• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Theatre of War

Ok where to start.

Preformance. Beyond abysmal. I was one of the few who could comfortably max the first, and I have to turn everything to very low to get more than 20 fps in the sidi baran or whatever it is. And on very low, it is UGLY.:mad: Also I noticed big vissula changes from high to medium, but no preformance changes, so it is possibly bootlenecking at my processor I suppose, depressing if so.

The UI is much worse I think, seems to me like they tired to make it "intuitive" (dev just love that word:p) and failed misserably imho. But that is just my opinion, I know lots of people hated the first UI and I acctualy thought it was very good, so maybe people will like this new one.

The map is way way bigger than before, with matching increased ranges, and also the maps are big enough for in map artilley, which is nice. But these are presumably the reasons for the horrible preformance, so maybe not so good:eek:.

The last biggy is the improved infantry and enterable buildings. On the whole I think it is done very well, the infantry now has decent "pasive" Ai and will seek cover when under fire, and seems to be able to priorities poisitions in buildings; ie the mg in the squad will take a window looking towards the enemy, while the rifles will take windows in the back of the building. This is really the only bit that would make it worth buying for me at the moment, I didn't read any of the hype but I don't doubt all the promises on this front will br met, it is really the best I have seen yet I think, even better than COH. Not such good destruction though.

Overall it will be very good if they can just get it runnable, otherwise totaly unplayable.

Spec BTW: dual core e6850 @3.0
3 gig ram
dual 8800gts in sli

(on a side note sli makes an enormus difference in tow1, triples my fps in some situations buyt makes no noticable difference here, so looks like they have reduced the graphical demands of the game but greatly increased the cpu usage)

Upvote 0
funny, but so far on the tutorials, on my humble P4 3.2ghtz rig and 7900GT with low settings it runs fine! :)

much better than TOW1. The feels is much like COH and Close Combat now
still a bit too fiddly. Morale is big factor. And Fog of war is done well, much like Combat Mission, and unlike COH. You really do need to watch your field of view

I don't really like this theatre though. Normandy or bust!

Upvote 0
I don't really like this theatre though. Normandy or bust!

Well obviously big flat desert maps make designing much much easier. No tree FOV problems to solve which plagued TOW, allows for a bigger map, not many objects around the battlefield for FPS problems, makes "infantry has no cover!!11" complaints go away at the instant and so on.

They actually took the easy way to solve TOW's inabilities by choosing a fitting theatre rather than actually fixing them.

Upvote 0