• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Star Wars: Force Unleashed

The video makes it look as though this dev team is trying to fulfill all of the built up fanboy anger at previous Star Wars games and their lack of Jedi goodness.... so they've got this way over-the-top, overcompensating usage of Force powers. More than anything we've ever seen in one of the flicks from the Master Jedis... complete with Akira-like shockwave effects. Have fun kids! :D

Upvote 0
Atleast these guys have (some) evidence to backup their claims.

I can't help but think that this game is just a shallow tech demo of a game, but if it gets released on the PC then it will definitely become something more thanks to the mod community. Which is sadly how nearly every game is nowadays.

Upvote 0
Atleast these guys have (some) evidence to backup their claims.

I can't help but think that this game is just a shallow tech demo of a game, but if it gets released on the PC then it will definitely become something more thanks to the mod community. Which is sadly how nearly every game is nowadays.

That is why i love the Source engine. Ok its net code is annoying and every object acts like a weighted piece of polystyrene, but its a proper sandbox engine which in my opinion is what PC's and PC gaming in general is all about; innovation and complete control.

For a PC game to sustain a long term appeal; being easily moddable and accessible should be fundamentally so. This is nothing to be sad about, this is what makes the PC the most interesting and exciting platform to be on and what sets it apart from everything else. All games have to be dumbed down in order to sell, creativity gets lost in the process but its the same in anything that is mainstream. PC gaming is becoming a niche, it relies on the underground to really get things going and this is no bad thing. How many of you listen to top of the pops for your main source of musical interest?

Anyway i am ranting and sorry upfront as this is no intention to try and hijack the thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just sad to see all this money (and probably talent also) being wasted for such crap games. they really treat their consumers like brainless cattle to pump as much money out of them as possible. with the right promotion campaign they could probably sell dog poo to these morons, and they will love it!
its just like most of the things nowadays, its big business. their sole and only goal is to make money.

Upvote 0
Schmauthenticity, just give a game that's fun to play. Stop acting like *****es. They could make some bull**** like jedis vs alien vs predator and I couldn't give a ****, but I would play it if it was fun. Unlike COD4, which sucks.

Well its great that we have profesional Fungeneers like you here to educate us on what is Fun and what Isen't! truely we would be lost without your guidance!

Anyway, truth be told i am not much of a Star Wars geek, i look at the whole deal as "an entertaining Sci-Fi affair" and nothing more, but there is one thing i allways did like about the whole Force malarky, namely that it is a restrained "super power".

Jedi's and Sith are extremely skilled, and they can bend the rules of what is possible to some degree, but they are not all powerfull super beeings that could single handedly save the galaxy and eat a good solid breakfast before even getting out of bed in the morning, they are like Batman with a hint of Jean Grey.

But this take on the force looks to be Superman, the all powerfull man of steel who could balance the world on his pinkie finger and not even break a sweat, and everything he does ultimately ends up beeing dull and trite because you just know that nothing he will ever face has a snowballs chance in hell of defeating him.

Upvote 0
oh my, protective of our beloved cod4 are we?

LOL! ohh hell no, i dont even own the damned thing, i didn't like the first one, and the series has definately not gotten better since then..

No, i am just so very tired of people dictating to me what games i should find "fun", there is no bloody one size fits all scale for fun, you have your opinion, i have mine, end of story, so could we please stop saying crap like "but its fun!" :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
No, if I think something is fun I will say it is. I'm expressing my opinion, not telling you what is or isn't. We might differ, maybe call each other names, no big deal.

Anyways, the point is, there's too much bickering over trivial stuff. Like why would you rant about a company saying good stuff about their product(veracity aside). Do we really expect, I'm gonna say EA just for the frenzy, to make a video where they say "we are making this game, but it's really not that good, don't bother"? So what if they lied or stretched the truth? And do we really need to constantly expose the industry's brilliant masterplan to make TONS of money? Money making is oh so wrong, boo video games, booooo. Are we really so cheap now that we have to ***** about every minute detail or overlooked feature?

Upvote 0
No, if I think something is fun I will say it is. I'm expressing my opinion, not telling you what is or isn't. We might differ, maybe call each other names, no big deal.

And thats fine, untill you start saying stuff like "But its fun! so shut up!".

Anyways, the point is, there's too much bickering over trivial stuff. Like why would you rant about a company saying good stuff about their product(veracity aside). Do we really expect, I'm gonna say EA just for the frenzy, to make a video where they say "we are making this game, but it's really not that good, don't bother"? So what if they lied or stretched the truth? And do we really need to constantly expose the industry's brilliant masterplan to make TONS of money? Money making is oh so wrong, boo video games, booooo. Are we really so cheap now that we have to ***** about every minute detail or overlooked feature?

Err, i don't think i'm the one you want there, i haven't said anything about money or hype in this thread.

Upvote 0
There is a difference between poining out the good aspects of a game and telling lies about. Do you know Fable (1)? It was hyped to be a sand-box roleplaying game where every action of yours has a consequence. Throw over a bag of nuts and there will be a tree there later in the game. What Fable really is is a hack'n'slash game with simplified life-sim elements. A great game in its own right, but not at all what it was said to be.
That's what people are angry about when it comes to hyping. That, and some are angry about other people who are too naive and too easily "hyped". Like some sort of fanboy who is a fanboy before the game is even released.

No one wanted EA to admit in every trailer: "This an unfaithfull sequel to a game that doesn't belong to us/ a movie liscense (that sais it all, we think)/ the next monthly incarnation of Madden/Fifa/NFS with a brand new cursor (which had to be cut because we set the release too early and we don't give a damn about the actual development of a game). If you can't run it you are screwed because we don't believe in support. If you still want it give us your pocketmoney, club your parents and give us their money too. Good boy. Now on to some photoshopped screenshots, prerendered "in-game" sequences and carefully chosen camera angles that aren't even possible in the game. Don't forget: This game is brought to you by your friends at the Weinstein Company!":rolleyes::D

Upvote 0
There is a difference between poining out the good aspects of a game and telling lies about. Do you know Fable (1)? It was hyped to be a sand-box roleplaying game where every action of yours has a consequence. Throw over a bag of nuts and there will be a tree there later in the game. What Fable really is is a hack'n'slash game with simplified life-sim elements. A great game in its own right, but not at all what it was said to be.
That's what people are angry about when it comes to hyping. That, and some are angry about other people who are too naive and too easily "hyped". Like some sort of fanboy who is a fanboy before the game is even released.

No one wanted EA to admit in every trailer: "This an unfaithfull sequel to a game that doesn't belong to us/ a movie liscense (that sais it all, we think)/ the next monthly incarnation of Madden/Fifa/NFS with a brand new cursor (which had to be cut because we set the release too early and we don't give a damn about the actual development of a game). If you can't run it you are screwed because we don't believe in support. If you still want it give us your pocketmoney, club your parents and give us their money too. Good boy. Now on to some photoshopped screenshots, prerendered "in-game" sequences and carefully chosen camera angles that aren't even possible in the game. Don't forget: This game is brought to you by your friends at the Weinstein Company!":rolleyes::D

:D...

Upvote 0