• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your guess on a release date

I'm guessing never, given the endless list of stupid *** suggestions in the ideas forum.

Lol exactly.... I am guilty of this as well.:rolleyes:

I think Mid 2010. RO has always been hush hush with there media at the beginning stages of development.

- This is probably because of all the complaint threads that'll pop up over an unfinished product.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll start with when it won't be, this year or the first three months of next year. Theres too little of 2009 left to grind the media cogs and early months of year we'll no one pitches anything then, we all want to stay indoors where its warm :D

I also exclude next July & August to many customers, media, developers take holidays and the like. I also don't see HOS as a "holidays" release so November/December release either.

Leaves two windows of opportunity in my mind, April-June and September-October.

I think i'd die of boredom if i had to wait another year for HOS, so first window it is. Although i think it will be later on towards the 4 weeks from mid May to Mid June. Fingers Crossed!

We're looking at ~5 months from announcement to release I think, enough to mobilise the forum troops in to salivating fanboi.

So hopefully teh big announcement is due early in the new year!

Upvote 0
March 14, 2010

4 years after RO:Ost was released ;)

yup that's what i've always thought too. also, i've got a sneeking suspicion that it's "early" 2010 but i'm not telling why :p but i'll still say march maybe april at the latest

a good sign is KF though.....they went a while without an update, then a decent update followed by a HUGE update less than 2 months later (gonna be out Oct 22nd). this major update will keep the KF people satisfied for a while and give them more time to focus on HOS.

TW always seems to be doing "nothing" when they really doing a lot and just not telling us about it. when we don't see them posting, that's a good sign. i'm still picturing a dramatic, "we'll we've actually been done for 2 months now, but we just wanted to mess with people" release :D

Upvote 0
Two weeks.

Honestly, not sure. I would be surprised if it came it within a year. But, I'd rather have them polish it up. ArmA 2 and OFP2 were a let down for me. I'd rather wait a bit longer and be sure that RO2 is not another let down.

Then again, they do seem to have done a lot of work already.
The igromania article I saw during the summer (when the first screens surfaced up) mentioned the completion level of 40%. So go figure.

Upvote 0
I don't know why people always think that just because theres a new update for KF, that work has stopped on HoS. As far as I know, they kept most of the team from the KF mod. Also, from my limited mod experience, I can attest to the fact that it is possible to work on two seperate things at one time.

I'm gonna say sometime in 2010. Hopefully the early half of the year. Then we can release IE :p

Upvote 0
March 14th 2010 seems the most probable from a RO fan point of view. They better not release at this date though.

So many big titles have been pushed to Spring dates (namely March), that I don't see RO:HoS making a big opening around those months. The attention will be on those giants like GoW, BF:BC2, Mass Effect 2 etc. that RO:HoS will just be forgotten in that crazy hype madness.

I'm sure the game will be pretty much finished by Ostfront's 4th anniversary, but I bet they'll release it during the summer/early fall 2010 after the dust settles off.

Upvote 0