• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac "You can't open the application Killing Floor ... not supported on this type of Mac."

cactusfriend

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2009
"You can't open the application Killing Floor ... not supported on this type of Mac."

"You can't open the application Killing Floor because it is not supported on this type of Mac."

Is anyone else getting this error? I navigated to the KF app in Finder and get the same error, so I don't think it's a steam problem (as the devs have said in other threads). In fact, in finder, a white circle with a line through it appears over the icon (typically this is shown if the app is compiled for another unsupported architecture, such as PowerPC on an Intel mac, 64-bit on a 32-bit only system, etc).

Attached is a screenshot of the error window as well as the 'get info' window which shows the 'badge' over the app icon as well as that it's an Intel application (so it SHOULD work...maybe just needs to be recompiled with a new build target? devs?)

Specs:
Mac OS X 10.7.4 (latest)
iMac 21.5" Intel Core i5 quad 2.5ghz
12 GB RAM
AMD Radeon 6750m 512 MB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 7.53.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 7.53.52 PM.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
I was able to get this resolved...not sure, but it seems like I got some strange KF binary from steam. Trying to launch it from the command line gave me a similar error:

"The application cannot be opened because it has an incorrect executable format."

HOWEVER navigating inside of the .app bundle and launching the unix executable 'worked' (but no Steam, etc). Luckily a full reinstall gave me a working copy of KF.

Upvote 0