• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Suicide Satchel Bomber!

I maded same thing in Krasnyi Oktyabr expect with russian grenade i yelled to my friend in ventrilo or was it skype yes it was skype that

" i gonna make a suicide bomb " "For russiiaa and motherland! "

ranned to the Garage room 2 guys were there and 1 guy blowed away just when it blowed the other guy shotted me.

He was behind the guy who getted killed and getted safe.

It should be German grenade because it is a cluster grenade.

Upvote 0
[tR]Mad Mac said:
You know what else is unrealistic?

The fact that you purposefully "jihad" in a WW2 realism game. If you want to dick around with bots or a deathmatch server, go right ahead.

But don't ruin other people's games because you don't want to play appropriately. The people on the other side of the screen are playing this for fun just like you, and many don't appreciate the realism that they play this for being compromised by "bored" individuals.

You say you aren't having fun unless you are blowing people up? Do it in another game, come back to RO when you need realism. Please.

Boy, can you say "hater"?

Actually, suicide satcheling, in certain circumstances, depicts the fanatical nature of the combat that the Eastern Front saw.

Upvote 0
orangepine said:
I never had so much fun in my e-life!

Last night on stalingradkessel I chose the class with the Satchel packs. The whole time I would have my little purse out. When I saw a group of germans, I would ignite my purse then charge at them at full speed! BOOM!!!

One time I snuck behind a group of 4 germans, and I ran infront of them with 2 seconds to go before explosion.

BOOM!!!

I killed all 4 including my self!

Thats how you do a jihad!

:D
I think you'll find Jihad is a Holy war not a suicide bomber. I've been hearing this alot from americans in particular.

A Jihad at its basic level means that religious leaders have declaired the war as a requirment to defend muslim people and that muslim fighters can fight through ramadan when their not normally allowed to fight because of their religious beliefs.

Big time example Oman had a communist rebellion in the late 50 and then again in the 70's. Both of them where declaired Jihads (Holy wars) by the muslim religious leaders. Who are part of the Sultans religous council (covers all the religions in Oman) which was the Sultans version of parliment until recantly when Quboos created an elected parliment (he still has his religious council). There where no suicide bombings in the rebellions just the SAS (known to the local army and militias (Firquats) as Donkey Soldiers) and the SAS trianed SAF (sultans Armed forces) and Iranian Special Forces (in the first rebellion) fighting the communist Adoo.

Glad you had fun playing RO.

Upvote 0
I have mixed feelings about this issue, but I think it does raise some important questions about tactics in Red Orchestra. I play RO for the realism, as well as immersion, action adreniline, etc. Personally I choose a satchel whenever I can, because they are versitile, especially in close quarters. For instance in Stalingrad-Kessel the soldier with the satchel is likely the first into the breach filled with Germans (think Assembly hall) In these situations a satchel plays a wonderful grenade function, and is sometimes the only way to clear a very well defended room. Also, they are very useful against a tank, IF its away from infantry, doesn't see you, and you can kill it with one charge, well good luck. Those seem like viable options. As for the suicide, I have to admit that I have done it more than once, but I don't do it 'rationally', by which I mean I don't really think about it, it just happens on impulse. It can happen at intense moments, when you are pinned by an mg, or when your team is incompitent and can't seem to shoot those SS behind the walls. Despite the fact that we DON'T play in a state of actual fear and desperation, RO is such an immersive game that there are times when I do feel fear and desperation. Gaming has its heat of the moment. In times of extreme panic or desperation (and I am talking about ingame) it can happen, and it can happen spontaniously. As for calculated suicide, I do think it foolish and a waste, and when I have tried it, it just isn't fun for me, it feels stupid. Personally I think part of the problem could be solved if the Soviets were given different anti-armor options, like say a Molotov cocktail that couldn't be used in a suicidal role. Just my two cents.

Upvote 0
monster said:
Boy, can you say "hater"?

Actually, suicide satcheling, in certain circumstances, depicts the fanatical nature of the combat that the Eastern Front saw.

Not a "hater" I just dont like when people resort the the lowest denominator of gameplay, especially in a realism game.

And I'm pretty sure there isnt any historical evidense that can prove suicide bombings were a prevalent tactic on the ostfront.

Upvote 0
I try to get the Sapper class on apropriate maps and after blowing up objectives I like to "go behind enemy lines" to blow up people with satchels.
For instance I would try to get inside the station building on Kessel. Most of the time there are a few people in the front room or on the roof.
I love it when they notice me and see me toss a satchel near the door and leg it.
No way out.
Sometimes I get into a situation where I get shot before I can get away and then it will look like a suicide charge, which in fact isn't one... go figure.
I love the Sapper and his satchels. They have an automatic as well...

Too bad you can't blow up scenery (no this is not a request, just an observation)

Upvote 0
[tR]Mad Mac said:
Not a "hater" I just dont like when people resort the the lowest denominator of gameplay, especially in a realism game.

And I'm pretty sure there isnt any historical evidense that can prove suicide bombings were a prevalent tactic on the ostfront.

Sorry for the hater crack, just a knee-jerk to the tone of your email. Fruedian feedback. :)

No evidence that it was a prevalent tactic, but nonetheless, the nature of the eastfront combat was fanatical, and therefore, sometimes suicidal in nature.

If that is true, then a guy setting off a satchel charge that will kill himself and the enemy is not wholly unrealistic.

My expectation is that in this game, just as in real life, a suicide satchel type is a desperation (and wasteful) tactic, because against an organized enemy, 9 times out of ten he won't get to his target.

If that is true, then the realism of the game is not at risk by the use of this tactic.

Upvote 0
Just because the game is realistic, doesn't mean it has to be played realistically. If the guy wants to blow himself up, he paid for the game and is allowed to, pending he isn't breaking any server rules.

I personally don't suicide satchel because it's not that hard to chuck a charge into a room or by a tank and get away from it to continue fighting. I do, however, love seeing those 30 year olds who still live with their parents getting really angry when people do it and cursing on the mic.

Upvote 0
Bat Guano said:
I have another satchel I'll generally try to pull the cord before I die, since I'm doomed anyway.
In this case, satchel suiciding is plent realistic, seeing as a good soldier always tries to take an enemy with him if/as/when he dies, as long as none of his teammates are in danger. A true soldier would not die without spending his last moments alive paying his killer back with hell.

Upvote 0
monster said:
...No evidence that it was a prevalent tactic, but nonetheless, the nature of the eastfront combat was fanatical, and therefore, sometimes suicidal in nature.

yeah, man. the eastfront combat was suicidal. in my school (russian school) they gave us many examples of suicide acts by soviet soldiers. But they were talking about soldiers who were defending their positions and got surrounded by enemies. so it was either get killed by enemy, or blow yourself up but take out couple of enemies too. and I have never heard of soldiers blowing themselves up while being on offensive. and as I understand what happens in RO is a little bit different. people purposely look for enemy packs and try to take them up by suiciding. or using 1st charge for objective and 2nd for suiciding. that's not an act of desperation. yeah, it is rational. you die but kill 4 other enemies. but in real life I doubt it would happen often. unless there is no other choice, soldiers would try to stay alive as long as possible.

Upvote 0
I only ever suicide bomb on the map Arad. I am the self proclaimed master of suicide bombing on that map. I usually go Russian, pick saper, then I take the Russians APC thing and just ride it to South or North village looking for a tank. I don't really go after the infrantry but if I see a halftrack and there is atleast a driver, gunner, and a passenger then I cook it 5 seconds before I rush it. Its really good fun and produces allot of laughs imo. I don't know why people don't like it, when I usually play, and I blow up a tank loaded with three people I usually get a few 'thanks!', or 'nice job!'. Because it helps the team out.

Upvote 0
I have been know to resort to the crazy Ivan tactic, when all else has failed & there are a few enemy entrenched in a position.

Have found it usefull at times running into a building pulling the pin on the satchel as they riddle my body with bullets only to have the last laugh as a few seconds later they become decoration on the walls, thus giving the team the chance to take advantace of the situation.

But I do prefer the standard aproach of trying the odd nade & shooting my way in, only after about 10 continuious deaths does the desperation set in & the suicide tactic start looking more rosy.

Upvote 0