• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Your Experience with Memory Leaks?

larkstongues42

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
I was curious about others experience with memory leaks in KF2 servers.

Personally, I run 3 KF servers and between the three of them over the course of a week leaked about 6.5GB of RAM (including 2GB of swap). I'm curious if these numbers are common or if I'm seeing something weird here.

I was curious about others experience with memory leaks in KF2 servers.

Personally, I run 3 KF servers and between the three of them over the course of a week leaked about 6.5GB of RAM (including 2GB of swap). I'm curious if these numbers are common or if I'm seeing something weird here.

Just took a look at my servers and the largest one is using roughly 1GB, while the other two are sitting around 650MB each. Although actual RAM usage seems to be quite high (6.5GB/24GB) with nothing else really running. I'll keep an eye on this and let you know if I see the same thing occur.

Upvote 0
All of these have been running since v1006 release, doesn't seem to be a leak for me.

2aQQfN1.png

Upvote 0
Memory leaks

Memory leaks

Mine crashes roughly every 3 hours because i run out of ram. I only use one 6 player server and it climbs from ~600MB to its total 1GB in that time. But it is being run on a ubuntu server on wine and im not very expericenced with wine so it may be possible its something i did i followed http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=105484 guide i got the unable to load texture dither error error but it still runs.

Update: I have found that its not from the server being online but that after each match is played roughly 75-100MB more memory are in use by KFServer. I increased my RAM to 2GB it hasn't crashed in over a day now but i have to restart it or it maxes out. Since I've seen no other complaints about this on windows its seems there is something with my wine. Also the longer its running the more CPU usage increases from at first start with 6 people in server 40% CPU and 35% RAM to near the end 90% ram and about 80-90% cpu.

Last edited:
Upvote 0