• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons counting towards two classes.

Search didn't bring anything up so...

Weapons that could possible work for two classes should possibly do so? Sort of like hybrid weapons I guess you could say.

Ex.
Trench gun should count both toward damage with shotguns and fire damage depending on whether the player is a support or fire bug.

M4 203 should count towards both commando's stalker kills and demolition's explosive damage.

Although I'm not entirely sure the trenchgun was intended to have bonuses from both support and firebug; can anyone confirm that it isn't a bug of some sort?

Just like commando has a reload general bonus, AFAIK support has a general penetration bonus. If a weapon has penetration, the support's bonus makes it more useful. It's just generally associated with shotguns because they're the main weapon to get noticable benefits from it (crossbow and M99 don't really notice it).
Although if that were the case, it'd improve penetration from pistols, which I've never heard of it doing so.

But yea, support doesn't get damage, reload bonus etc with the firebug shotgun.

And yes, it would be cool if more weapons were multi-classed in this way. Medic guns damage counting towards commando maybe?

Upvote 0