• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Press Release: DH Manual

D/l and installed it, but when I try to play it, it just launches deafault ro? I'm sure I'm doing something stupid here, but what is it?

EDIT: for anyone who is having this problem like me, right click on the name in steam games, go to properties and make an icon on the desktop. Then it will work, with luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks mueck

Pharnakes if you installed it right then you shouldn't have this problem, you may have probs getting onto servers...looking in your RO folders for anything prefixed with DH there shouldnt be anything in there but if it is move it into its correct Darkest Hour Folder.

p.s. sorry that the moddb stuff doesn't seem to be authed yet they've had it for hours now im not sure whats keeping them.

Upvote 0
WTF...how is this possible.

I have been present for a great many mod releases all of them release their mods at the last possible moment on the day they say they will...this was released right at midnight! How is this possible...amazing! I was certain that I wouldn't be able to download this mod until 1 pm or 11 pm...nice work guys!

Upvote 0
Been playing it since it was released late last night I luv it already! There is a bug thats crashing allot of peoples clients but the Devs know about it and are already working on a fix.

Shot00001.jpg

Upvote 0
has nobody been driven crazy from the sounds????

sounds of what?

The mod really is excellent, especially omaha, can't wait to play it with 50 players! A few things I've noticed, mainly graphical. The British webley pistol doesn't seem to appear on screen like the other pistols do, you can fire but you can't actually see the weapon. Also, the BAR does sound quite strange when you fire, as if its an echo almost, and the r.o.f of it seems quite low (I've never fired one, but it does appear distinctively slow). Lastly, when in the American spawn point at the beggining of the omaha map, where you have to get into the higgins boats, the screen shakes quite a bit for some reason, then stops when you leave spawn. Others I've asked have said the same.

These are the only things I've noticed, and seeming the mods a beta, all credit to the devs for getting so much in with so few bugs!

Ps. I think if someone makes a dedicated darkest hour views thread where bugs etc. can be posted, here on the RO website that would be useful.

Upvote 0
has nobody been driven crazy from the sounds????

YES YES YES, I have. :(

I dropped out of game immediately they seemed so bad I thought I had a problem with my computer or my in game audio settings. I would rather hear those horrible sounds from that COD2 sound mutator some servers were running compared to a few of these.

Otherwise, the mod is GREAT! :)

Upvote 0