't personally experienced any lag, but, my roommate has, and he has an Alienware laptop with 1700MB of dedicated video RAM. My other roommate has a brand-new Sony VAIO laptop, with 1GB of video RAM, and she had lag issues as well.

They also both complain about the camera being backed up just a bit from where it should be, so the inside of their head gets in the way.

I've had none of these issues, but, I've always been hosting.
If you read my post, it'd seem these issues have to do with data not being accurately transferred to clients connecting to the servers.

And Beniox, he's in beta. That means he needs bug reports, and problems to solve so he can polish it and get it stable for the final product. He doesn't need someone harassing everyone who tries to. Consider that you've likely been hosting, as have I.

Anyhow, another problem I'm having is, the game seems to crash if we try to play two in a row (at least in the same stage, we haven't tried other stages yet), but, it seems alright if I hit escape and disconnect, and then re-host the server from the host page.

Hope this helps, and good luck, Cheetah. Also, if anyone has anymore information on the graphics problems, please do post. I'm sure we need as much information on what's causing it as we can get. =]

Upvote 0
A silly question but worth a shot...do you have the amount of players set to 12 in the mutator's ini file?

Or in advanced mutator? And server settings?
Those are silly too since he makes server looong time I guess so he shall know those ones for sure...

Oh and as I heard Cheetah is cut out of net for a while, he's on his cellphone latelly (3 days as I remember).

I gonna check out graphics settings as soon as I get my account back, then I'll set them different to check if there is any difference. If not, I'll check all the servers. Maybe it depends on host. But I think u tried solo, so I will also check that on solo.

And the fact it is beta doesn't mean it still needs "alot" polishing, it just means it is still in progress, and maybe bug fixing too, cuz there are SMALL ones. But it shall not affect gameplay. Not at ALL! I run the mutator many times on single, friend's server and the 24/7 servers, I never experienced any probs when playing as specimens. Only one I noticed was on Icebreaker, but it just was cuz of map, as survivor all was smooth, but speciments were kinda laggy/glitchy.

I think u shall also check other maps in order to check if it isn't JUST the prob you got.

Upvote 0
And the fact it is beta doesn't mean it still needs "alot" polishing, it just means it is still in progress, and maybe bug fixing too, cuz there are SMALL ones. But it shall not affect gameplay. Not at ALL! I run the mutator many times on single, friend's server and the 24/7 servers, I never experienced any probs when playing as specimens. Only one I noticed was on Icebreaker, but it just was cuz of map, as survivor all was smooth, but speciments were kinda laggy/glitchy.

I think u shall also check other maps in order to check if it isn't JUST the prob you got.
Beta alone doesn't need a lot of polishing, but this particular mod does. It's very glitchy, and very unstable. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, and a great mod, and I'm happy he's working so hard to make it great, but it's far from done. This is more of an alpha than a beta.

Anyhow, as I've said I haven't experienced it either. Only everyone else who was playing. EVERYONE. And they ranged from having excellent graphics cards to pretty good ones, with the exception of one person who had a poor card. Every one of them lagged as a specimen, and every one of them had problems with the human players where the back of their face randomly obstructed their vision.

Do you know what Alienware is? They are some the highest-end retail computers available. My roommate with the Alienware PC has an 8-core processor clocked at 12.8GHz total, 4GB of RAM, and 1.7GB of dedicated video RAM. I personally ensured he had the latest drivers and made sure all of his settings were appropriate. Are you honestly trying to tell me that he's lagging because his computer's not good enough?

And as I've said, I'm not putting this mod down, I think it's great. But don't try to disqualify my bug reports because you don't know what you're talking about, or what to kiss Cheetah's ***. These are two major problems with the mod that affect gameplay, and I assure you, they are there. I'm just trying to make the author aware of them so he can make this great mod even greater.

And hopefully, he'll get internet back soon. =]

Upvote 0
I haven't ANY difficulties, all gameplay goes smoothly for me. And yeah, back of head getting in view happens sometimes, but it's more like HUD being a problem, he's still fixing it I guess, same weapons being on back. But it IS done IN MY OPINION since I find there nothing major, except the back of head getting in view (but latelly doesn't matter as much as before, now it almost never happens) and maps such as Ice Breaker being so bugged for this mod, and the Patriarch-player being unseen for bots. Besides those 3 all is great, idk why for you guys it goes "glitchy". I think it is just that they are not used to 1st person view when it shakes so much, maybe enver saw REAL 1st-person-view where u c just with the eyes of who you play as.

Upvote 0
This beta does have some minor issues which I was able to replicate several times and I mentioned one of them a few posts back. However, I haven't had some of the other problems others have reported but I think they're still valid. With that said, it doesn't do anyone any good to be complaining about others reporting issues. PC gaming is NOT perfect as every hardware configuration can act up differently so while it might be fine for one individual, the same can't be said for another.

Even the non-modded version of the game has some issues apparently as some people have reported their server list not updating which isn't an issue for me but is for several other players. So to best put this thread to good use - unless you're reporting an issue you encountered or have a solution to a problem someone else faced - don't reply.

Upvote 0
I agree! :)

And damn, 3 days passed since I wrote to valve bout my Hijacked account... still no response :(
And yet you broke that in your first reply. XD

Anyhow, as far as the "real" first person, I know how it's supposed to work. And it's not supposed to be from the inside of your character's head. XD

As I said, it works fine for me on ATI, but not for the other two on Nvidia, even though their cards are much better than mine.

Upvote 0
freaking pages of irrelevance, reports, and insults someone give me a list of all the bugs found or errors because I am not reading through douche and whore before finding what I need :)

Here u go:
- Patriarch player is unseen for bots.They just ebhave as if Patriarch never existed!
- Sometimes u can see back of your head (sides someone asked why seeing from head is 1st person view. Answer - cuz u can see all with the eyes of ur specimen! :D)
- some weapons look wrong, such as Axe when u crouch, it looks like male organ between legs... xD
- On some maps such as Icebreaker mostly even at single player when u play as speciments, the game goes laggy, or not a game, just specimen u play as...
- Lights getting in eyes randomly (farm is best example here)

Oh and I got Nvidia and all goes smoothly :D

Upvote 0