• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crash at Tripwire screen

supermutt0

Aug 10, 2010
Just got it, and had the black screen with flicker on my other screen.
Did the KillingFloor.ini repair, so now I see the Tripwire splash screen when you first load the game.
But it doesn't fade in, and Task Manager shows that KF isn't working.

So I ask you, what must I do to get past this one screen, and play for the first time?
No KillingFloor.log because it's blank.

*Edit*
I'm totally stuck on that screen, I even disabled my other screen, but it didn't help.

*New Edit*
Now that I got the game to run a little, we have a .log!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
  • KillingFloor.log
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just create a new map in the editor called NVidiaLogo.rom save it and then replace this line:
LocalMap=KFIntro.rom
NetBrowseMap=Entry.rom
With this line:
LocalMap=NVidiaLogo.rom
NetBrowseMap=Entry.rom

Since I'm a noob, and couldn't find the editor, I just grabbed the map from http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39077
And renamed it as you said.

It didn't give me Tripwire inc frame, just a black screen.
But Windows did notice that the game failed, and tried to 'solve the issue.'
So I'm still S.O.L.

But thanks for assisting. :D

Upvote 0
Alright, so I found a way to load straight to the games menu, so I can see the EULA and Menu, but I can't do anything, and it doesn't give me a cursor. It just crashes.

*Edit*
Progress is made.
I can play solo in window mode, but I have a wait a while till I can control the game. In the menus and in the game it will hang, for a minute or two.

I cannot play full-screen, or online because of the hang.

But it's still progress.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright, so I found a way to load straight to the games menu, so I can see the EULA and Menu, but I can't do anything, and it doesn't give me a cursor. It just crashes.

*Edit*
Progress is made.
I can play solo in window mode, but I have a wait a while till I can control the game. In the menus and in the game it will hang, for a minute or two.

I cannot play full-screen, or online because of the hang.

But it's still progress.

Could you say how you actually did this to help others?
Because a friend of mine crashes on startup of the game and this might help too.

Upvote 0