• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Over 10 new maps and increased player limits for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Anyone read that Steam update btw a few days ago? I closed it automatically but noticed the word Red Orchestra just as I hit close so I missed it. Was it just a copy of this news item? Is there a way I could get that steam advert again? Anyway this advertising seems to have worked - RO is in the top sellers list on the steam website.

Upvote 0
No, he isn't kidding. Part of the reason (apart from it being the greatest FPS for years) is that we count a zero-dollar marketing budget with free new content and so the game is still selling strongly over a year after launch!

Great to hear that things pay off :)
Back in the Mod days I would never have believed that the growing community can push this game so far. I'm really exited how the evolution of TWI continues.

Upvote 0
the problem with the custom maps is that most of them are unbalanced and unplayable (because of the lack of optimization) so it kinda ruins the gameplay, If TW make those map oficial, meaning that they will be balanced and optimized so they are actually enjoyable, then I prefer those 10 custom maps than 2 or 3 new ones

Also the posibility to play this game with so many players may have been the biggest and most drastic gameplay improvement, much more than what new vehicles and weapons can do.
It may look like it wasnt dificult to make that kind of change, but for those who likes to criticise, you should consider the posibility that the improvement in the code, and all the map optimizations and re-balance with all its beta-testing wasnt as easy task as you may think.

and yes, I miss Jucha too =P

Upvote 0
the car is already in RO with the su 85 elephant hetzer zis 42 gaz 67 and maultier truck )

John - a common misconception here - there are models of these things on RO maps - this is a VERY different thing from these vehicles being IN the game in the sense of playable.

The model is step one of about 30 involved in getting a vehicle playable in-game as a lot of us mod people are beginning to understand.

Upvote 0