• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 Overall

Vintage;n2286978 said:
The game is pretty bad. I returned my 40$ copy and bought it again for 6.99$ on another site. Couldn't justify Tripwire getting my money for this game. I play occasionally and routinely advise people against purchasing the game when they ask me if it's good.

Most of the classes have a single best perk loadout, many perk loadouts are just objectively awful, Commando class is **** and just an inferior SWAT. Also the devs are SJWs and you can tell just by looking at the female characters. Fat, ugly, degenerates with disgusting piercing and tattoos. They really dropped the ball with this game.

if you havin perk problems i feel bad for you son, ive got 99 problem but commando aint one.

its fine that you didnt like it though. ill be the first to admit it has a different flavor to KF1. i think we need more chickenator then the game will be amazing.

Upvote 0
Vintage;n2286978 said:
The game is pretty bad. I returned my 40$ copy and bought it again for 6.99$ on another site. Couldn't justify Tripwire getting my money for this game. I play occasionally and routinely advise people against purchasing the game when they ask me if it's good.

Most of the classes have a single best perk loadout, many perk loadouts are just objectively awful, Commando class is **** and just an inferior SWAT. Also the devs are SJWs and you can tell just by looking at the female characters. Fat, ugly, degenerates with disgusting piercing and tattoos. They really dropped the ball with this game.

And humanity dropped the ball with you by allowing your existance :v

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2283071 said:
Thats no point in the grand scheme of things. Ive got 1366hrs + and only now do I not play at least one game of KF2 a day. Thats 600+ more hours than I played original vanilla KF1. Given that I played over 2000+ hrs of KF1 mostly on custom servers I think the point about the game being stale is horse****. Thats my first point.

To you it may seem like horse****, to others it may seem like you are just easily amused.

2Clicks;n2283071 said:
Tell me what games can you sink 200+ hrs in w/o noticing it? Or which games have been developed for more than a year? And will cont. to do so for years to come (if they follow the same pattern as KF1.)

L4D. Other than that, I can't really think of any other co-op, linear FPS games. Otherwise I would go with Skyrim, Diablo, any MMORPG ... You have to remember that just because YOU like running in a large circle shooting the same monsters for 1366+ hours and are happy to do so, other people might be looking for a bit more variety.

2Clicks;n2283071 said:
That brings me to my second point... KF1 wasnt built in a day and if those ppl complaining that KF2 is getting stale already played KF1 at the same time (relatively speaking) Im pretty sure they would have said the same thing back then! And thats not to mention all the events and extra wpn dlcs that came out post KF1s release.

Right there with you, I played KF1 when it was a CS mod. I wished and waited for KF2 to come out, but once the pretty new graphics wore off, and because of some decisions TWI made along the way, I honestly can't remember the last time I played. Combination of "same 'ol same 'ol" and the loot crate stuff got me looking for other games to play, honestly. I play for a bit after every new Update, but eventually just get bored after a while.

2Clicks;n2283071 said:
I dont have a problem with you or the OP having your opinions. If ppl are getting bored of the game thats fine. Join the club... but they should at least try to make comparsions that are relatively balanced and likewise justifications!

Like what, exactly? If a game bores you, it bores you. What would be helpful would be some feedback on what could make it stop being boring, but those suggestions should go in the Ideas forum, anyway.

Upvote 0
bass361;n2283084 said:
In a nut shell, KF2 will have to be completely re-worked in order to be half the game KF1 is. The most glaring issue imo is the lack of consistent gameplay. Most KF1 deaths come from gradually being over run, where as in KF2 you just get 2 shot from a FP.

Honestly there is so much wrong with the game that people aren't even trying to fix it any more. They'll just sit back and say "Oh ya the games great cuzz there's guns and zeds."

The fact of the matter is the entire game isn't Killing Floor any more. This is what most KF fans were scared of back when they released their first few Dev Diaries and showed that there was a sprint mechanic. Frankly the game just doesn't have it's soul any more.

If people want to be optimistic about a poor game that's fine, but don't act like it's great. There's far too much wrong with this game (*Cough* The Zedconomy is the worst, saddest, most lazily put together piece of **** excuse I have ever seen for bull **** micro transaction bait *cough*)

I think the Boss fights are what killed a big part of the fun for me. Boring as hell, and they feel cheap. Zedconomy was the crappy icing on the cake which turned me away, too.

Upvote 0
imnrk;n2283481 said:
Lack of detail? Have you taken the time to look at the maps? There are subtle little details everywhere, just not gory ones. This game has it's fair share of flaws (as did the first game) but lack of detail is most definitely not one of them.

And, just saying, I don't know of a single game series where the latter games retain the same atmosphere. The second games almost always have more diverse gameplay though, and Kf2 is no exception.

You don't have to like it, but you can't deny that this game exceeds in so many levels. Where it might not have the same exact atmosphere of the first game, it has a different atmosphere of it's own, plus smoother gameplay.

I kind of disagree. KF1 had that certain "something" or combination of somethings that just made it feel gritty and post-apocalyptic. It's hard to put your finger on it, really. KF2 feels really antiseptic and clean. The cars in Burning Paris, for example. They are crashed, but they are all clean, etc. Kind of throws the vibe off a bit, at least to me.

Dead Space 1 and 2 did a good job or carrying the same environment vibe, Dead Space 3 ... not so much.

Upvote 0
Hellmeat;n2287021 said:
L4D. Other than that, I can't really think of any other co-op, linear FPS games. Otherwise I would go with Skyrim, Diablo, any MMORPG ... You have to remember that just because YOU like running in a large circle shooting the same monsters for 1366+ hours and are happy to do so, other people might be looking for a bit more variety.

fair point. but then, isnt that what KF1 was all about? running around in circles and kill the same mobs over and over again.. we understood the mechanics and learned how to exploit it (yes combos). what variety,other than modded servers, are you refering to? (assuming you sunk a ton of hrs into KF1)

i get what you're saying..KF2 isnt like KF1 in many regards. the mechanics are different, it doesnt have the same feel to it and so on. but the overall factor, for me personally, is having a good time. and iam having a good time with mates playing KF2. thats why KF2 is still a time sink for me..and a good one at that :)

Upvote 0
poultrygeist;n2287045 said:
fair point. but then, isnt that what KF1 was all about? running around in circles and kill the same mobs over and over again.. we understood the mechanics and learned how to exploit it (yes combos). what variety,other than modded servers, are you refering to? (assuming you sunk a ton of hrs into KF1)

i get what you're saying..KF2 isnt like KF1 in many regards. the mechanics are different, it doesnt have the same feel to it and so on. but the overall factor, for me personally, is having a good time. and iam having a good time with mates playing KF2. thats why KF2 is still a time sink for me..and a good one at that :)

Oh I have fun jumping on when new stuff comes out, loved SWAT Perk and had a great time leveling it, and am thankful that TWI is busy releasing new game modes and maps. I also forgot to mention Warhammer: Vermintide which is a L4D clone that's actually pretty cool. I guess if my friends played KF2 I would jump on it more, we've kind of migrated to other games now. They are really into ESO and I'm kind of on a PS4 kick =(

Upvote 0
Hellmeat;n2287087 said:
Yeah I agree, and it looks really great, I guess nostalgia plays a big part of it. I'm sure if I fired up KF1 now (it's not even installed now) the rose-tinted glasses would come off.

i think they way they could have alleviated this was making the default max dead body count higher, but the problem that you cant shoot through them would have to be addressed.

Upvote 0
Hellmeat;n2287086 said:
Oh I have fun jumping on when new stuff comes out, loved SWAT Perk and had a great time leveling it, and am thankful that TWI is busy releasing new game modes and maps. I also forgot to mention Warhammer: Vermintide which is a L4D clone that's actually pretty cool. I guess if my friends played KF2 I would jump on it more, we've kind of migrated to other games now. They are really into ESO and I'm kind of on a PS4 kick =(

shoot us a PM here and ill give you my steam ID. have a run with us, perhaps that will get you back into the game.

Upvote 0
Hellmeat;n2287087 said:
Yeah I agree, and it looks really great, I guess nostalgia plays a big part of it. I'm sure if I fired up KF1 now (it's not even installed now) the rose-tinted glasses would come off.

I played with a few friends the other night, was like putting on a pair of trusty old weathered gloves. I had a blast and I would honestly pick KF1 over KF2 at the moment. This kind of thing has been discussed on these forums many times and it's very hard to precisely determine why but for those that feel KF1 is superior they seem to always have different reasons and can never completely agree on why they feel the way they do.

Of course the devs don't want KF2 to be KF1 HD and some players prefer KF2 over KF1 and that's perfectly fine but I just don't have as much fun with KF2 as I still do with KF1. That said I don't play KF1 consistently because of how much I've played it in the past and I don't play KF2 consistently because it doesn't enthrall me as much as KF1 originally did. I don't really know why I feel this way and I don't really care to attempt to figure it out because I analyzed those things throughout the entire early access process as KF2 slowly began to shift away from KF1.

I think this might be similar to what many other players experience because like them I only come back when an update comes out and then eventually put the game down again after a few days. Maybe the next update will change how I feel about KF2 and maybe it wont but I wont be too down about it because there'll probably be another one eventually. Anyways sorry about the rant. Kinda got away from me.

Upvote 0
I'm a jaded old KF1 player, and I see where a lot of you guys are coming from with your complaints, but I'm in the same boat as Pie on this one. KF2 is not KF2.0. It could never be because that KF magic just isn't there. I don't know what that magic is, or was, but it's not there.
However, this does not make KF2 a bad game, it is fun, just not what some of the KF veterans were hoping for. It took me a while to come around to that fact, that this game wasn't going to be just a hd KF. I stopped playing KF2 when there were still only 4 perks because of how slow development was going, and only started playing again now, and I'm glad that I did. The time away from the game let me come to terms with the fact that it was different, and that was okay. Sure, mistakes aren't as punishing in this game, but the teamwork is still there, and it does its job of being a fun cooperative time sink.

Besides, if I ever get the itch to go 10 shot a FP, or uppercut a Sc, or attempt to do a Commando only Wyre run, KF1 is still there waiting for me and my friends

Upvote 0
jd641;n2287131 said:
Either your memory is playing tricks on you or you're just making stuff up because KF1 was never a CS mod, it was a UT2k4 mod. :p

You're probably right, I DID play a lot of UT2K4, ha ha! And Counter Strike, and Quake, and Half Life ... man I see a trend here =( I actually found my old 3DFX addon card in a box the other day, I remember I bought it specifically for Quake!

Upvote 0