• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Yet another computer upgrade thread

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
Hi guys,
I've been thinking about bringing my trusty gaming steed up to date and, since I haven't really been following the latest & greatest as far as new CPU, GPU & RAM technologies are concerned, I was wondering if you could help me out a bit with a sensible upgrade plan. As far as I can tell, my main bottlenecks would be the sluggish dual core proc & only 4 gigs of RAM. I was thinking of buying a new graphics card as well, but since I'd only really like to be able to max out Skyrim, RO2, CoH and perhaps BF3 (if I get it), that might not be necessary?

My max res is 1440x900 (19" wide, a weird choice in retrospect), so I'm probably not in need of some beastly GPU to replace my 450 GTS.

So far I've set my eyes on the Intel i5 3570 3.4GHz Quad w/ 6MB cache & Mushkin Silverline Stiletto 2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz and perhaps a PCI-E GAINWARD GeForce GTX 650 Ti, 1GB DDR5, since I can get it for a fair price.

Last edited: