• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why so many servers are empty?

SaintWarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 5, 2009
Hello everybody,

Two days ago I started playing RO and already became very addicted to this incredible game.

Just wanted to ask why only several servers are usually full? Where are all other people playing? This matches Darkest Hour and Mare Nostrum too as I have all three versions. :confused:

Regards.

Where do you play most of the time?

I always come to French Partisans (frguerilla) RO 41-45 Ostfront server in the evenings because it is by far the only server where I get normal ping values (<100) and don't bother with long content downloads in the beginning. There are approx. 30-40 people all the time.

I see other loaded servers in browsing list with even more people but pings seem terrific to me - I am a bit afraid to play with ping of over 300.

But nevertheless this game is just incredible to me. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
since DH came out the players splitt and switch between the games...

when i look the stats http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
i see the peek today
DH: 250 players...
RO: 850 players...
makes 1050 players total...

i wasnt very different one year before... around 1000- 1250 players was the peek then on RO when DH was not out...

so the number of players remains constant...

btw although i play also some other games meanwhile RO its the best game ever made till today

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what my ping will be when I get RO-Ost, but when I was playing 3.3, no matter what server or where the server was, on average my ping was always well below 100.... including the European servers.... and I live in Atlantic Canada.

Maybe it's because rather then the connection going accross the ocean, it goes through the artic :p:D

Of course geographically, most in the US, even in the Eastern Coast, are farther away then I am from the Euro servers, so perhaps I'm in the sweet spot.

Upvote 0
during the day, as in for Americans, the peak will be around 800 and there's servers filled because there are still a lot of europeans playing. if you're in europe, you're just fine. for east coast americans you can play in most UK servers with decent enough ping so long as you're on early. for midwest/west coast americans, it kinda sucks both ways, but OG and OF servers have been getting filled up again for americans til 1am or so PST.....of course TaT 24/7 Danzig has players almost the entire 24 hour time span.

don't worry, everyone will be back when HOS comes out.

Upvote 0
Always at least 5 servers full for me at night.

Alot of the total players are clan war players tho not pubby players.

Last night, off the top of my head I knew of 7 matches. Thats 8 players a side x 7 matches = 16 * 7 = 112 players. Thats just what I knew about and is prolly not the total.

This accounts for a fair whack of the the numbers, so they can only be taken at face value and not numbers playing on active public servers.

Upvote 0