• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is your most hated kind of player?

Excuse some of us for not having the skills to snapshoot running gorefasts or ZEDs moving perpendicular to my LOS. At that point body shots that hits count way more than head shots that misses. The only exception is the sharpshooter, because the slow rate of fire on their weapons.

That is not to say I dont aim for the head as long as I have some range between my and the enemy, but once I can see the white in their eyes, it is time for rock 'n' roll.

I'm talking about in situations where you have plenty of time to aim for the head, of course.

Upvote 0
In defense of self healing:

When I join a server, I start by assuming we'll either have a healing medic or people will be aggressive about healing each other. Sometimes that happens (and to the medics who hold ground in the middle of the team, topping off teammates every time the MP7 has a charge, I love you), but as often as not the medic is just playing medic for the feeling of invulnerability they get from having tough armor and teammates won't even consider healing you until you're so near death that a Husk ganks you anyway because the teammate healing you is also blocking your escape route (rageragerage). When you get to the trader and no-one is competing to be the first to heal up a wounded teammate who's buying his stuff, a perfect opportunity to top everyone off without worrying about getting bit in the *** by a zed, I just say fark it. You don't want to heal me for the free dosh when I'm at 85 health and there's a lull in the action? Fine, I'll heal myself if you don't want the cash, and heal everyone else I reach (when I'm not preoccupied) with my syringe for the free money while I'm at it. I'll share the bounty with the other teammates who are healing, but otherwise I'm getting my AA12 before you see one cent.

Upvote 0
Newbs who join HoE servers and get me killed trying to protect them. ****ing nursery school.

NurserySchool_cj_DOTD.jpg

Upvote 0
Oh, here's a kind of person to rage at that you're all probably familiar with.

A while ago, on the Evil Santa map, this low level Berserker kept begging for money at the end of every wave. We usually tossed him what we could spare, and went on. For three waves, he did this - never buying body armor. I thought, "Hey, he's been given roughly 3k by now. Certainly he can afford it. Berserker weapons aren't THAT much." But, as an extra shove to get it, me and another tossed him another thousand dosh, EACH, at least.

You know what he bought? As a Berserker? A SCARMK17. Me and the guy who had been tossing him money kind of had to double take this armorless Berserker with a SCAR, before swearing never to hand him money again. We settled down, began to head back to our campy spot, telling people clearly to follow along with the group. Everyone kept together;

everyone except the Berserker.

He.... wandered off at some point, was swarmed. The SCAR, along with our dosh, went down the toilet, since he refused to speak or retrieve it. I actually think he raged shortly afterwards.

But yeah, THAT sort of player. The moron who doesn't go shopping for weapons in his perk, who spends 4k on a SCAR, as a Berserker, instead of spending the measly 300 for some kind of body armor. I could have forgiven it, maybe, if he'd lived and been useful. But he went and got himself killed on a latter wave.

Upvote 0
I just bought this game like a week ago so don't get mad at me for not understanding something, but i don't see how that effects you. So why do you care? I typically choose which ever weapon I'm in the mood for.

It boils down to this: using an off-perk weapon as a primary means that you're not dealing the damage you should be, reloading as fast as you should be, have the magazine (almost said clip, but don't want Candlejack to *****slap me) size that you should. This is especially important for Trader discounts, as you can then give the money saved to teammates that need their t3 weapons or armor reps.

You're performing at a sub-par level, to put it nicely. That's tolerable on normal to an extent but on the higher difficulties, that can affect your team via their ability to fend off specimens and survive.

If you want to use a given weapon as your primary, select the corresponding perk. That's all. It'll make it a hell of a lot easier for you as well.

Upvote 0
New players astound me with their lack of common sense sometimes, but it's not a huge deal. I'll tell em to get out of hard/suicidal or whatever I happen to be playing, explain why, and kick them. Frustrating to lose 75% of HARD games simply because everyone dies and leaves, cycling around 20 players through each game, but I can't really say I hate them.

The people who actually bug me are those who think they're extremely knowledgeable despite having bought the game a couple weeks ago. Some level 5 support tried to explain to me how to finish off scrakes with a hunting shotgun; acted like he discovered selling and rebuying weapons, and uses $10 shells on anything including headless, distant, single clots and bloats.

Although it's quite fun to have a fellow demo tell me how the LAW is useless on hard, when I then outscore him in kills and saving our teammates' asses.

Oh, right, totally forgot one. People who don't talk, and act like it's a solo game. Someone waltzes in, buys their equipment, accepting your cash without looking at you, and wanders off to the other end of the map. Usually they die and leave, while everyone else is trying to get them to explain what the hell they're doing. Makes you wonder if they don't speak English, or really can't find out what the chat key is.

I just bought this game like a week ago so don't get mad at me for not understanding something, but i don't see how that effects you. So why do you care? I typically choose which ever weapon I'm in the mood for.
Your presence in a server increases the life of zombies, and number of them. By being there you're making the game harder for everyone, so you should be prepared to carry your own weight. When you're playing as a sharpshooter with a shotgun, you could be doing much better with a handcannon aiming for the head. Alternatively, you could simply buy the shotgun like you wanted and switch your perk to support (YES, YOU CAN SWITCH PERKS MIDGAME. YOU ARE NOT STUCK WITH ONE THE ENTIRE ROUND.) You lose nothing by switching and might actually be helpful and able to protect yourself and others, instead of having other players babysit you or leave you to die.

Upvote 0
When I play Firebug I encourage my teammates to shoot at anything I set fire to. It will die much quicker and clear up LOS. I'm still getting paid anyway, even if I don't kill anything. Firebug usually racks up massive amounts of kills though.

I love partnering with a firebug as support. I can use my regular 9mm and it is deadly with headshots on flaming enemies, and I still have shotguns to protect the team if things get ugly. I constantly use my 9mm on weak stuff as support, even on HoE. It saves my shells for groups. Unless it is a crawler, for some reason they seem deadlier now.

Upvote 0
New players astound me with their lack of common sense sometimes, but it's not a huge deal. I'll tell em to get out of hard/suicidal or whatever I happen to be playing, explain why, and kick them. Frustrating to lose 75% of HARD games simply because everyone dies and leaves, cycling around 20 players through each game, but I can't really say I hate them.

deadpool%20common%20sense.jpg

Upvote 0
Oh, I have to share this:

A while ago I was playing Farm as a berserker, and this level 6 SS starts picking off the heads of everything I'm running toward; Annoying, but by no means unusual at this point. "Well he doesn't have a berserker..".

After I eventually ask him to stop, he flips out and tries to follow me around for the rest of the map kill stealing everything I come across. I almost walk him into a death trap, but he wiggles away.

After we lose contact for a while, I swear I hear him over voice start shouting assignments to everyone. "Go stand over there!"; "You guys, come with me if you want to live."

Yes, he unknowingly, and seriously, quoted Arnold-Effing-Shwarzzenegger. The size of his ego relative to his skill level could sink an aircraft carrier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-Power abusing admins

-People who join servers with friends then take advantage of the kick system

-People who self heal when they have a scratch but are standing next to a team mate with ~20 HP..or just self heal over others in general

-People who run off and solo in a 6 man and honestly think "I'm helping" and end up whoring all the kills/money and getting everyone killed

-Medics who dont heal

-Low levels in high difficulties

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Well I almost don't hate anyone. I can stand bad medics, players who don't know the importance fo perks... But once a guy retardedly blocked people out of the trader during the whole trader time despite everyone politely warning him on the mic that he was blocking. When the underequipped team gets obliterated the following wave he spans "FAIL" on the text. When we say "You blocked us during the whole trader time. What did you hope for?" he says something like "stfu stop blaming me noobs" and leaves the server. Oh, and guess what? Yeah, he wasn't using a perk weapon either.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0